Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Danny Simpson

Haha whatever happened to the posts when everyone was slagging RDL off and crying out for Simpson?

They are both not great defending but RDL offers the team a lot more.

Simpson loves a pointless foul/yellow card.

If we are playing 3 CB's from now on we need to be playing RDL, he supports Mahrez a lot more than Simpson.

Simpson is Konchesky

Steady, but offers nothing going forward

RDL was a key outlet and his pace often critical at defending counters

5 at the back = attacking fullbacks

RDL & a Schlupp in that position is a must where defensive responsibilities don't matter as much with 3 CBs

Simpson is Konchesky

Steady, but offers nothing going forward

RDL was a key outlet and his pace often critical at defending counters

5 at the back = attacking fullbacks

RDL & a Schlupp in that position is a must where defensive responsibilities don't matter as much with 3 CBs

Obvious in that formation. but not obvious where it counts

Remember when you were all calling for RDL to be dropped and him to play because he couldn't be any worse, despite RDL being OK most of the time (or at least no worse than the rest of the side)? Reap what you sow.

So you are saying that people on here are responsible for Pearson's choice. If as you infer, it is the case of Pearson being influenced by posters on here, then the sooner he goes, the better.

Give me bloody strength!   :frusty:

I have been saying this for months, all of you bought into the 'more solid defensively' bollocks. He isn't at all, anyone with skill and/or pace and he just back off into his own box. Can't pass the ball or get past the half way line either. Fvcking useless in almost every aspect of the game, yet Konch gets more stick every single week despite another decent display. Signing QPR's second choice right back shows very little ambition and I'm sure he was very low down the list of transfer targets.

So you are saying that people on here are responsible for Pearson's choice. If as you infer, it is the case of Pearson being influenced by posters on here, then the sooner he goes, the better.

Give me bloody strength! :frusty:

No, I'm saying that all those who called for him to come in because he couldn't be worse than de laet made their bed with that opinion - they should now lie in it. At no point did I say pearson picks what the fans want - you're reading into it too much to justify your shitbrained crap.

Konchesky is below average at this level but rarely costs us goals. Only the West Ham howler was really his fault, arguably counter balanced by a match winning strike against Villa.

Neither RDL or Simpson have been consistently good enough. I thought Simpson was solid at one point but he's either been found out or has lost form but the mistakes he makes are basic ones that I'd be annoyed to make at mates in the park level. At least RDL usually gets down the wing to offer another ball to Mahrez and his pace gets him out of jail sometimes. Simpson was dire today and I don't think he was even facing skilled opposition.

I thought for the first few games that Simpson came in that he was much more solid defensively then RDL, but didn't contribute as much going forward. However he's been rubbish for several games now and in a 5-man defence you need the fullbacks to support the attack, and he doesn't do that well enough.

It's easy to forget now that RDL was making basic errors every week, looking nervous and costing us goals, and a lot of people were calling for Simpson to come in, me included. Unfortunately I think the reality is that both are pretty rubbish at this level and it doesn't make much difference which one we're playing.

"I will only bring in players who are better than the one we have!"

NP Quoted several times this season....... Well Kramarich to one side...............

Simpson

Cambiasso

Schawtzer

None really live up to above quote!?

Cambiasso is quite clearly better than what we have. 

Schwarzer to be fair you would think he is. But he's having a bad start.

Simpson was to just give De Laet some competition. 

As for Huth and Upson. Most probably are best two CB's.

Cambiasso is quite clearly better than what we have. 

Schwarzer to be fair you would think he is. But he's having a bad start.

Simpson was to just give De Laet some competition. 

As for Huth and Upson. Most probably are best two CB's.

I know there is an election ....but get off the fence......

Cambiasso on his day is one of the best the prem..... But his day is one in 10 games .......no good

Centre backs wise...... We could all of said lat season..... That we needed at LEAST 1 other very good centre back, tall and fast ...never brought one!!

The other two lads

Simpson & Schwatzer are NOT better.... I love Nigel, but he is a little to full of his self... Needs to hold his hands up and work on errors of judgement he has made.......defending and pressurizing more at top end of pitch to releave pressure off our defense would also help ; ; )

Simpson is a bad professional footballer at this level. Every team we play has a better right back then us but he keeps playing. Offers nothing going forward and backs away defensively. RDL may make mistakes defensively but offers so much more the other way. Easy decision.

Agree

no better (so why buy him) in fact worse than Richie

Archived