Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

3-year ban for City fan who threw smoke grenade

Serves the cnut right. Should have been a ten year ban.

Police mentality again d t, people do things they wish they hadn't, but get a criminal record for throwing a smoke bomb on the pitch, in celebration.

Only in this police state, and police in it, someone would want someone to get to 10 year ban, I'm so glad I've not been punished by someone like you for the mistakes I've made over the years.

We all do things in life we may regret, and everybody has something they regret.

I think they add to the atmosphere,don't agree with throwing them should just be dropped on floor,having said that I saw one dropped on the floor in the boozer at Villa and it proper f***ed some lads trainers!!

Second this.

However I do see how they could potentially cause panic attacks to vulnerable people. people who shouldn't leave the house

because the game is just for you right, forget everybody else.

nice one. so much empathy for your fellow humans.

Police mentality again d t, people do things they wish they hadn't, but get a criminal record for throwing a smoke bomb on the pitch, in celebration.

Only in this police state, and police in it, someone would want someone to get to 10 year ban, I'm so glad I've not been punished by someone like you for the mistakes I've made over the years.

We all do things in life we may regret, and everybody has something they regret.

Anti social behaviour buddy. It sends out warning signals to deter others, who may want to do even worse things. Nip bad behaviour in the bud.

Pro active policing, is better than reactive policing.

My computer is playing silly buggers! Ffs.

But whether I agree or not, or whether people agree or not, the law is still in place and we all know the consequences of stuff like this. 

Do they? The illegal part yes,  I doubt very much people would estimate a three year ban would be the punishment if caught for chucking  a smoke bomb. its well over the top.

Dont try this at home

It's the fact he threw it on the pitch that's the major problem and really why he was arrested from my understanding of the situation.

Plenty of smokies were set of in the away end and no one else was arrested etc. 

Do they? The illegal part yes,  I doubt very much people would estimate a three year ban would be the punishment if caught for chucking  a smoke bomb. its well over the top.

Dont try this at home

Ping pong ball and tin foil.

Much less hassle.

Remember that guy who came on the field and attacked Ian Walker against Villa? He got a ban and missed several woeful years of football. Maybe the fella who threw the smoke bomb knows what's coming...

In all seriousness, why would you take a smoke bomb to a football match? Utter numpty.

It would make sense to have a specific area where pyro could be let off just like they do in other countries including one where Health and safety is as OTT as ours...the USA.

I like this idea. Bit like another debate in football I suppose. If you give people the choice of whether they want to stand or not to stand, to experience smoke bombs or not to experience smoke bombs then everyone gets what they want. Health & Safety concerns would be eliminated if people were allowed to judge the risk for themselves.

many years ago at Peterborough someone ran on the pitch with their fruit and veg out.it was hilarious,one of the funniest things at a football match I have seen.

Everyone knows if you do this you're going to have to pay the consequences, can't have any sympathy for anyone who would do it knowing full well what could happen.

Punishment fits the crime.

Only been 'inside' one these once and that was at West Ham away, when some git let it off while we were losing 1 - 0.

By the time the smoke was gone, it was 2 - 0 and I missed the goal - made us look pathetic. 

Archived