Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

His ball control, vision, anticipation and passing more than makes up for his lack of speed.

In a classic 4-5-1, he's first choice at CM/CDM.

(Problem is, we don't have any real attacking midfielders, so our middle four tend to go flat)

And I agree, he should be made captain. At least for the remaining games this season.

I've been the 1st to criticise him the majority of this season but today he was different gravy, I just hope we carry on with this formation as we looked solid at the back and dangerous on the counter plus if it give cambiasso the freedom to play like he did today it's a must, motm for me

I think it's things like this that people forget when slating Pearson... he was integral in Cambi coming to City. The respect he shows to and receives from players* shouldn't be underestimated or undervalued, even those playing in another country who probably haven't seen a lot of Leicester games. If someone with the career and calibre of Cambiasso says the gaffer's pursuit and way he came across played a massive part in his decision, it did.

It's not all about short term results. It's about the full picture.

*apart from bellends

Guest seanfox778

His work in the build up to the goal was superb too, never gave up and he never panics.

That first time ball to Mahrez out wide in the first half was stunning (I think it was first time).

Just going to put this out there...

I think he's average. That's not me slating him or saying that I don't like him, I just don't think he does it often enough. Even last night in the first half there were times that he made simple errors.

Overall I think he's been a decent signing and he's certainly contributed to the season but, despite the fact at times he plays passes no one else in our team can, his overall impact on the game and the team is, at times not up to scratch.

I was in the Lineker Suite on Saturday (I wonder if Pearson will insist on changing the name to the Fountain of Knowledge Suite?) and he came in to collect his MOM award. He looked absolutely gutted to have lost and spoke at great length about the quality of the squad and how much a defeat like that hurts them. You can see how passionate he is about succeeding with us.

Someone knocked the table that the MOM award and a signed shirt were sitting on, breaking the award in half and smashing the frame. Cambiasso said it was symbolic of the day.

I'd love it if he stayed with us next season if we get relegated, but I can't see it unfortunately. He'll have plenty of offers.

Just going to put this out there...

I think he's average. That's not me slating him or saying that I don't like him, I just don't think he does it often enough. Even last night in the first half there were times that he made simple errors.

Overall I think he's been a decent signing and he's certainly contributed to the season but, despite the fact at times he plays passes no one else in our team can, his overall impact on the game and the team is, at times not up to scratch.

lol...i'd have been mullered for that..

That's why I prefixed my post with 'last night'..

Last night he was a class above. But he was pretty much an ever present in the run of getting what was it 3 points from a possible 42 or something?

And in these games he wasn't a class above. He was no worse than anyone else but didn't clearly stand out. As in a class above anyone else.

Football fans do seem to do this thing whereby players, on the back of a really good performance tend to over - inflate how a player has been throughout a season.

If the likes of Mahrez, Schlupp and Cambiasso had been consistently great, we wouldn't be where we are now.

In his pomp though, he must have been one Hell of a player.

Last night he was a class above. But he was pretty much an ever present in the run of getting what was it 3 points from a possible 42 or something?

And in these games he wasn't a class above. He was no worse than anyone else but didn't clearly stand out. As in a class above anyone else.

Football fans do seem to do this thing whereby players, on the back of a really good performance tend to over - inflate how a player has been throughout a season.

If the likes of Mahrez, Schlupp and Cambiasso had been consistently great, we wouldn't be where we are now.

Agree totally

That is not true Col. During that losing streak you could also see his class. The team played with him last night and the options were better. During the losing streak the problems were elsewhere - he worked tirelessly and his distribution was on another level even then and I said that then (I am not over-inflating on the basis of one performance).

That is not true Col. During that losing streak you could also see his class. The team played with him last night and the options were better. During the losing streak the problems were elsewhere - he worked tirelessly and his distribution was on another level even then and I said that then (I am not over-inflating on the basis of one performance).

Fair enough mate.

Personally I can recollect quite a few games where I can't think any of our players stood out if truth be told. Swansea away rings a bell, Liverpool at home, West Brom at home (though I'm unsure if Cambiasso played that one)?

All pretty much dire performances really and certainly No-one stood out IMO as being 'a class above'.

Cambissso has had some good solid games, but also some pretty poor ones I think?

I think people's expectation when ae signed him vis a vis what we've seen of him CONSISTENTLY are a little skewed.

I've said before, he seems a great bloke, a model pro and an asset to have around.

But has he week in, week out really been THAT good? I agree with Wharfer above.

Freemans Wharfer and Col City Fan, I have to disagree with you.

Yes football is all about different opinions but I really feel you have failed to recognise the class that Cambiasso clearly STILL has.

I am not judging my views on his performance last night (which appears to be what you are accusing some posters of).

I feel that I have seen enough, even in games where the overall team performance has been poor, to show that he is often a few steps ahead of others in the team.

Now you may argue that we don't get the best out of him because he is too good compared to others. I remember at school I played in the same team as Mick Duffy (went on to sign for City at the same time as Linekar). Duffy was so much better than the rest of us in the team, he got frustrated with us and yes at times we probably brought his game down.

As someone who has ran kids teams for the last 30 years where I try to get the Kidston be 'intelligent' footballers, I would certainly point to Cambiasso as s good example.

I am definitely pleased to be able to say I have seen a player of his class in a City shirt.

No surprise that once he's played in a formation there we can actually cover for his physical faults, we see just how good he is.

He's a fantastic player, a great example and a joy to watch. His attitude seems spot on for someone who's got no real need to be here.

Archived