Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Waslewski

How many elbows has Wasyl even thrown while here? The only ones that i can remember was on Vaughan and Kermorgant last season and Berahino charging face first into an outstretched arm.

Didn't he just jump into Lloris or Begovic recently? He's been extremely lucky not to have been sent off thus far, let's not kid ourselves... Didn't he also have some altercation with Soldado today (remember Stringer and Elliott commenting on it)?

I'll give you a scenario. We're 1-2 up away at old Trafford next week with just 5 minutes to go. We've made all of our substitutions. Rooney has been a complete menace all day and run was and Wes ragid but been unlucky not to score. Suddenly Rooney is picked out by a great ball from Blind and wasyl in his infinite wisdom swings an arm in to Rooneys face and gets a straight red as he is the last man. The subsequent free kick is then converted, 2-2. Two minutes to go and Rvp makes it 3-2 despite the best efforts of our lads, being down to 10 has cost us a huge 3 points. Yes it would have been a bonus game but once you're 5 minutes from victory its sickening to end up losing and it's all down to another stupid elbow from wasyl. You know it could definitely happen. I suppose you'll say the fact that we were in it to win it was down to wasyl in the first place..

And you could equally give a scenario where with Liam Moore in the side, we're playing a crucial game against a relegation rival away from home and have just taken the lead. The opponents are on a poor run of form and have trouble scoring. Yet within a matter of minutes of taking the lead, Liam loses his man entirely at a free kick and allows him a free header to pull the game back to 1-1 and we go on to lose 2-1.

Except that is less of a scenario and more what actually happened at Villa away. Care to point out where Wasyl has actually been sent off for us costing us points?

I'll give you a scenario. We're 1-2 up away at old Trafford next week with just 5 minutes to go. We've made all of our substitutions. Rooney has been a complete menace all day and run was and Wes ragid but been unlucky not to score. Suddenly Rooney is picked out by a great ball from Blind and wasyl in his infinite wisdom swings an arm in to Rooneys face and gets a straight red as he is the last man. The subsequent free kick is then converted, 2-2. Two minutes to go and Rvp makes it 3-2 despite the best efforts of our lads, being down to 10 has cost us a huge 3 points. Yes it would have been a bonus game but once you're 5 minutes from victory its sickening to end up losing and it's all down to another stupid elbow from wasyl. You know it could definitely happen. I suppose you'll say the fact that we were in it to win it was down to wasyl in the first place..

Nice scenario, only it's completely unrealistic. I've just checked his stats as I wasn't sure and the last straight red was also his only straight red earned in Jupiler League. So of course the scenario you created might happen, but what are the odds? I repeat Liam and Wes (whom I fully respect, by the way) got us in much more trouble than Wasyl. So why do you have a problem with Wasyl...? :dunno:

Didn't he just jump into Lloris or Begovic recently? He's been extremely lucky not to have been sent off thus far, let's not kid ourselves... Didn't he also have some altercation with Soldado today (remember Stringer and Elliott commenting on it)?

Weel, Soldado wanted to have an altercation with Wasyl. But maaaaaan, it ain't easy to provoke Marcin. He might as well to try provoke a rock.

It's quite simple. With WesWas, we are disciplined in holding a rigid backline, often a high line and count the offsides  we've achieved in recent times. With Wes\Moore, we do not have the same experience and Moore drops whilst Wes holds the line. Big Issue - You then leave yourself exposed by allowing the forward to press into your box with a central defender now out of position having tried to hold the line.

It's no coincidence that when we have played with WesMoore, Liam has played strikers onside who have gone on to score with Wes trying to recover and either failing or rushing towards his own goal (never good) to clear or score an OG.

Liam will become a great defender but he lacks the experience needed in the relegation scrap we are in and tracks the ball too much rather than trusting in holding the line. 

There's nothing in these supposed red cards. Berahino embarrassed himself by complaining, when he ran into the back of him. Players use their arms and hands to block and hold off all over the park, it's a common tactic and I don't see why people have imagined its a problem with Was. His lack of red cards show he isn't a violent player, hard as **** yes, but not violent.

I get what a lot of you are saying about him not getting sent off often. But some of that must be luck. Luck runs out, that's all I'm saying. My brother is a wasyl fan, been having this debate with him for a year or so now. He divides opinions although I think the majority want him to play.

I get what a lot of you are saying about him not getting sent off often. But some of that must be luck. Luck runs out, that's all I'm saying. My brother is a wasyl fan, been having this debate with him for a year or so now. He divides opinions although I think the majority want him to play.

There comes a point that luck runs out IF you are constantly breaking the rules and getting away with it. . It hasn't yet and that's probably because he has so much experience, he KNOWS what he can get away with and what he can't and hence no luck involved. There will be times when he loses his rag and gets a card but that happens to everyone. Used to happen to me far too often :-) The fact it doesn't with Was indicates that he is generally in control and we shouldn't worry. He will get sent off one day but that is something that happens to all CBs from time to time

If anyone is a liability in our back 4 it's not Wasilewski. How many red cards do Morgan and Konchesky wanna rack up before people start having a pop at the real liabilities?

No more for Konch. He's shit but we are agreed on that.

I'm fairly sure that this has been discussed before but I just want to get up to date opinions.

The guy winds me up. He got booked today for an arm in the face of a Spurs player. I could tell from my position that he hadn't used his elbow and wasn't being aggressive, but its just such a weird postion for a CB to have his arms in. Wasyl does this so regularly, its going to cost us big time one day, i can't believe it hasn't in the past. I get that he's a decent defender and that with him in the team we have stopped conceding lots of goals, but, his flailing arms will cost us. What do the majority think? Is he a big risk....or a nailed on starter?

Best centre half at the club. Stop criticising him for hypothetical punishments, shoulda, woulda, coulda - but more importantly - didn't (and, to add, never has).

Put your tampon back in.

Luck?  lol

Jesus H Christ.

Konch sent off

Morgan sent off

Moore sent off

city fans peeing in their pants like you...way off

Wasi player of the season , guy who gives an arm n leg , one could say.

Our Marcin a lovely and friendly man, just wants to hug everyone, and tries his hardest to shake hands, even during the game.

I agree on Wasilewski, he's been my favourite player for a good year or so (my favourite, I should add, is not necessarily who I believe to be our most effective player), but it's a shame to see some of the criticism of Moore. Look at those average ratings given by us game in, game out. Over the course of the season, even if we were to give Was an 8 today and Moore a 4, it's Liam who has the higher rating so far (6.2 to Was's 6.1). Don't read too much into that, I know, but it's a reminder that there's more to him, and has been already this season, that what we saw today.

He was one of many players who looked poor at the beginning of our slide, but actually didn't feature for the bulk of it, and did well when he came in against Newcastle. He's a young lad, a great prospect and he was playing with an injury today. As with Schlupp before, we'd do ourselves a favour if we'd got behind him.

Archived