Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Torten

Could Jeff be our Gareth? (ish)

Remember when we though Drinkwater would tear the Prem apart and get an England call up?

Difference is Schlupp is showing that he CAN tear the Prem apart to a degree. 

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

I'll have whatever the OP is drinking

Tesco Value Cola

Disgusting stuff mate I wouldn't recommend it but it's all I have atm

Remember when we though Drinkwater would tear the Prem apart and get an England call up?

Except that's a terrible comparison because Drinkwater was playing well in the Championship whereas Schlupp's playing much better than he's ever done before and in the Premiership

Blimey...Jeff has a few good games and gets some consistency going and now we are comparing him to the start Bale made at Spurs. Give me strength.

Lets remember that Schlupp started as a forward....it's obvious his pace was a big factor in him getting to the level he is at and yes I agree he has found some excellent form recently.

However, let's also remember that this is the same player who can forget he is on the pitch some days...

Schlupp was tried at LB and let's be honest, he didn't really become dependable in that position. It makes sense to play him further forward as that is what he has been used to for his entire youth career. Whilst he has learnt to play on the left, I really don't think he has the quality to set the league alight.

It does make me smile how some fans can't see the realism in our team and our potential. We are at the bottom of the league as we lack 'quality players' - if we carry on making comparisons like this, Pearson won't need to touch the transfer market as we'll be in the Champions League by the time Schlupp hits 26! 

Wasn't bale almost sold to forest for £4m? I remember Harry Kane being dross for us and Ramsey looking bang average at Forest.

Players develop at different times, happy that Schlupp is showing his potential. He won't be sold for €100m any time soon though!

Bale always had natural technical ability and then developed his athletic ability which made him the player he is today.

Our Jeff has athletic ability in abundance and with his pace he'll always be a threat but the lack of technical ability, composure and final product will always be his downfall.

Hopefully this will improve with age & experience

Except that's a terrible comparison because Drinkwater was playing well in the Championship whereas Schlupp's playing much better than he's ever done before and in the Premiership

My point is that form is temporary. Once he sustains over a period longer than 5/6 games then we can make these comparisons

Blimey...Jeff has a few good games and gets some consistency going and now we are comparing him to the start Bale made at Spurs. Give me strength.

Lets remember that Schlupp started as a forward....it's obvious his pace was a big factor in him getting to the level he is at and yes I agree he has found some excellent form recently.

However, let's also remember that this is the same player who can forget he is on the pitch some days...

Schlupp was tried at LB and let's be honest, he didn't really become dependable in that position. It makes sense to play him further forward as that is what he has been used to for his entire youth career. Whilst he has learnt to play on the left, I really don't think he has the quality to set the league alight.

It does make me smile how some fans can't see the realism in our team and our potential. We are at the bottom of the league as we lack 'quality players' - if we carry on making comparisons like this, Pearson won't need to touch the transfer market as we'll be in the Champions League by the time Schlupp hits 26! 

While I agree that current comparisons to Bale are hyperbolic, he's certainly not the reason why the team at the bottom of the league (see the 2nd half of the Stoke match when Schlupp was subbed). The back four has been serviceable but we're really lacking quality in the center of the pitch.

Jeff's a baller, and I'm excited to watch him develop before our eyes. He definitely belongs in this league.

I think you are all getting a bit carried away to be honest,although Jeff has played well in the last few game he still can't shot.He started life as a striker and looked lost every time he had the ball and skyied it every time he had a shot.Move to left back(Fergie recommend this on trial) and he looked decent due to his strength and pace.This always made me think that he would be best suited as a winger,since he has become a winger I think he looks good but again he just runs with the ball if he had a bit more intelligence and thought about the pass/cross I feel that he would be much better.He does remind me of walcott/young basically just runs with the ball with no real threat as he doesn't know where he is going.Overall he's performed well but like mahrez who is to greedy for my liking if he had real quality about him then we wouldn't be propping the league up!

In terms of potentially 'coming good' you can definitely see the similarities to be fair to the OP. The fact he's decent defensively and going forward is a massive bonus for us / him and is probably the reason he's been given a fair crack at it this season. Also helps he clearly wants to play for the club given his work rate every game and also his interview post Spurs on Saturday where he alluded to 'getting emotional' with the fans when he scored.

Still has a lot to improve on but he is a very useful player.

He needs to cut out the silly things like shocking crosses which go out of play and shots that nearly clear the stands. A bit more composure and better decision making and he can be very effective at this level.

I think you are all getting a bit carried away to be honest,although Jeff has played well in the last few game he still can't shot.He started life as a striker and looked lost every time he had the ball and skyied it every time he had a shot.Move to left back(Fergie recommend this on trial) and he looked decent due to his strength and pace.This always made me think that he would be best suited as a winger,since he has become a winger I think he looks good but again he just runs with the ball if he had a bit more intelligence and thought about the pass/cross I feel that he would be much better.He does remind me of walcott/young basically just runs with the ball with no real threat as he doesn't know where he is going.Overall he's performed well but like mahrez who is to greedy for my liking if he had real quality about him then we wouldn't be propping the league up!

The move to left back happened way before the man Utd trial, so nothing to do with Fergie.

That sums it up nicely. 

Archived