Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueharmie

Goalline technology..

Don't think so.

But on the subject, when was the last time it was needed? Can't think of a single incident where it's been needed this season in the entire division, which is sods law after we've all had to install thousands of pounds worth of cameras.

Guest ttfn

Don't think so.

But on the subject, when was the last time it was needed? Can't think of a single incident where it's been needed this season in the entire division, which is sods law after we've all had to install thousands of pounds worth of cameras.

Wut

Don't think so.

about 5 minutes ago mate

Guest ttfn

the ball did/didn't cross the line and the technology was used to decide.

And unsurprisingly nobody can remember any others because the technology eliminated the debate at source.

I can't point to specifics but I reckon a genuinely close call is satisfactorily settled probably once a month with this new system.

In a low-scoring game like football, it's important that goals are correctly/incorrectly awarded, especially when it is a black-and-white decision.

Don't think so.

No number has been quoted for this season that I've seen myself but I have seen it used a few times including tonight

Last season (2013/14) it was used 19 times including 4 winning goals

It's going to be oh so fun next season when we have the £250,000 mechanism in place at our stadium but we won't be able to use it. Especially if there's an over-the-line debate, which you know will happen when we won't be allowed to utilise it.

teams outside the premier league are allowed to use the system if they have it installed but only in cup competitions

Archived