Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

Well it took his compatriots Modric, Kranjcar, and Eduardo about 4-5 months to settle into the pace and physicality of the prem. Lovren is still not up to it after 18 months. They all came in the summer window and were good to go around the Xmas period, and that's really pretty accurate. I remember Eduardo struggling and then getting a brace against Everton during the festive season and then kicking on a bit until seriously injured, and Modric took a long time to settle. Unfortunately if it goes to form like every other Croat who's come from that league he will be in great form around late April and then really hitting his stride in May. Ok, I'm joking a bit, but those are the general rules based on other good players coming from the same league. He was 2 inches away from scoring on debut and outdoing Eduardo by 4 months, and I thought Eduardo was the best export we'd had in a decade. If this is how he's started straight off the bat running into gaps and having a couple of great chances then I am very hopeful he might be the fastest to adapt of all Croats, and my predictions of him being potentially our best striker might just be reality. Really looking forward to the Man U game now, but we do need to be a bit patient with him. That said, he needs a goal next game to fire him up even more

To be honest, that performance would have been criticised if it had have been Nugent.

Did look quite lively though and some good movement. Mahrez looked really lightweight in his first few games but has toughened up a bit now I think.

I do agree with this.

Loved his run for the schlupp cross. He was at least a yard infront of rose. As soon as jeff went wide he was off like a whippet!

Similarly, as soon as DD picked up the ball he was off. Seems to be quicker of mind than our other strikers? He won't get bullied at OT next week. He should be relsihng the chance to play there, as should all our players. Shame for MJ.

What does lightweight actually mean?,Mahrez is apparently lightweight but does ok,Sanchez is lightweight yet he is the dogs bollocks,the guy from Stoke Bojan,he is the best player they have ever had according to there fans.

I don't get it?

It is not a criticism, just a factor in his play, he isn't going to bully defenders like Ulloa and create chances with his strength. The concern is if he is going toe to toe with a defender he will be easily shrugged off the ball, but the flip side is he has the pace and skill to get away from the defender so won't be going toe to toe very often.

Obviously I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen him play a lot.

He does look like he could be an exciting player for us though. Going on yesterday his movement and anticipation are great. He's also a much more skilful player than I thought he would be. I liked how he seemed much quicker when he was on the ball than off it. Shame he didn't put that one away earlier in the game like he has been in Croatia all season.

My mate who went to the game told me he loses the ball too much trying to run at players but looked good positionally.

I'd say the latter of those is the most important which is a good sign. If he can instinctively get into the right position, showing the characteristics of a striker then the chances are he will likely get goals. We can iron out the issue of running at players and loosing the ball, as we had to with Knockaert to a certain extent when he arrived, and that may be due to changing to a new league. However, if it was the other way round it would arguably be harder to develop a good positional sense in a new league. Not getting carried away but Kramaric has had a positive start.

I'd say the latter of those is the most important which is a good sign. If he can instinctively get into the right position, showing the characteristics of a striker then the chances are he will likely get goals. We can iron out the issue of running at players and loosing the ball, as we had to with Knockaert to a certain extent when he arrived, and that may be due to changing to a new league. However, if it was the other way round it would arguably be harder to develop a good positional sense in a new league. Not getting carried away but Kramaric has had a positive start.

Good post

I agree

We've spent a relatively modest amount on a highly promising,young Croatian international.

Some folk it seems, where expecting a Ronaldo/Drogba hybrid.

We need to give him time and encouragement.

He's not the Messiah, now piss off

Fvck that. If he doesnt score soon, 'Number 40, Andrej Kramaric'

'BOOOOOOO'

Being lightweight is different from being just being skinny. Mahrez has learnt how to use his body, balance and agility to get away with it. Messi has a massive advantage because of his low centre of gravity.

I think it comes down to experience. I'm hardly the biggest lad and I play with some right lumps, yet I smash everybody of the ball. But that only came to me at 22/23. Before that I was hopeless in a 50/50 battle!

If people think he needs to bulk up then just give him time. He'll get fitter here and will get used to the league which should hopefully counter any issues.

Archived