Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

Inside Football: Nerveless Andrej Kramaric struggles with one word – ‘relegation’. It’s a hopeful sign

By Mercury_Sport  |  Posted: January 27, 2015

By Rob Tanner

9387726-large.jpg

Andrej Kramaric against Tottenham's Andros Townsend

Comments (0)

The weight of expectation on the young shoulders of Leicester City’s new signing Andrej Kramaric is huge.

The 23-year-old has been City’s big January arrival and with that comes lots of pressure.

There is the £7million price tag, rising to more than £9m, that City paid his former club in the belief he is the man who will fire them to Premier League safety.

There is also the fact that with just 16 games remaining and City still bottom of the table, Kramaric knows there will be no bedding-in period.

City are expecting an immediate return on their investment.

Add to that he has moved to a new country and, while his English is very good, it takes time to adjust to new surroundings and a new culture.

Kramaric is not the first young player to face such pressure but he believes he has the strength of character to cope.

Having watched how he dealt with the intense spotlight on his first official media day last week, it looks as though it is going to take a lot to unnerve him.

Kramaric comes across as calm and measured, and confident in his own ability.

There is no entourage, just Kramaric himself as he goes from interview to interview, dealing with questions in both Croatian and English.

The only nervousness on display comes when he is being interviewed by Sky and he questions the standard of his own English, but the only word he struggles with when sat with me is ‘relegation’. Hopefully, that is a good sign.

“I know that the club has invested a lot of money in me and I have to confess I do feel there is a little pressure,” he said softly.

“But I don’t want that to be pressure because I want to be relaxed on the pitch and do my best. 

“That is the only way when I have fun on the pitch and be relaxed. In that time I can make the best decisions.

“I know about the pressure but I believe I have a good character and I hope I can do my best here.

“So far it has been beautiful, something new, but now the hard work starts and I enjoy that. I will be happy when I score for the first time.”

It is certainly a baptism of fire for Kramaric. He made his full debut last Saturday at Tottenham and was controversially booked for diving when he appeared to have been tripped by Spurs keeper Michel Vorm.

He was also denied his first City goal by a stunning reflex save by the Dutch keeper.

Next up is a run of six games, starting against Manchester United on Saturday, which will see City face some of the toughest tests in the Premier League.

Not surprisingly, it is not a daunting prospect for Kramaric and he has an unwavering belief that City will survive and stay in the Premier League.

After all, he turned down Chelsea to join City because he felt they presented a better opportunity to play in the English top flight.

“I believe we will not go back to the Championship,” he said. “I will do everything for the team and the club to stay in the Premier League.

“We have a lot of chances to do it. There is along way to go. I am confident we can do it. 

“I know we have to face the biggest teams in the next six matches. It will be a difficult time but we have to be together to try to play our best and get some points on the board. 

“Probably the fight will go all the way to the end of the season. 

“We know it is only three points to safety. That is only one win but we know we have some tough games coming up. 

“I am told they are called bonus games. I hope we can pick up some points and that we will be safe.

“I am not worried about that word, what is it, relegation?”

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Inside-Football/story-25929019-detail/story.html?#ixzz3Q2Nj3xks 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

"What word is relegation?" has got "weak people feel pressure" written all over it

lol

Suppose the difference is one of them was signed by someone who cares about the character of a player they sign, the other was signed by Sven.

Let's face it was a 'meh' debut marred by (once those blue tinted glasses have been taken off) what was probably the miss of the season so far. 2 yards out and not to score that was criminal and the keeper shouldn't have had a save to make. Bit surprising really for someone who comes with such a strike rate.

Early days but we are going to need more than him to save this season.

Let's face it was a 'meh' debut marred by (once those blue tinted glasses have been taken off) what was probably the miss of the season so far. 2 yards out and not to score that was criminal and the keeper shouldn't have had a save to make. Bit surprising really for someone who comes with such a strike rate.

We have had a few misses of the season and that isnt that bad. Vorm made a great save.

We've had Cambiasso missing that open goal, Wes Morgan vs Spurs about 10cms from the goal and the ball hit his arse. Nugent's two vs Villa.

We have had a few misses of the season and that isnt that bad. Vorm made a great save.

We've had Cambiasso missing that open goal, Wes Morgan vs Spurs about 10cms from the goal and the ball hit his arse. Nugent's two vs Villa.

Which one? lol

I remember Liverpool and that one against Swansea too.

Yeah, I think we should sort out to boo en masse on 40 minutes against Palace. Let him know what we all think.

Nugents 2 was more like 4 or 5 !!

This lad kramaric will score goals for us if his runs on Saturday are anything to go by his vision was superb at times and only for a few cracking saves by Vorm he didn't open his Leicester account,but I can see him scoring some very important goals for us and I'm hoping it starts at old Trafford what a place to score you're first premier league goal !

Wow. You really know your stuff. :rolleyes:

Miss of the season? Is that a joke? I can think of at least 6-7 which were practically scorable by a todler.

Meh debut? So he didn't get much ball time but what do you expect with a team with the creative/passing abuility of a squid? When Mahrez is back and Cambiasso is playing we will see a different player, one which actually gets service to do his job properly.

Early days but we are going to need more than that out of him? You are right, he has never played in the premier league before and you are being a twat about his performances after 100 minutes? God knows what you must think of the rest of the team after 100 hours.

Have people on this forum learnt nothing? Do people expect us to be gifted a place in the prem next year? Are people still dumb enough to assume that a good striker = a ton of goals? There is a reason there's 10 other players on the pitch.

Don't be a clown, have a bit of faith in the lad.

Bore off you boring bore face

Wow. You really know your stuff. :rolleyes:

Miss of the season? Is that a joke? I can think of at least 6-7 which were practically scorable by a todler.

Meh debut? So he didn't get much ball time but what do you expect with a team with the creative/passing abuility of a squid? When Mahrez is back and Cambiasso is playing we will see a different player, one which actually gets service to do his job properly.

Early days but we are going to need more than that out of him? You are right, he has never played in the premier league before and you are being a twat about his performances after 100 minutes? God knows what you must think of the rest of the team after 100 hours.

Have people on this forum learnt nothing? Do people expect us to be gifted a place in the prem next year? Are people still dumb enough to assume that a good striker = a ton of goals? There is a reason there's 10 other players on the pitch.

Don't be a clown, have a bit of faith in the lad.

If you are going to quote me and throw your toys out of your pram at least quote what I actually said!!

I do agree with Mahrez and Cambiasso firing then he should get better service. Oh and I think a even a 'todler' (sic) as you put it would have scored that sitter as well.

If you are going to quote me and throw your toys out of your pram at least quote what I actually said!!

I do agree with Mahrez and Cambiasso firing then he should get better service. Oh and I think a even a 'todler' (sic) as you put it would have scored that sitter as well.

It wasn't a sitter though - 9 times out of ten that goes in the way it was struck, it was a frankly incredible reaction save from Vorm.

Yeah he probably should have scored phildw, though he hit it perfectly with his wrong foot and the keeper made a great reaction save. What he actually did do well was run into that channel and get there ahead of the defence in the first place. So there were positives, but he did miss a sitter that a toddler would have scored. Yep, after 90 minutes of football he's pretty much a write off

By the way, just out of interest are you a big fan of the club? I notice you're still reserve team with a whopping 266 posts after 4 plus years on the site. Big football fan eh

Archived