Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

15 years since 2000 League Cup final.

Not sure if already covered but it deserves a mention, surely!?

15 years tomorrow since the League Cup final win against Tranmere Rovers.

Radio Leicester currently doing a special now. 6-7.

O'Neill has just been on, as has Taggart. Heskey on now. Lennon on later apparently as well as Impey and a few others. Elliott obviously in the studio.

_57133399_013459281-1.jpg

leicester-league-cup-matt-elliott-neil-l

Round 2, 1st leg: Crystal Palace 3–3 Leicester City

Round 2, 2nd leg: Leicester City 4–2 Crystal Palace

Round 3: Leicester City 2–0 Grimsby Town

Round 4: Leicester City 0–0 Leeds United (Leicester won 4–2 on penalties)

Quarter-final: Leicester City 3–3 Fulham (Leicester won 3–0 on penalties)

Semi-final, 1st leg: Aston Villa 0–0 Leicester City

Semi-final, 2nd leg: Leicester City 1–0 Aston Villa

What a team.

Every single one of them that was on Radio Leicester Special was an exceptional player.

Seems like yesterday but has made me strangely nostalgic.

I forgot how much I loved Martin O'Neil as well as Lennon, Muzzy, Emile, Marshall, Guppy, Taggart, Cottee, Walshy etc etc etc

I thought at the time that was the start of a Leicester Dynasty.

Just a shame we'd already won it after the semis. Walkover final devalued it a bit. Not as good as the '97 win.

Fair enough if we'd have coasted to a 3-0 but I'm sure most City fans were sweating when it went to 1-1.

I have vague memories of grown ups around me being excited about it but at that age (7) I had been to matches but wasn't really 'hooked' yet.

Fair enough if we'd have coasted to a 3-0 but I'm sure most City fans were sweating when it went to 1-1.

I have vague memories of grown ups around me being excited about it but at that age (7) I had been to matches but wasn't really 'hooked' yet.

I was 8 and there and I can remember not thinking at any point that there was even the slightest danger of us losing. We didn't even play well and still won fairly comfortably.

I was 8 and there and I can remember not thinking at any point that there was even the slightest danger of us losing. We didn't even play well and still won fairly comfortably.

being 8 would be your problem.

seen plenty of cup upsets to know that was never the case.

i would have been about 19 and was never comfy with it.

infact i was more convinced that we would win the boro replay when it was announced that our now oap was missing and ben roberts was in goal.

I Remember the bloke in front on me had a tattered old polyester scarf from the seventies tied round his wrist for luck. I Remember the Tranmere fans already having a banner for "we've only got ten men" and unveiling it after the sending off. I Remember Heskey demolshing the entire Tranmere defence. Brilliant day, especially considering the way we lost against Spurs the year before.

(Travel back 12 months and many on here thought the current squad were better than that cup winning side.)

Archived