Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hejammy

Ulloa

Today I thought he was very poor, his passing, his first touch, his constant need to flick any high ball on to no-one. At the start of the season he was exciting, however now he seems to have lost his enthusiasm. He lacks any pace, however he made that up earlier in the season with some clever positioning and play. A player can't turn crap over night so just what is going on in that dressing room. Thought nugent was far better than him today. Perhaps Kramaric and Nugent deserve a chance to start? Give Ulloa a rest that he seems to need at the moment.

9 goals in a team at the bottom of the table suggests otherwise.

I agree, I think he is good enough and he proved that in earlier games. Perhaps he is a 'confidence' player (as most of our players seem to be) I just don't know where his enthusiasm has disappeared to. He has given up way to easily over the last few games

2 in 18 since the Man U home game. And today wasn't a one off, he's looked useless for a long time now.

Yeah, probably because he's been playing alone for most of those games. As well as being dropped and coming on for 20 odd minutes.

Yeah, probably because he's been playing alone for most of those games. As well as being dropped and coming on for 20 odd minutes.

Today he certainly wasn't playing alone and had the entire game? Still poor, I really do believe that there's something else bothering our players. All the teams who have recently managers are doing slightly better. Did we need a fresh approach? Too late now?

Thought Ulloa wasn't bad first half, he was getting completely mauled by the Palace defence yet still at times managed to hold them off, and lay it off into Nugent & the midfielders. Second half though I agree he was poor, looked sluggish & the ball kept bouncing away from him.

However I still believe we should play him, he is our top scorer, in terms of strikers who can hold the ball up he is our best bet. We go with Kramaric, Nugent or Vardy up front say, if the going gets tough & we struggle to break teams down, yet again we will just lump the ball up, will Kramaric, Nugent or Vardy win headers against 6ft5 defenders probably not, will Ulloa maybe not but he has more of a chance than the other three. 

Play to his strengths and the goals will come.

He's a goalscorer, has good games and bad games at this level like most of our squad and most players in the bottom half, reality is he's playing his first season in the PL and has scored close to 10 goals which many would have taken thinking back to threads at the start of the season. 

He's a terrific finisher but his all round game is seriously lacking. Not particularly mobile, doesn't win a huge amount in the air, toss of a coin job as to whether he'll control it well or lose possession.

Ulloa is the best target man we've had in years. Our top goal scorer and arguably our best player this season. Yet he gets hate.

lol best player, he's scored a few goals at the start of the season and you've got to give him credit for that. His performances on the whole of been below average throughout the entire season and his early goals have dried up.

This not a Vardy or or a Nugent we are talking about here this is a player we bought in to score the goals to keep us up for a very hefty fee, a fee that could of got us much, much better.

lol best player, he's scored a few goals at the start of the season and you've got to give him credit for that. His performances on the whole of been below average throughout the entire season and his early goals have dried up.

This not a Vardy or or a Nugent we are talking about here this is a player we bought in to score the goals to keep us up for a very hefty fee, a fee that could of got us much, much better.

He still has scored a fair few goals, but the service to him has been terrible. Even at the start of the season, he was feeding on scraps at times. that goal against stoke springs to mind, which he created himself

This just proves that Pearson can't win.

Fans moaned when he was left on the bench against Stoke and we started with Vardy and Nugent up front.

Now people want him dropped because of todays performance.

We need close to a miracle to stay up, and fans want our top goalscorer by a huge distance to be dropped.

Archived