Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Anyone else who thinks we'll stay up?

We'll stay up!

Was at the Emirates to see the 2-1 defeat. We can play well away from home and I think we may get more wins away from home in our remaining games.

Sunderland, Burnley, Everton and WBA are winnable. Man City and Spurs are capable of slipping up.  

Hopefully get some home points also!

Let the pessimists say what they want. We have more than a chance, even more so given todays results. The last 10 games are mostly against teams around us, and if we win the majority we will be safe. Obviously a tough ask, but I believe we can do it. If anyone actually watches our games, we have been playing okay, and hopefully we can turn performances into results.

After today 17th place is now on track to achieve just 32pts, which would mean survival with 33pts which is surely one of the lowest ever totals. The league is doing all it can to keep us in with a fighting chance and the fixture list looks kind.

The trouble is that after 25 games we are where we are because that's where we deserve to be. Relatively easy games are useless if you can't win them and most of the time we can't. Something serious needs to change and with the transfer window been and gone and Pearson still scratching around looking for his best team and formation, the signs of the kind of revival we need are, frankly, non-existent. If villa was anything to go by we're actually getting worse.

Win tomorrow and it might give us the lift we desperately need. Lose and it's curtains despite what the points difference might suggest.

5 points away with a game hand with our remaining fixtures really isn't that bad, Anything gained tomorrow is a big bonus thanks to results today, depends on how other fixtures go when we play Man City and we absloutley have to beat Hull.

The problem for me is just can't see us winning enough games, we put the performances in but don't get the results and the old clanger here, missed opportunity there, with a sprinkle of Pearson making some funny selections results in us dropping points nearly every week, that needs to change very fast if we are to stay up, Hull QPR and Burnley all have to be beaten and we need to pick up another 10-13 points from other sources and much as I think it's possible I can't see it happening for us.

Shailen did you watch the Villa game? Would love to share your optimism but we're down.

Yes I also watched the Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Sunderland and a few others where we dominated but were unable to get the points. I understand its a tough ask, but its not even near an impossible situation yet. Yes we were bad against Villa, especially second half, but they were equally as bad, as are some of the teams near the bottom of the table. I genuinely believe we are the best footballing side of the bottom eight, but we lack the clinical finishing to make our chances count. Maybe one of our players is about to go on a purple patch of scoring goals, because we need that 

Archived