Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Lies, damned lies and Jamie Vardy's inability to pass

Fcking Jeff Schlupp in midfield.

I have herd it all now. 

When the balls on the right of the pitch yeah that's what wingers do.

Jeff Schlupp as a midfielder is a horrible idea, if your going to persist with this argument you could at least pick a player who could perceivable be some use there. Knockaert for example has been touted by many as an option there. Wasil as a deep lying holding midfield at a push. Jeff Schlupp has literally none of the attributes needed to be a decent center midfielder (hence why it's one of only two outfield positions he has never played)

To be honest rolling Cambiasso out on one leg out would be a better idea than.

Well whatever. That’s not really the argument here. All I’m actually saying is that we needed 3 in midfield. Yeah Knocky might work there, but I’d prefer Schlupp cos of his pace and workate - which are attributes needed by an attacking midfielder. So it’s wrong to say he has none.

Plus, I’m not saying a CM I’m saying an attacking midfielder. There’s a subtle difference. The attacking midfielder needs pace to get forward and support the lone forward… I think Schlupp could do this better than Knocky. It's a role which basically has to cover the top of the midfield and attack.  Not sure anyone can say he'd be useless there without seeing him play the role.

The point is we should be playing someone in there to cover an injury crisis….  If De Laet and Simpson were both injured we wouldn’t just not play a right-back. Midfield is the same.

Haha of course a wide midfielder tucks in, that isn't the same as playing as a centre midfielder in a 3. As i stated, Jeff's close control wouldn't be good enough for the centre of the pitch containing 6 players, it would be too congested.

You do realise people are laughing at you for being so clueless don't you??

You think people are laughing at the suggestion that a left-sided midfielder/attacker, plays one game as attacking midfielder, to cover an injury crisis in midfield.

Hilarious.

Well whatever. That’s not really the argument here. All I’m actually saying is that we needed 3 in midfield. Yeah Knocky might work there, but I’d prefer Schlupp cos of his pace and workate - which are attributes needed by an attacking midfielder. So it’s wrong to say he has none.

Plus, I’m not saying a CM I’m saying an attacking midfielder. There’s a subtle difference. The attacking midfielder needs pace to get forward and support the lone forward… I think Schlupp could do this better than Knocky. It's a role which basically has to cover the top of the midfield and attack.  Not sure anyone can say he'd be useless there without seeing him play the role.

The point is we should be playing someone in there to cover an injury crisis….  If De Laet and Simpson were both injured we wouldn’t just not play a right-back. Midfield is the same.

Pace and work rate are not needed by an attacking midfielder, some of the best attacking midfielders in my time have been some of the slowest and laziest bastards going.  :blink:

Vision, passing, technique, intelligence, touch, abilty to actually dribble with the ball close to your body instead of knocking the ball 20 yards in front of you and relying on pace to beat a man. The ability to shoot from distance (more than once before anyone rolls out Liverpool)

Basically everything Jeffrey Schlupp isn't. 

Pace and work rate are not needed by an attacking midfielder, some of the best attacking midfielders in my time have been so of the slowest and laziest bastards going.  :blink:

Vision, passing, technique, intelligence, touch, abilty to actually dribble with the ball close to your body instead of knocking the ball 20 yards in front of you and relying on pace to beat a man. The ability to shoot from distance (more than once before anyone rolls out Liverpool)

Basically everything Jeffrey Schlupp isn't. 

Errr. Well yes, if we had somebody like that then no we wouldn't need Schlupp there would we!!

I think you're thinking Matt Le Tissier whilst i'm just trying to be realistic and thinking Jon Walters or George Boyd.

Schlupp seemed to be in that area when he scored his goal against Liverpool. So it shouldn't take a huge stretch of imagination to see him playing one game against Stoke there.

I'm sure Walters or Boyd would be incredibly flattered to here your description of their role!

Plus, I’m not saying a CM I’m saying an attacking midfielder. There’s a subtle difference. The attacking midfielder needs pace to get forward and support the lone forward… I think Schlupp could do this better than Knocky. It's a role which basically has to cover the top of the midfield and attack. Not sure anyone can say he'd be useless there without seeing him play the role.

The point is we should be playing someone in there to cover an injury crisis…. If De Laet and Simpson were both injured we wouldn’t just not play a right-back. Midfield is the same.

We had 3 in midfield just like stoke did.

Drinkwater King

Nugent

N'Zonzi Whelan

Bojan

Errr. Well yes, if we had somebody like that then no we wouldn't need Schlupp there would we!!

I think you're thinking Matt Le Tissier whilst i'm just trying to be realistic and thinking Jon Walters or George Boyd.

Schlupp seemed to be in that area when he scored his goal against Liverpool. So it shouldn't take a huge stretch of imagination to see him playing one game against Stoke there.

I'm sure Walters or Boyd would be incredibly flattered to here your description of their role!

To be honest Schlupp would probably make Boyd or Walters look like Le Tissier if he was to play there.

We didn't need Schlupp there in the first place. He is not an attacking midfielder, as he (still) lacks vision and passing skills required for that role. And attacking midfielders need a lot more energy to deal with defensive duties (tracking back).

Against Liverpool, Schlupp drifted into the middle for once before finishing it with the equalizer.

It is not his natural position.

We didn't need Schlupp there in the first place. He is not an attacking midfielder, as he (still) lacks vision and passing skills required for that role. And attacking midfielders need a lot more energy to deal with defensive duties (tracking back).

Against Liverpool, Schlupp drifted into the middle for once before finishing it with the equalizer.

It is not his natural position.

Was that what you were thinking when he slammed home the equaliser at Anfield?

Was that what you were thinking when he slammed home the equaliser at Anfield?

Yeah you're right.

When Wood scored that goal at Burnley last year I thought yeah - he should be on the left wing that lad - got all the attributes for it because he scored a goal from that position one time despite actually having none of the appropriate attributes at all.

Yeah you're right.

When Wood scored that goal at Burnley last year I thought yeah - he should be on the left wing that lad - got all the attributes for it because he scored a goal from that position one time despite actually having none of the appropriate attributes at all.

Let me tell you why you're a tool.

Firstly, Wood's goal was not the result of wing-play, but rather centre-forward play that happened on the left side of the pitch. The fact that you can't see the difference makes you a 'bit of a tool'.

Secondly, you've ignored the fact that my posts involve playing a player out of position in a single game to cover an injury crisis. This is just being obtuse. This makes you a 'right tool'.

Fourthly, Schlupp has in fact scored 3 times this season from positions in the middle of the pitch. So the Liverpool goal was not an isolated incident like Wood's strike was. This makes you an 'uber tool' for not even knowing what other contribution Schlupp has made this season (from the centre of the pitch). That's more than Nugent and Vardy combined from open play. That's more than anyone apart from Ulloa in fact.

Finally and most importantly. You could have said that Schiemal's header against Yeovil last season made you think that we should play him up front. This would have been a good, sarcastic and wry remark which makes your point far better than the weak analogy with Wood's goal. I might have even given you a rep point for that one myself. Big chance missed sunshine. This makes you a spanner.

End.

Firstly, Wood's goal was not the result of wing-play, but rather centre-forward play that happened on the left side of the pitch. The fact that you can't see the difference makes you a 'bit of a tool'.

Secondly, you've ignored the fact that my posts involve playing a player out of position in a single game to cover an injury crisis. This is just being obtuse. This makes you a 'right tool'.

Fourthly, Schlupp has in fact scored 3 times this season from positions in the middle of the pitch. So the Liverpool goal was not an isolated incident like Wood's strike was. This makes you an 'uber tool' for not even knowing what other contribution Schlupp has made this season (from the centre of the pitch). That's more than Nugent and Vardy combined from open play. That's more than anyone apart from Ulloa in fact.

Finally and most importantly. You could have said that Schiemal's header against Yeovil last season made you think that we should play him up front. This would have been a good, sarcastic and wry remark which makes your point far better than the weak analogy with Wood's goal. I might have even given you a rep point for that one myself. Big chance missed sunshine. This makes you a spanner.

End.

I don't think you're in the best position to be pointing fingers at anybody given that I was replying to the worst suggestion I think I've ever seen on here, and that is some achievement given that back in 2008 there was a vocal minority who wanted Steve Walsh (not the transfer one) as manager.

Secondly, you've ignored the fact that my posts involve playing a player out of position in a single game to cover an injury crisis. This is just being obtuse. This makes you a 'right tool'.

Finally and most importantly. You could have said that Schiemal's header against Yeovil last season made you think that we should play him up front. This would have been a good, sarcastic and wry remark which makes your point far better than the weak analogy with Wood's goal. I might have even given you a rep point for that one myself. Big chance missed sunshine. This makes you a spanner.

End.

Schlupp may have scored three from central positions, but that doesn't make him in any way suited for the CM role - one was from a cross, the other from a corner and then liverpool. Coming in off the wing when a cross comes in, and taking up an instructed position from a corner, is not any evidence that they can play as a CM. The problem Schlupp has is he doesn't have close control - he's a kick and rush footballer. Which is ok on the wings, but not in the centre of midfield.

Schlupp may have scored three from central positions, but that doesn't make him in any way suited for the CM role - one was from a cross, the other from a corner and then liverpool. Coming in off the wing when a cross comes in, and taking up an instructed position from a corner, is not any evidence that they can play as a CM. The problem Schlupp has is he doesn't have close control - he's a kick and rush footballer. Which is ok on the wings, but not in the centre of midfield.

Doh!

Can't fault your comedy timing though Doc.

When people suggest playing players in centre mid who aren't centre mids have clearly never played football lol lol baffles me. It's not simple to suddenly gain the intelligence of a new position.

Missed a treat with this thread. Jeff in centre mid, hilarious.

Christ on a bike.

Playing a left-midfielder as the attacking midfielder in a 4-5-1, for a single game against Stoke, to cover an injury crisis really isn't that hilarious, fellas. Especially when he's scored more goals than two of your first team attackers put together.

Is Saturday night Internet Access night at one of Leicester's retard homes? Pop and crisps and an hours parental-controlled access to Foxestalk. Followed by a episode of Mrs Brown's Boys before bedtime. Hilarious.

I was a CF and a manager used to put me at RM thinking

I would be good, I was shite and I know I was there coS it's not position I hated being put there, if you are not in a comfortable position on the pitch you struggle, I loved being on the left side of the box so I could curl it around the keeper with my right foot, so being on the right side did me no favours

Christ on a bike.

Playing a left-midfielder as the attacking midfielder in a 4-5-1, for a single game against Stoke, to cover an injury crisis really isn't that hilarious, fellas. Especially when he's scored more goals than two of your first team attackers put together.

Is Saturday night Internet Access night at one of Leicester's retard homes? Pop and crisps and an hours parental-controlled access to Foxestalk. Followed by a episode of Mrs Brown's Boys before bedtime. Hilarious.

Jeff in the middle lol

Archived