Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'We're officially FFP compliant' - LCFC Financial Results 2013/14

The figures from the forbes rich list aren't to be relied on. They only go on publicly available information and information voluntarily given to them by people who want to get on the list. Their real net worth might have even gone down over the last few years for all forbes know.

So it's Bollox then lol 

But if it is and they have disclosed that and is a lie makes me even more concerned about them.

We havent heard the last of this? Interesting article in the guardian yesterday the football league are still examining our accounts and are looking into trestellar and Dave Richards. It don't bode well, I can't post a link to the article if someone could to put on here I would be grateful it's worth a read? Go on news now leicester city scroll down to guardian re ffp.

We havent heard the last of this? Interesting article in the guardian yesterday the football league are still examining our accounts and are looking into trestellar and Dave Richards. It don't bode well, I can't post a link to the article if someone could to put on here I would be grateful it's worth a read? Go on news now leicester city scroll down to guardian re ffp.

You'll find the link posted just a little bit further up this page.

Tricky thing to value though, marketing rights in the far East over five years.. Who knows how much our popularity could potentially soar over there in that time. I'm sure that kind of deal is worth a lot more than £10m for the big clubs. As long as the club can make a reasonable argument that the deal could have been worth what was paid, I can't see how anyone can say otherwise.

Especially as we gained promotion, that alone could be worth millions in marketing oportunities abroad.

It looks fishy, but realistically the league probably can't do much about.

"perhaps" and "could" being used a lot . the talks are ongoing . there's a reason for that . something is amiss , quite obviously ?  surely if we have tried to " fiddle "  FFP to pass and get caught , they will hammer us ? failing is bad enough !! lets just hope its ok ?

We'll be ok:

Football League Chairman - Greg Clarke

(ex LCFC chairman)

FA Chief Exec - Martin Glenn

(ex LCFC Director)

Ex - chairman of the FA Premier League, member of the Football Association (FA)'s Board, chairman of the FA's international committee, president of the European Professional Football Leagues organisation, chairman of UEFA's Professional Football Committe and

Ex Trestellar board member and father of the "owner" - Sir Dave Richards.

Ha.

Sadly, it seems our hierarchy are IGNORANT aswell!

but they're paid vast sums not to be.

Dont know what you're so worried about. The trestellar deal looks pretty watertight to me, but even if it's not, we get a fine, the owners pay it, things carry on as normal. No big deal.

Wow - I think some naivety abounds on here. pedantically, its the football league and not the FA. Even if it was allowed to stand (and there surely can be no way that it could - otherwise it opens the door for anyone to create shell companies to make abstract forward purchases of clubs assets), it would be independently valued for t/o purposes and 11 mill over 5 years for a newly promoted side looks excessive to me.

if it's no problem for the club to pay the fine, why get involved in this charade? Anyone responsible in our club would be able to see that this wouldn't be allowed to stand. If they couldn't, they bloody well shouldn't be there. forget those bemoaning the lack of PL managerial capability, the issue looks like we have a Sunday league standard executive management (exclude the owners ).

If this gets nodded through (and if it does, then qpr will be aswell), expect a big protest from some clubs in the championship. (Include burnley in that if they are relegated)

Wow - I think some naivety abounds on here. pedantically, its the football league and not the FA. Even if it was allowed to stand (and there surely can be no way that it could - otherwise it opens the door for anyone to create shell companies to make abstract forward purchases of clubs assets), it would be independently valued for t/o purposes and 11 mill over 5 years for a newly promoted side looks excessive to me.

if it's no problem for the club to pay the fine, why get involved in this charade? Anyone responsible in our club would be able to see that this wouldn't be allowed to stand. If they couldn't, they bloody well shouldn't be there. forget those bemoaning the lack of PL managerial capability, the issue looks like we have a Sunday league standard executive management (exclude the owners ).

If this gets nodded through (and if it does, then qpr will be aswell), expect a big protest from some clubs in the championship. (Include burnley in that if they are relegated)

£2m per year for far East marketing rights for an Asian-owned premier league club with ambitions of getting into Europe doesn't seem excessive to me.

You're talking as if it will obviously get rejected, I'm not so sure. The only comparables by which a valuation can be made will be other premier league clubs, and I'm sure they have similar deals in place.

As for why the club would get involved, obviously to avoid a fine. I doubt it took much effort to do the deal. Probably a couple of weeks work to potentially avoid a fine that could run into millions. Clearly something worth doing.

I hear you moose but surely the deal has to be legit (if not appear to be). Had they don't the deal via king power's own pr company in the Far East then I would have no problem with it. To do it with an outfit which hasn't even filed any accounts yet, doesn't have a website etc etc.

Besides, this selling of future assets has already proved to be a problem with other clubs in the uk re legality. If we were to be riding high this season, you could argue that 2mil, per season is too low! do you think there are renegotiation clauses in the contract? bet there aren't - tough to fit too much onto the back of a fag packet (now I'm being facetious )

Do the FA have the power to prove Trestellar aren't a legitimate business? They can obviously make a case for it but surely they can't actually prove anything.

I spoke to Ed Thompson about this , Its not what they prove ,they don't have to prove anything , its about lcfc showing that they have been transparent and completely honest with their accounts . anyone can smell a rat here . he was too professional to say lcfc had been "fiddling" but said there is an obvious difference of opinion !!!

Well good luck trying to get that to hold up in a court of law.

Football laws and proper legal stuff are often not the same

Of course we could challenge as Spurs did some decades ago and Bosman but generally this doesn't happen.

I had an idea re this whole apparent debacle last night

Need to check some dates before I wheel it out on here

Terry Robinson and Dave Richards are good mates aren't they?

Football laws and proper legal stuff are often not the same

I'm aware of that, but they can't just turn around and say "you owe us £10m" just because something looks a bit iffy or on a hunch. If the club produce relevant paperwork the league are in an awkward situation as they know without any proof a legal challenge would see them without any case against us.

Whilst it does look iffy, we just don't know and neither do they.

I'm aware of that, but they can't just turn around and say "you owe us £10m" just because something looks a bit iffy or on a hunch. If the club produce relevant paperwork the league are in an awkward situation as they know without any proof a legal challenge would see them without any case against us.

Whilst it does look iffy, we just don't know and neither do they.

If it really does look that bad they will just call in fraud squad.

Cooking the books is cooking the books for whatever reason.

If it really does look that bad they will just call in fraud squad.

Cooking the books is cooking the books for whatever reason.

If we've sold out rights and the paperwork correct for that there is nothing illegal in it.

If we've sold out rights and the paperwork correct for that there is nothing illegal in it.

I hope the Bill has been paid by trestellar, especially if there is vat in the invoice.

If the contract is watertight amd we have raised an invoice and been paid then, yes, will be difficult to do too much about it. I wonder what percentage of their 2014 t/o this will be! If the deal was done in 2014, they won't have to file accounts for that period until end sept

be interesting to know if the FL have the right to ask to see their management accounts. Suspect not.

You could be right on this babs but even if we get away with it in the short term, it could come back to bite us a bit later.

I hope the Bill has been paid by trestellar, especially if there is vat in the invoice.

Well I'm taking that for granted. Eg. We invoice them, Trestellar pay us, Trestellar invoice King Power or associated companies in Thailand, they pay Trestellar... OR it's all legit and they actually do own the rights and are flogging stuff for a profit over there.

Can you here that noise?

Think it is coming from each end of the A52.

Yeah it is       "Same old Leicester always cheating"

Considering Forest made a loss of £23m I'm not sure they are in a position to critisise. :D

Archived