Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Manchester United Away - Pre-Match Thread

Can't see us playing 4-4-2 at old Trafford they'll pass us off the park.

Schwarzer - for his experience to calm the defence

Simpson

Was

Wes

Konch

Cambiasso

Hammond/James

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Schlupp

Kramaric

With the exception of Mahrez coming back - that's the team to keep to play for the rest of the season (with kramaric and ulloa alternating) - our best players in their positions.

Schwarzer

Simpson

Wasyl

Morgan

Konchesky

Albrighton

Cambiasso

Hammond

Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, De Laet, Drinkwater, King, Knockaert, Nugent, Vardy

Schwarzer

Simpson

Wasyl

Morgan

Konchesky

Albrighton

Cambiasso

Hammond

Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

did krama play behind ulloa at spurs or was he alongside him? 

probs take that team, i'm literally not arsed about centre mid though, we've tried so many different combinations as a two and the fact we've not settled on one shows how crap pretty much all of them have been. hammond + one seems our best bet without james. 

Would love it if we stuffed them,

but we have not got mark clattenburg pulling for us this time,

cannot see us letting in less than three goals to be honest,

have given up guessing nigels  starting eleven,

hope all you optimists are correct, but cannot see it myself.

Schwarzer

Simpson

Wasyl

Morgan

Konchesky

Albrighton

Cambiasso

Hammond

Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

I sincerely hope we don't play a central midfield of just two, with Cambiasso as one of them. I can't believe that's what you'd actually want to see. We'd get over-run, for fun I think.

If we play a 4-4-1-1, we need energy in the central midfield area. If James and Hammond are both fit, they'd be my pairing.

I sincerely hope we don't play a central midfield of just two, with Cambiasso as one of them. I can't believe that's what you'd actually want to see. We'd get over-run, for fun I think.

If we play a 4-4-1-1, we need energy in the central midfield area. If James and Hammond are both fit, they'd be my pairing.

James is still out for another match isn't he?

How often did we play a "2" in central midfield with Cambiasso where Nugent or a Nugent equivalent were in the side?

James is suspended. King and Drinkwater are in wretched form.

The Hammond and Cambiasso midfield is exactly what I am waiting for. Defence minded in Hammond with 'energy' and quality outlet in Cambiasso. Your objection to Cambiasso has always been defensively (tracking back); this pairing goes some way to nullifying your concern (which I still am not convinced by) through the inclusion of the defence-minded Hammond.

How often did we play a "2" in central midfield with Cambiasso where Nugent or a Nugent equivalent were in the side?

James is suspended. King and Drinkwater are in wretched form.

How on earth 'wretched form' can equate to beating Spurs, at their place, in a game where we equalled the opposition in almost every department, I really don't know?

Wretched form, for me, was the terrible run we went on a couple of months back, where Cambiasso played nearly every game.

Again, I don't get your argument at all.

How on earth 'wretched form' can equate to beating Spurs, at their place, in a game where we equalled the opposition in almost every department, I really don't know?

Wretched form, for me, was the terrible run we went on a couple of months back, where Cambiasso played nearly every game.

Again, I don't get your argument at all.

"King and Drinkwater are in wretched form". This may surprise you but it's possible for players to be playing well whilst the team is playing poorly and vice versa. You're right, we did equal the opposition in almost every department. ALMOST every department and it doesn't take a genius to work out where we didn't match them.

Did you watch the game on Saturday? Did you heck and yet you still have the gumption to try to pick holes in something that is pretty universally acknowledged by anyone who watched the game judging by the player ratings threads (from those published so far King is rated at 4.2 and Drinkwater 4.0 for Spurs, hot on the heels of Stoke when King got 4.11 and Drinkwater 4.4).

I'm a big fan of King (much less so Drinkwater, albeit I acknowledge he is the better player when both are at their best) but neither is playing at all well at the moment. This would appear to be the consensus given the ratings. Quite why you have used it, yet again, to have a pop at a pretty uncontroversial comment I'm not sure.

The Premier League has released its list of referees for week 23 of matches and the headline news is that Martin Atkinson has been chosen to referee the game between Manchester United and Leicester City at Old Trafford.

During the reverse fixture between the sides Mark Clattenburg was heavily criticised by some for his performance, in particular his decision to award a penalty for a collision between Rafael and Jamie Vardy, seconds after the striker had appeared to barge the defender off the ball.

Clattenburg was also criticised for the decision to send off United youngster Tyler Blackett.

Clattenburg has arguably become the perceived scapegoat for a number of poor decisions this season by a host of referees as he has had to serve a number of weeks in the lower leagues of football.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/confirmed-referee-appointments-for-week-23-with-martin-atkinson-in-charge-of-manchester-united/284757#OSRYweIMW8csxZLp.99

We've yet to put in a bad performance against a big team all season and I don't think we'll start now.

They've got that replay in the week which could work in our favour

Hamer

Simpson Wes Was De Laet

Hammond Cambiasso

Albrighton Schlupp

Kramaric

Ulloa

What he said plus I like the look of that starting 11!

For this one I think it has to be something like this (with Upson on the bench after playing a full 90 mins for the U21s):

Hamer

Simpson
Wes
Was
RDL

Albrighton
Hammond
Drinky
Schlupp

Krama

Ulloa

Bench: Schwarzer, Upson, Konch, Cambiasso, Knockaert, Vardy, Nuge

Maybe bring Vardy on for the last 20 to terrorise their defence and remind them of why they hated him so much in the first match!

FWIW I'm going for a 2-2 result on this one.

It's stat time

There have been just five goals in the last four Premier League games involving Man Utd.

Leicester have won just one of their last nine Barclays Premier League away matches (W1 D1 L7).

Juan Mata has scored five goals from just seven shots on target in the league this season.

The Foxes had netted just one goal in their previous eight Premier League matches against Manchester United before their 5-3 win earlier this season.

Only Chelsea (19% have scored with a higher percentage of their shots than Man Utd (17%)

Leicester became only the 6th team to score 5+ goals vs Man Utd in a PL game (+ Newcastle, Southampton, Chelsea, Man City and WBA).

Archived