Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'We're officially FFP compliant' - LCFC Financial Results 2013/14

QPR's accounts seem like total BS to me. I will have a read of them later in the week when they're available on companies house.

that article is pretty clear. cant see it being anything else. as i said yesterday, depends if the FL have the stomach for an expensive legal fight. i expect that they dont and will accept a deal. qpr have a choice. offer something now to try and get a settlement or wait a month or so to see if they are getting closer to relegation. the longer they leave it, the more one of the two sides will be holding a stronger hand.

Players would all come under "other football related income". Boxes wouldn't be a huge amount, my gaffer has one.

Who knows what it is, without seeing exact amounts it could be something or nothing like I said. It seems, lets just say a little bit of a coincidence that this company gets set up around the time of FFP getting approved, around the time he was rumoured to be doing the board to help with FFP, and suddenly we have a large deal with them, a company who seemingly don't do anything.

I'll leave it at that... it's clearly upsetting the sensitive souls on here that we potentially might be bending the rules a bit to comply. There is no evidence of anything untoward, perhaps it is just coincidence and he's made us millions. We'll probably never know.

Sounds to me like the club sold the rights to overseas marketing to this trestellar company. Probably an intentional move to funnel money in the right way for the purposes of FFP, but there's nothing wrong with doing that. FFP was always going to cause cat and mouse games of this kind.

Not having that we've lost more than QPR.

We were nigh on filling a 32k stadium with a much lower wage bill, plenty of television coverage, I suspect record breaking merchandise sales and we've still lost 10m more than QPR?!

Something isn't right.

Another nonsensical conspiracy theory.

Some people are born cynics. Accept the fact that you know sweet  f.a. with regard to QPR's financial state, regarding  their FFP., other than the facts available.

Another nonsensical conspiracy theory.

Some people are born cynics. Accept the fact that you know sweet f.a. with regard to QPR's financial state, regarding their FFP., other than the facts available.

Is it nonsensical to suggest QPR would incur bigger losses than is considering their wage budget, transfer dealings and their stature?

Guest ttfn

that article is pretty clear. cant see it being anything else. as i said yesterday, depends if the FL have the stomach for an expensive legal fight. i expect that they dont and will accept a deal. qpr have a choice. offer something now to try and get a settlement or wait a month or so to see if they are getting closer to relegation. the longer they leave it, the more one of the two sides will be holding a stronger hand.

If it is what the guy in that article thinks it is, the accounts won't have been signed off by the auditors.

When I see this looking at the main page looking at all the sub forums it comes up "we're officially F" I click on it expecting the title to be "we're officially fvcked"

Who has said they are crooks, or even intimated they are. BUT... how can you not raise an eyebrow about a couple of things.

A new multi-million pound marketing and licensing deal, signed with Sheffield-based agency Trestellar.

Turnover for Sponsorship, executive suites, advertising and other income up £11m on the previous season.

Board member of Trestellar up until about a month ago was Sir Dave Richards.

Sir Dave Richards was the man said to be joining us to help with FFP when the DOF rocked up.

Trestellar don't seem to have made any money since being incorporated (from the last accounts I saw).

Maybe Sir Dave has been using contacts to drum up business abroad, maybe he hasn't... maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing.

Not like you to comment on maybe's and speculation Babs. You're usually just about the facts.

Not like you to comment on maybe's and speculation Babs. You're usually just about the facts.

It's fine to comment on maybes and speculation as long as you're fully aware that's what they are. The problem many people have is using speculation and guess work as fact.

It's fine to comment on maybes and speculation as long as you're fully aware that's what they are. The problem many people have is using speculation and guess work as fact.

I take it that's a fact?  lol

I have to say I'm surprised at that post of yours as well. It appears the well oiled Bab's machine, has sprung a leak. 

Thus, you are human, after all. 

If it is what the guy in that article thinks it is, the accounts won't have been signed off by the auditors.

Nothing wrong legally to write off a loan used to clear a loss within the year but the FFP rules prevent it. An amount must be written back to reflect the write off. This is where it could get legally tricky which may dissuade the FL from taking QPR on. The accountants are fine to sign that off. They aren't the ones judging the FFP.

Guest ttfn

Nothing wrong legally to write off a loan used to clear a loss within the year but the FFP rules prevent it. An amount must be written back to reflect the write off. This is where it could get legally tricky which may dissuade the FL from taking QPR on. The accountants are fine to sign that off. They aren't the ones judging the FFP.

The accountants aren't fine to write the loan off as profit. Not without an incredibly good reason.

Pearson can't handle big financial losses.

Guest ttfn

I do love a good accountancy argument on here. It's like people arguing in a different language. One of them must be talking bollocks and I haven't got a clue which one. It's very relaxing for some reason. The words just become shapes.

Stalbans fox and I don't necessarily disagree. He/she is saying that they CAN write a loan off and call it profit and I am saying that yes, they can but it certainly shouldn't be getting through FFP (or if we're honest, an audit worth its salt).

only positive this season imo pearson out 

also i felt like i should contribute to this thread (no idea why) but like fez said about 3 lines in i was already lost and a bit bored sorry guys. keep it up though. 

Stalbans fox and I don't necessarily disagree. He/she is saying that they CAN write a loan off and call it profit and I am saying that yes, they can but it certainly shouldn't be getting through FFP (or if we're honest, an audit worth its salt).

Pretty, pretty shapes.

(or if we're honest, an audit worth its salt).

quite often in like the bit in the brackets makes the bit before it clearer but really these 9 words couldn't make any less sense to the slightly above average intelligence levelled fella like scousefox 

quite often in like the bit in the brackets makes the bit before it clearer but really these 9 words couldn't make any less sense to the slightly above average intelligence levelled fella like scousefox 

I think basically everything's going to be fine.

The Thais must have an ISA or something.

I think basically everything's going to be fine.

The Thais must have an ISA or something.

yeah hopefully they ain't getting charged a quid every time they go over their overdraft like us regular halifax customers 

The accountants aren't fine to write the loan off as profit. Not without an incredibly good reason.

in the grand scheme of 'stuff accountants have done over the years if offered a large enough fee', this ranks very very low!

They will have found a reason. The FL should tell qpr to 'do one'

My view is that this will become a game of poker and I think qpr have bigger bollox

in the grand scheme of 'stuff accountants have done over the years if offered a large enough fee', this ranks very very low!

They will have found a reason. The FL should tell qpr to 'do one'

My view is that this will become a game of poker and I think qpr have bigger bollox

QPR have a lot to lose.

Archived