Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

I don't think I have the energy left to get overly excited about this game.

Win = There is still hope

Lose = It's game over.

It's a pretty big game but I am not confident about the result at all.

Pretty much got 0-1 written all over it if NP uses his usual boring tactics and formation etc

If we go for it between now and the end of the season you never know

2-1 to Dull

and you lot that keep saying "we can still stay up" can start eating your words

Imagine people thinking we can stay up when it's still possible to stay up.

One good thing about relegation would be that we wouldn't have to wait so long for games. Over a week till the next game, jeez.

Happy to admit that if we lose to hull, I will no longer say we can stay up. Mathematically will be possible but clearly we would incapable of winning games we need to.

This...

My hope of us staying up is based upon the start of the run being at home to Dull.

If we can't beat them at home, I think it's curtains.

One good thing about relegation would be that we wouldn't have to wait so long for games. Over a week till the next game, jeez.

Was thinking this myself earlier, by the time the Hull game comes around I think we would played only 3 games in 4/5 weeks? could be wrong, mind. 

Same team, formation, 2-1 Leicester!

Personally I'd get RDL in as we need to run with the ball more than float it forward.

Mahrez & Schlupp will get more joy than they have out of the likes of Arsenal, Baines/Coleman & champions ManCity and the formation will come into its own for our run-in

Happy to admit that if we lose to hull, I will no longer say we can stay up. Mathematically will be possible but clearly we would incapable of winning games we need to.

This...
My hope of us staying up is based upon the start of the run being at home to Dull.
If we can't beat them at home, I think it's curtains.

Pretty much this!

Schwarzer

De Laet - Wasilewski - Huth - Konchesky

James - Cambiasso

Mahrez - Knockaert - Schlupp

Kramaric

If we play 5-4-1 and lose 0-1 my faith in him even for next season will be officially gone.

yeah like i said in another thread, when this game finally comes around, we'll have played one home game in all comps in 8 weeks. in the same time frame derby will have been down pride park 7 times!! 

on the plus side done shit loads of overtime in work lol

So these are my thoughts, and here are my answers. In the championship we ran away with the league.....why......because we had a really good squad with some technically good players and a manager that assembled them and set them up week in week out to play football. . I don't actually think the Manager's influence had a massive effect one way or another, Speculation your honour! Maybe it did.. In the Premier League, its a different story, its much more of a mind game. We could have amazing players but decisions managers make have much more of an effect.

Pearson has been caught out with this, he is not a premier league manager, some of his decisions have been shocking to say the least, and some have been great. He brought Huth in and we have looked solid with him in the team. We were 1 down against EFC recently and he made effective changes with immediate impact, bringing back to 1-2, and only more bad luck brought us the draw . His stubbornness is unwarranted, he has proved nothing, he has been effective, but not all the time. He is, and will continue to learn.. I genuinely beleive that we do have the players to survive in this league i think we have some, but we lack in areas such as left back, and with a better manager we would Speculation your honour! There's no way you can tell.. We should have change at Christmas, we would not be in this position with a more experienced, less stubborn, more technically astute manager , again, pure speculation. It's just an opinion. Mine is that NP has the backing of the players, and they work very hard for him, i could take your line and say that they wouldn't work hard for anyone else, and we'd sink like a stone. 

I think its time to be realistic, we need to change him to give a new manager time to build his squad and get to know his team ready for next season in the Championship.If anyone is proven in that league, with this squad its NP and his staff. why change if that's where we're headed. My thoughts would be to stick with and monitor closely. If we bounce back up then lessons must be learned, and he would need to hit the ground running in the premier league, or changes should then be made., Anyone who says that I need to get behind my team and stop Nige bashing/being pessimistic need to get their head checked. I just want us to get back in the Prem as soon as possible We all do. That will only be achievable with a new more astute manager at the helm is your opinion. 

Sorry, everything you say is valid, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but it is just that, an opinion, as are mine. I just get bored with reading how everyone else knows better than NP right now, he plays his cards close to his chest but there was obviously difficulties in recruiting players pre-season, and that has been changed. Would that have made a difference? Who knows. If you look at the teams that have done well historically they are teams which either spend massively, like the billionaires that beat us last night, or those that have stuck with managers. I'd like us (romantic notion alert!) to stick with him and come back stronger, Man U stuck with Fergie when it didn't start well, for years Liverpool successfully recruited from within and stuck with their ethos, i'd like us to do the same. He has his faults, he is not the media friendly type, he needs to learn much about this league but he is a man with integrity and I for one am still in his camp. 

Archived