Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Fighting between ourselves

Oh no you don't.

Go on then I flew in from Milan for Walshys testimonial and often have to change travel plans to get to a game, over the last 20 years I'd be seriously surprised if you had travelled further to go to our games (I've missed about 15 games in all that time). You aren't debating, you are writing long boring essays about nothing.

I live and work in southern Europe, and have for nine years (except for two in central Europe). I get a few extended breaks a year and go to every game home and away, and during the rest of the year I would say I make about 40% of games by not working Friday. Before that I went to almost every game for 15 years.

I've never booed, though I respect the right of those who do, and have only ever wanted three managers gone (Pleat, Taylor, Holloway). I sing myself hoarse when I go. I'd say I'm a reasonable fan, even if I do think some people are getting a bit too passionate in their love for our current boss.

I live and work in southern Europe, and have for nine years. I get a few extended breaks a year and go to every game home and away, and during the rest of the year I would say I make about 40% of games by not working Friday. Before that I went to almost every game for 15 years.

You're Marco Polo then!

In a moment of seriousness quite why so much ire is being aimed at a chap who is attempting to be reasonable is amazing and dispiriting in equal measure.

I live and work in southern Europe, and have for nine years (except for two in central Europe). I get a few extended breaks a year and go to every game home and away, and during the rest of the year I would say I make about 40% of games by not working Friday. Before that I went to almost every game for 15 years.

I've never booed, though I respect the right of those who do, and have only ever wanted three managers gone (Pleat, Taylor, Holloway). I sing myself hoarse when I go. I'd say I'm a reasonable fan, even if I do think some people are getting a bit too passionate in their love for our current boss.

I never wanted Pearson back but I've gained respect for the bloke over the last few seasons and can't see a better options now, certainly can't see why fans are fighting each other about it.

Christ reading this thread is embarrassing. Imagine having so little enjoyment in your life that you turn up on a Saturday and have a rumble with your fellow fans because you don't agree with their opinion. Supporting a football team is a hobby, so why people get so irate about it is beyond me.

A 'hobby' for 'plastics'

Crikey!

What a sad bunch of fans the internet has given us!

Surely the filbert st years were better than these wankers that we have now!

No one gave a shit how far you had traveled 20 plus years ago!

Spot on mate give me filbert street any day of the week and the fans.

I've read a few of the comments in the thread and I can see both sides of this argument but I am firmly of the belief we should all be united as a fan base.

Irrespective of our views on the manager, team selection, atmosphere etc - we ALL support Leicester City and for me that should be the only thing that matters.

We all love our club and want us to do well, so we have more chance of that happening if we all pull in the same direction.

I have registered here specially in order to post this.

I am the passer by # 1 to whom Fleckney Mike referred. I was not aware that we were acquainted but he obviously recognises me. Mike is pretty well bang on in his witness account, but there are a couple of assumptions which need to be dispelled.

Upon exit I was implored by the young daughter of the ‘face’ mentioned by snootyfox, to deflect his attention toward her. As I arrived at his side, he was embroiled in argument with a group of youngsters. What has not been reported here however is that it was the younger ones who had begun hostilities by taking exception to his anti-Pearson stance, laying into him verbally and questioning his loyalty to a team which he has followed religiously, including throughout the dark days when faint hearts weren’t on the menu and when travelling away it was necessary to be able to look after oneself. Also, again known only to a select few in the immediate vicinity, the most vociferous of this band of brothers was repeatedly gesturing and saying ‘outside then’ to said ‘face’. I leant over to tell him in the firmest way that he was out of order, out of his league and to make his way out which is when the pushing and shoving started.

Seeing this development, passer-by #2 - ‘old, fat & bald’ as he has rudely been tagged (actually he is a licensed doorman) thought I was under attack and there being a complete dearth of stewards or OB, moved to my aid. Instead of this proving a calming influence, it precipitated a rush down the stairs by about half a dozen others to join in, with the inevitable consequences that such action brings. There had not been, nor would have been any exchange of pugilism without that downward charge.

At this, match security and OB finally turned up and as I began to make my way to the exit, none other than the aforementioned youngster offered me a handshake saying ‘We’re all Leicester together, aren’t we?’ I took up his offer but told him in no uncertain terms that he must hold himself responsible for the melee. I learned later that he made exactly the same gesture with exactly the same statement when the ‘face’ caught up with him on the concourse.

So, it appears that snooty fox’s observation of the behaviour of some of our fans, ridiculed elsewhere in this thread, is not too wide of the mark.

Young innocents being bullied by old ‘uns? I think not. More a case of the Pearson love-in crew attempting to deny others the freedom of speech they demand for themselves.

BLUE ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is one of the saddest reads I've had in a while. InckleyFox's bizarre defence of fickleness is tragic enough without all this talk of fighting.

I wasn't there yesterday but if I had been I would have been singing 'One NP' at the end, because I personally think he's the best man for the job, will turn it round and I love him for the memories he's given me. That won't change because we've lost at Manchester United (6 wins in 57 there so he's in good company). I personally want him to know he has my support (along with many others). I may also attempt to outshout any 'Pearson Out!' chants as is my right, because I personally believe it's important that the Manager still feels he has our support. I wouldn't be shouting it directly in anyone's face but I would certainly be making my own feelings known.

I don't consider singing up for the Manager (or any players) an attempt to antagonise anyone - whether they are 'a face' or not I couldn't give one - but fortunately for the Manager some of us have memories that lasts longer than 90 minutes.

I've been called a cvnt the week after West Ham for singing 'PK is a blue' after he made a good challenge. 'Why you singing his name, you cvnt?' was the embarrassing retort at Hull. I didn't deem it necessary to have a direct row so I ignored it and sang it louder.

I can't believe I'm reading all this in effect, because we lost at Manchester United. I mean Christ. Real shock that one. And before anyone pipes up with 'it's because we're bottom of the league' - how come it didn't happen at Spurs then? Yes NP makes mistakes, as do most other managers, but it is a fact that there is a certain demographic within our fanbase who have hated him since day 1 and will continue to do so even if he won the Cup. I don't consider NP bigger than the club but considering we are in a lot better financial state and league position than we were when he took over (on both occasions), I think it's worth giving him the chance to learn from his mistakes rather than tearing the whole strategy up and starting again with a new manager forced to harbour his players until the summer.

I am the passer by # 1 to whom Fleckney Mike referred. I was not aware that we were acquainted but he obviously recognises me. Mike is pretty well bang on in his witness account, but there are a couple of assumptions which need to be dispelled.

Upon exit I was implored by the young daughter of the ‘face’ mentioned by snootyfox, to deflect his attention toward her. As I arrived at his side, he was embroiled in argument with a group of youngsters. What has not been reported here however is that it was the younger ones who had begun hostilities by taking exception to his anti-Pearson stance, laying into him verbally and questioning his loyalty to a team which he has followed religiously, including throughout the dark days when faint hearts weren’t on the menu and when travelling away it was necessary to be able to look after oneself. Also, again known only to a select few in the immediate vicinity, the most vociferous of this band of brothers was repeatedly gesturing and saying ‘outside then’ to said ‘face’. I leant over to tell him in the firmest way that he was out of order, out of his league and to make his way out which is when the pushing and shoving started.

Seeing this development, passer-by #2 - ‘old, fat & bald’ as he has rudely been tagged (actually he is a licensed doorman) thought I was under attack and there being a complete dearth of stewards or OB, moved to my aid. Instead of this proving a calming influence, it precipitated a rush down the stairs by about half a dozen others to join in, with the inevitable consequences that such action brings. There had not been, nor would have been any exchange of pugilism without that downward charge.

At this, match security and OB finally turned up and as I began to make my way to the exit, none other than the aforementioned youngster offered me a handshake saying ‘We’re all Leicester together, aren’t we?’ I took up his offer but told him in no uncertain terms that he must hold himself responsible for the melee. I learned later that he made exactly the same gesture with exactly the same statement when the ‘face’ caught up with him on the concourse.

So, it appears that snooty fox’s observation of the behaviour of some of our fans, ridiculed elsewhere in this thread, is not too wide of the mark.

Young innocents being bullied by old ‘uns? I think not. More a case of the Pearson love-in crew attempting to deny others the freedom of speech they demand for themselves.

BLUE ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good account mate. There's a few younguns on here who don't like me and will therefore rubbish anything I post and question whether I go to the matches or not, nice to be backed up by an accurate post.

End of the day it's the young UFS lot that started the swearing/threats to the 'face'. Maybe they wouldn't have if they knew his nickname ;-)

End of the day it's the young UFS lot that started the swearing/threats to the 'face'. Maybe they wouldn't have if they knew his nickname ;-)

Can you explain why you think it was one of the 'Union FS lot' when there are several accounts in this thread stating that they had nothing to do with it?

A 'hobby' for 'plastics'

Must make me a plastic then for wanting to go and enjoy the game on a Saturday. Of course when we lose I feel down for the rest of the day, and perhaps Sunday. But I would never get so angry with anything at a football match (other than racism etc) that made me want to fight with my own fellow fans. For some people I genuinely believe supporting their football club is a chance to let out all their anger about their life/job and think it's acceptable. If we win then enjoy it, if we lose the so be it, we have abother game the week after to put it right.

I'm not saying it is him,but this wreaks of a blue moon post in another name.

Archived