Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Danny Simpson

Well, there is a reason that LCFC gained a creditable total last season of course, and my theory is (as unpopular on here as it may be) that NFP had a lot less to do with it than is commonly given credence. 

BLUE ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting that the good spells and good seasons tend to see the Pearsonhaters give lots of credit to his staff and the players but the bad spells of form and performance are almost solely down to Pearson exerting his negative influence.

Or could it be the case that he's had great times and bad times through making good and bad decisions? That he's an inconsistent manager?

I know that doesn't suit your agenda however.

is crap !

Kinnell! Another stray from the Oxford Debating Society breaks cover. I'm being overwhelmed by a veritable tsunami of highbrow literati & cognoscenti.

Can't believe Pearson was blasted as arrogant for sticking with De Laet for so long before playing Simpson, now he's showing arrogance by not dropping Simpson for De Laet????

Sums up this forum this season really. 

Go back to November and Danny Simpson was being lauded as our saviour before he had even played a game, simply because De Laet was a liability. Now Pearson is a moron for even thinking about playing him over De Laet. 

That same story could be applied to pretty much everyone in our team at one point or another this season. 

Hilariously fickle. 

Interesting that the good spells and good seasons tend to see the Pearsonhaters give lots of credit to his staff and the players but the bad spells of form and performance are almost solely down to Pearson exerting his negative influence.

Or could it be the case that he's had great times and bad times through making good and bad decisions? That he's an inconsistent manager?

I know that doesn't suit your agenda however.

I'm only talking about one 12-month period. A period when there was a distinguishable sea change in the way that football was played down at Filbo. Post victory over sad B'stard Utd, there was another distinguishable sea change; then a hiatus bringing 3 points from 12 games; then a heinous act of sheer pique, and since then a growing anxiety, turning to almost tangible insanity.

There was one common denominator between NFP's banishment to the stands and the act as described above. I'll leave the rest to you.

Sums up this forum this season really. 

Go back to November and Danny Simpson was being lauded as our saviour before he had even played a game, simply because De Laet was a liability. Now Pearson is a moron for even thinking about playing him over De Laet. 

That same story could be applied to pretty much everyone in our team at one point or another this season. 

Hilariously fickle. 

It's not fickle it is purely a product of polarised opinion on a forum with such a large active membership.

Form is mutable - a concept seemingly alien to Pearson - and the manger should select and drop players based on that. I never thought that Simpson was a particularly good buy from QPR and whist RDL's positional awareness has been called into question his speed, pace and willingness to take on players, ability to pass and actually bring the ball as opposed to the panicked Row X approach of Simpson is missed. I never lauded Simpson as a saviour in November but I did think Nige was a moron for dropping De Laet and blindly persisting with Danny for four months. 

It isn't thinly veiled - it's a full on entreaty. There are myriad water-tight grounds for demanding the exit of NFP, c/f tactical ineptitude; selectorially biased; believing that a side full of average Championship players could ever survive in the Prem; personality disorders; arriving in February with near on two thirds of the season gone, and still doesn't know his best XI; arrogance to shame Hitler - all crimes against football, and there's more. But the OP was re Simpson, so I thought I'd keep it relevant.

So why buy him to play amongst the elite in the Prem?

I get the impression you don't know what thinly veiled means. It means barely hidden - and your pearson out agenda was barely hidden.

1 and 2 you've got arguments for, but I'd argue the tactics have been ok - we've competed in every match, and been the architects of our own downfall with silly mistakes,

3 - how many thought that Drinkwater would make the step up? We all got it wrong this year.

4 - what personality disorders?

5. Eh?

6. He's hardly arrogant now is he? He's terse with the media, but that's always been the case and frankly I'm fine with that, the media are out to wreck teams because it creates headlines.

I'm only talking about one 12-month period. A period when there was a distinguishable sea change in the way that football was played down at Filbo. Post victory over sad B'stard Utd, there was another distinguishable sea change; then a hiatus bringing 3 points from 12 games; then a heinous act of sheer pique, and since then a growing anxiety, turning to almost tangible insanity.

There was one common denominator between NFP's banishment to the stands and the act as described above. I'll leave the rest to you.

Oh good, maybe he should go back to the stand and everything will be fine. But hang on, he needed to be on the touchline instead of sitting so far away.

Interestingly, given his supposed quality, why is Shakespeare never mentioned as a contender to take over should Pearson go?

Well that's about it I think.

We've been through just about the full set of players over the course of the season. I wondered how long it would be before,'Simpson is shite' was mooted.

Not too long then...

How many good performances in the last month can you name from him? It's not a knee jerk scapegoating to say he's been playing badly, he has, a bit like Cambiasso, oh no, wait...

How many good performances in the last month can you name from him? It's not a knee jerk scapegoating to say he's been playing badly, he has, a bit like Cambiasso, oh no, wait...

Nothing knee jerking about saying it about Cambiasso..I've said it pretty much all season.

This wasn't a dig at you buddy, just making the point that the season has been SO shite, that every single player, well almost, has now had a thread started about how rubbish they are. It's become a joke. Drop someone, bring someone in, they'll be a saviour, they must be better than... Etc.. And then a month later the reverse argument is made.

What a terrible season...

I wouldn't even say that RDL can't defend like many are, you can't underestimate the attacking prowess of fullbacks in this league, for many teams they are essentially wingers... The first game of the season Vs Everton was a prime example of this

RDL had Knockaert in front of him & Baines took the piss doubling up on RDL with their wide midfielder

It's not like Mahrez does much better, yes he tracks back and presses ok, but there's inevitably moments he's not interested given his attacking flair and fullbacks are exposed.... This is something Lloyd Dyer was excellent at

Anyway, we are where we are and I think we've lost elements to our attacking game by playing a Konchesky clone at RB than RDL... especially if we play 3 CBs

I wouldn't even say that RDL can't defend like many are, you can't underestimate the attacking prowess of fullbacks in this league, for many teams they are essentially wingers... The first game of the season Vs Everton was a prime example of this

RDL had Knockaert in front of him & Baines took the piss doubling up on RDL with their wide midfielder

It's not like Mahrez does much better, yes he tracks back and presses ok, but there's inevitably moments he's not interested given his attacking flair and fullbacks are exposed.... This is something Lloyd Dyer was excellent at

Anyway, we are where we are and I think we've lost elements to our attacking game by playing a Konchesky clone at RB than RDL... especially if we play 3 CBs

I agree with that.

Never understood the RDL hate. He was a very good attacking wing back. He had speed and he crossed the ball. With 3 CBs I certianly haven't understood why he's not in. Surely the primary aim for a full back with 3 CBs is to attack.

I get the impression you don't know what thinly veiled means. It means barely hidden - and your pearson out agenda was barely hidden.

1 and 2 you've got arguments for, but I'd argue the tactics have been ok - we've competed in every match, and been the architects of our own downfall with silly mistakes,

3 - how many thought that Drinkwater would make the step up? We all got it wrong this year.

4 - what personality disorders?

5. Eh?

6. He's hardly arrogant now is he? He's terse with the media, but that's always been the case and frankly I'm fine with that, the media are out to wreck teams because it creates headlines.

And I am positive that your comprehension of the English language hovers around remedial. You probably achieved a grade E GCSE and now think you're Charles Dickens. I was making a point, you oik! Far from veiling, thinly or otherwise, I was proclaiming large my antipathy toward NFP. Such grammatical nuances are called comparative gradients:

(I) have the impression; believe; am sure; am certain; am positive.

or,

opaque> concealed; disguised; thinly veiled <clear; blatant.

Do you get the idea now, thick lad?

Re points made:

1./2. And I'd argue that the tactics have ranged on a scale between non-existent and furry turd. 'we've competed in every match' yes, insofar as we haven't been slaughtered, but the team have been outfought and the manager out-thought all season, with a record of 4 wins in 25. '(We have) been the architects of our own downfall...' There's only one architect of our downfall, and that's the bloke who despite funds aplenty; support from the owners; top flight facilities in house & ground, failed miserably, abjectly and criminally to prepare and brief a Premiership side to definitively compete.

3. I was hopeful rather than optimistic regarding DD. He seems only capable of partnering Matty James, who wraps him up in cotton wool. They do have a telepathic understanding and bring out the best in each other. Added to which, other players are not willing to lavish James's level of attention on DD.

4. You seriously think that his treatment of the local press & radio, his behaviour in respect of FOAD or the attack on James McArthur which would have seen him disqualified from a UFC bout, and his stoic refusal to accept any blame for this season's dogshilo are the actions of a rational man? Jesus man, he's blamed you and me more often than he's taken responsibility himself!

5. LCFC have fielded the same starting XI exactly how many times in 30 games?

6. I haven't detected the slightest deferral to humilty, and that smirk says it all. So yes, he is just as arrogant as ever.

Hark where's all the 'Simpson needs to play...' Shouts now. Possibly our darkest hour when people were calling for Danny Dumpling to play.

Couldn't care less about the loss today, we aren't going to win the cup. No injuries is fine. Try and recreate last weeks form and move on.

You are saying that Nigel Pearson played/plays him because of some posters on FoxesTalk. "Our darkest hour"  

Keep taking the tablets.

I can only presume people have only been watching city for a couple of years to think he is one of the worst RBs we have had.

I mean, how to nullify your argument with one short sentence! lol

Not saying hes brilliant by any stretch of the imagination mind...

I can only presume people have only been watching city for a couple of years to think he is one of the worst RBs we have had.

I mean, how to nullify your argument with one short sentence! lol

Not saying hes brilliant by any stretch of the imagination mind...

He'd have been star player in our old team of right backs

Archived