Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Manchester United Away - Pre-Match Thread

Schwarzer (although I wouldn't complain having Hamer)

Simpson

Wasyl

Morgan

De Laet

Albrighton

James

Hammond

Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

I went for James and Hammond in the centre as we will not be playing with the ball in large periods and, in my opinion, they are more solid defensively which could allow slightly more freedom to those in front.

I hope Van Gaal continues with the 3-5-2 as we could exploit the space out wide.

Schwarzer (although I wouldn't complain having Hamer)

Simpson

Wasyl

Morgan

De Laet

Albrighton

James

Hammond

Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

I went for James and Hammond in the centre as we will not be playing with the ball in large periods and, in my opinion, they are more solid defensively which could allow slightly more freedom to those in front.

I hope Van Gaal continues with the 3-5-2 as we could exploit the space out wide.

Isnt James still suspended? Sure he still has 1 more match

Going for a 2-2 here. I'll be in Manchester for my brother's stag do this weekend so hoping to find a decent place that serves decent beer as we couldn't get tickets. Any Manchester foxes doing the same? Ideally a good man city pub and get them all on our side before they play chelsea.

Plenty of pace in our side and we have a chance. We've surely got to go with 3 centre mids too:

Hamer

Simpson

Wasilewski

Morgan

De Laet

Hammond

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

Shame Matty James isn't available. For me he's our strongest central midfielder

Anything positive at all from this match would be a massive bonus.

Be very surprised if it was 0-0 but delighted. They will be very motivated to win this and I fear they will. If we can avoid losing by more than 2  goals then at least our goal difference won't be too badly affected.

We have a truly awful record there over the years and I'm afraid I can't really see that changing.

Back four and up top surely must be the same from Spurs. Likewise Schlupp's form dictates he's one of the first names on the team sheet nowadays. Biggest issues are deciding on Hamer or Schwarzer in goal (I wouldn't mind either way) and getting the central midfield combination right. I think he'll start:

Hamer

Simpson, Wasilewski, Morgan, De Laet

Knockaert, Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Schlupp

Ulloa, Kramaric

Their defence is still vulnerable so we should attack as we did in the reverse fixture! CM partnership of Drinkwater, who will probably pumped for playing United which should spur him on to his best game, and Cambiasso to control and dictate our play, again like the reverse fixture. If Hammond is fit, throwing him in would be good to add some aggression to our midfield too. If they can give Ulloa and Kramaric some service I'm confident we now have two strikers who get into good positions and can finish the chances that come their way. Any points from Old Trafford would be great but a win is far from beyond the realms of possibility. 

I'd go for Schwarzer, distribution and experience is key in this one I think. Probably harsh on Hamer, and I probably expect him to be back in.

We need Schlupp and Albrighton for me too, we've got to be direct when we're attacking.

Drinkwater and Cambiasso in midfield - or I'd even go Hammond & Cambiasso and then just let the the front 4 (with Krama behind Ulloa) get forward with those 2 holding.

Hamer

Simpson

Wes

Was

De Laet

Hammond

Cambiasso

Albrighton

Kramaric

Schlupp

Ulloa

Subs: Schwarzer, Konchesky, Moore (if fit), Drinkwater, King, Vardy, Nugent

Hoping for this. Perhaps swap the keepers, but otherwise this is our best lineup with James and mahrez out.

Speaking of mahrez, if Algeria go out after their next match, will he be back in time for this? I doubt he'd be fit enough to stay given the extra fixture he's played and the travelling, but he could be okay to sit on the bench as another option?

Given his performance against them earlier this year I just can't not play Vardy.

Hamer

Simpson

Wes

Was

RDL

Hammond

Cambiasso

Schulpp

Vardy

Kramaric

Ulloa

Archived