Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Manchester United Away - Pre-Match Thread

Putting the Cup aside, at least until tomorrow evening, we've got a big game coming up. Who's going?

No reason we can't get a result with a good defensive display. We will get chances and we will have to take them. They really aren't all that.

What we can't afford to do is make it easy and comfortable for them like we did Stoke. We have to be positive and get in their faces. Even a point would give us a significant boost.

Hoping Albrighton gets a start. De Laet at LB again? Maybe play Vardy just on the off-chance their back 5 still have nightmares about him? Hamer back in, or Schwarzer?

Thinking an extra CM (Cambiasso) might be an idea but that means one of Krammy or Ulloa will have to come off the bench.

I'd go:

Hamer

Simpson

Morgan

Wasilewski

De Laet

Hammond

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Kramaric

Schlupp

Ulloa

Putting the Cup aside, at least until tomorrow evening, we've got a big game coming up. Who's going?

No reason we can't get a result with a good defensive display. We will get chances and we will have to take them. They really aren't all that.

What we can't afford to do is make it easy and comfortable for them like we did Stoke. We have to be positive and get in their faces. Even a point would give us a significant boost.

Hoping Albrighton gets a start. De Laet at LB again? Maybe play Vardy just on the off-chance their back 5 still have nightmares about him? Hamer back in, or Schwarzer?

Thinking an extra CM (Cambiasso) might be an idea but that means one of Krammy or Ulloa will have to come off the bench.

I'd go:

Hamer

Simpson

Morgan

Wasilewski

De Laet

Hammond

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Kramaric

Schlupp

Ulloa

Agreed on the most part, though maybe I'd go with Kingy over Drinkwater... Release Vards on them in the last half hour, surely they still have nightmares about him!! lol

Can't wait. First visit to Old Trafford since 2005 when I saw England there.

I agree they are not really all that, it's just that fact it's Manchester United with the size, heritage and history. Bit like Liverpool. Nowadays, and currently, playing them isn't as scary as it once was. Having said that we have to make sure we take our chances though because they still have quality in certain positions.

I'd go about the same too:

Hamer

Simpson -- Morgan -- Wasyl -- De Laet

Albrighton -- Hammond -- Drinkwater -- Schlupp

Ulloa 

Kramaric

They'll be bang up for this and if we're not careful, it has the potential to be our first pasting of the season. Our new found defensive solidity will be tested for sure.

On the other hand, even a point would set us up very nicely for the visit of Palace Palace.

Hamer

Simpson     Wasyl       Morgan     RDL

Cambiasso    Drinkwater

Albrighton   Kramaric    Schlupp

Ulloa

Schwarzer, Nugent, Konchesky, Hammond, Vardy, King, James

Guest LCFC_World

Hamer

Simpson

Wasilewski

Morgan

RDL

Albrighton

Hammond

Cambiasso

Schlupp

Ulloa

Kramaric

would like to see Nugent involved. 

Hamer with the same back 4 that finished V Spurs, need Hammond, Cambiasso & Drinkwater in the middle, Albrighton & Schlupp with Kramaric the lone striker... 2.0 win for City....

I agree with that but I think Schwarzer will get the nod over Hamer, he had an excellent game against Spurs. Very solid debut.

Good performance is what's needed.

We could play as well as we can and still lose, but a tonking would be horriffic.

United will probably want vengeance so good concentration at the back is key. They aren't really in the best form to be fair. A result is possible.

They'll be bang up for this and if we're not careful, it has the potential to be our first pasting of the season. Our new found defensive solidity will be tested for sure.

On the other hand, even a point would set us up very nicely for the visit of Palace Palace.

We've yet to put in a bad performance against a big team all season and I don't think we'll start now.

They've got that replay in the week which could work in our favour

Hamer

Simpson          Wes                    Was                      De Laet

Hammond              Cambiasso

Albrighton                                                                            Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

Id be delighted to get anything from the game. Not only will they want revenge for us having their pants down, they are coming into it on the back of an embarrassment of a display against the mighty Cambridge. If you add their league position into it and the fact that they are at home then you can soon see that they have several reasons to be well up for this game.

Anything at all would be such a bonus going into the Palace game...

Wouldn't be surprised to see Nugent and Konchesky come back in.

Maybe nugent behind Kramaric, Ulloa is currently our biggest (only) goal threat but not sure pearson likes him away from home where will play on the counter attack.

Cambiasso for king, unless Hammond is fit.

Albrighton and Schlupp on the wings.

Archived