Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Waslewski

I get what a lot of you are saying about him not getting sent off often. But some of that must be luck. Luck runs out, that's all I'm saying. My brother is a wasyl fan, been having this debate with him for a year or so now. He divides opinions although I think the majority want him to play.

"Divides opinions"?  I love this phrase.  We used to hear this constantly about NFL QB Tim Tebow.  He's the most 'polarising' player ever.  In our case,this was just lazy journalists (they are no better in the US than yours).  No, its fans who have pointless rows that have divided opinions.  It's not the player's doing.  Players are usually all about performing in the best way they know how, unless they are just in it for money or are discipline problems.    

If there is a Leicester player who is clearly and simply 'who he is', its Was. Nothing divisive there.

Our best defender this season by a considerable distance.

Liam Moore is a decent prospect but he isn't at Wasyl's level yet. For all the shit Wasilewski gets (I've been wary in the past) how many times has he been sent off or conceded a penalty? Or been directly at fault for a goal? Hardly any.

It's probably not.

(To add, I rate Moore as a prospect - but your post is wrong)

Well, it isn't.

The match-day ratings that we give are then given an after-game average of all of the ratings. If you take all of Moore's for this season they come to 6.2, and Was's come to 6.1. Now I don't personally think Moore's been better than Wasilewski, not at all, but our own fans clearly have thought this, even if they're forgetting so at the moment because he made a mistake, while playing with an injury.

That's just a statement of fact, whether we agree with those ratings is another matter.

Either way, he hasn't done badly overall, for a young player.

I'll give you a scenario. We're 1-2 up away at old Trafford next week with just 5 minutes to go. We've made all of our substitutions. Rooney has been a complete menace all day and run was and Wes ragid but been unlucky not to score. Suddenly Rooney is picked out by a great ball from Blind and wasyl in his infinite wisdom swings an arm in to Rooneys face and gets a straight red as he is the last man. The subsequent free kick is then converted, 2-2. Two minutes to go and Rvp makes it 3-2 despite the best efforts of our lads, being down to 10 has cost us a huge 3 points. Yes it would have been a bonus game but once you're 5 minutes from victory its sickening to end up losing and it's all down to another stupid elbow from wasyl. You know it could definitely happen. I suppose you'll say the fact that we were in it to win it was down to wasyl in the first place..

Dear god

My family rave about Moore, precisely because he is a youth product.

They think Wasyl is a donkey, slow and a liability. I sent them the 'fastest player' stat from a few weeks ago. No comment.

Moore might be great one day. But Was is great now. Play him every game. I've never bought the walking red card rubbish. He's a pro.

Marcin has stepped up to his task majestically. He is one of the team who has focused on the task of being a premier league player and cracked it.

He certainly has an unorthodox style when it comes to flailing limbs but he would be my first name on the team sheet if I was the gaffer.

He isn't the best centre back in the PL by any stretch but he has taken this opportunity by the scruff of the neck and is making a fist of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This again!

He's not yet cost us and has been our best, most consistent defender this season by far.

Whereas both Morgan and Moore have made costly errors in games.

Morgan sending off against Liverpool, and his positioning for Tottenham's goal in the league at home.

Liam Moore penalty yesterday (didn't cost us in the end) and Villa away.

Like others have said, he is the first defender on the team sheet and is in the running for player of the season up to now.

Don't know what some of you youngsters would have made of Walshy and his discipline record, one of the best defenders of all time was Franco Baresi, seemed to have a knack of going unpunished time and time again committing numerous fouls often got awarded free kicks when i thought he was doing the fouling.

Was he lucky or did he read the game well, cannot remember him being fast yet never seemed to get beaten for pace or if the ball got passed him the man didn't. Not particularly tall but never remember him being dominated in the air nor big but never seemed to be bullied by centre forwards. Just a class act

Can I remind everyone that the FA look at all elbows, kicks, headbuttts etc. that are not punished by the referee on the pitch and can lay charges after the game.

As far as I know there was only the WBA game this happened and they decided no case to answer.

This throws out the luck arguement. And shows he whilst physical and strong, plays within the laws of the game.

Some people are too soft, remember contact is still allowed in the game.

Considering he's meant to 'divide opinion' i can only see one poster on this thread who is on one side of the fence while everyone else is on the other.

got that right  :thumbup:

Love him - the man is immense and seemingly a complete team player.  There are plenty on here that often bemoan the fact that we don't have a 'nasty' player.....i suspect though that most of us who do love him also wince every few games  :D

Most centre backs are at risk of being sent off for one reason or another. Was is at risk for reasons why City fans filled pint glasses with jizz over Steve Walsh for years.

It isnt an issue.

Absolutely right and our hero Walshy holds the record for most red cards in the whole of the football league with 13!!

We've been saying for 18 months now that he'll cost us sometime. Still yet to happen.

Pretty much this - he's got no history of costing teams with his admittedly agricultural play. He's a solid and reliable defender, first name down in the defence for me.

This is a strange topic, Was is simply a professional footballer who knows the game inside out and uses his power and knowhow to his advantage.

Having been brought up watching Sjoberg and Cross, he is not that aggressive IMO. I know the game has changed, but Was plays to his strengths, doesn't try and be fancy and is a very good defender. Nobody criticised Walshy and Taggert back in the 90's when they did leave stud marks in the opposition.

Be nice if Was could add a couple of goals to his game, but first and foremost his job is too cancel out the oppositions attacking options, which he does as well as anyone else in the team.

My first choice defender at the moment.

By far our best defender. A team player and one who gives 100% every single game. Sure, he is a bit aggressive at times but if Soldado hadn't fallen over so easily it wouldn't have been an issue. Was barely touched him and it was a ridiculous yellow card.

I think the whole Leicester boy thing bumps up some people's opinions of Moore somewhat. Moore is certainly a great prospect but he lacks the experience of Was and it has been shown up massively this year in the Premier League. Hopefully Liam can learn a thing or two from Wasyl and he might become the Premier League player we are all hoping he can be.

Archived