Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Why Give Up?

I accept things are starting to look difficult, but what does writing us off achieve? It achieves nothing.

I for one will be backing my team to stay up until it is mathematically impossible to do so.

Plus, there is some cause for optimism. Our run-in is so much better than the teams around us. If things go as expected, opposition teams will end up with something like this: (Based on my predicted results, assuming we win when we play them.)

Hull: 32
Sunderland: 32
Villa: 31
QPR: 28
Burnley: 27

I think the gulf between the top and bottom half seems to be bigger than in previous seasons and the old 40 point benchmark could be well out this year. We might only need approximately 33-36 points to stay up.

There's no doubting that we will have to come up with form that we haven't produced so far this season, but I do think we are capable. That losing run absolutely killed us and now we're paying the price. If we can take our recent performances and transfer them in to victories in some of the 'easier' games, we will be in with a shout.

Here's a pretty conservative prediction of how our fixtures might play out: 

Hull (H) - WIN
Spurs (A) - LOSS
West Ham (H) - LOSS
West Brom (A) - DRAW
Swansea (H) - DRAW
Burnley (A) - WIN
Chelsea (H) - LOSS
Newcastle (H) - DRAW
Southampton (H) - LOSS
Sunderland (A) - DRAW
QPR (H) - WIN

W L L D D W L D L D W

P11 W3 D4 L4

Note, we've already won away at Spurs and beaten Newcastle at home in the cup and I've got us down to lose those fixtures. As I said, this estimate is fairly conservative and not out of our reach in the slightest.

These 13 points would take us to 31 points. In the predictions above, that would put is equal on points with Villa. With our current GD and with a few wins under our belt, we'd stay up on GD.

Now look, I know these predictions are rendered pretty much pointless when it comes down to it, and the many number of possibilties are incomprehensible. The only point I'm trying to get across here is that we are by no means out of this, so for fvck sake stop writing the team off.

It's going to be tight. Let's get behind the boys and give them that extra 1%. It could make all the difference.

I think you've been very harsh on the teams around us. You're saying none of them will get more than 6 points from their last 10/11 games. That is ridiculously optimistic.

It's not over just yet, but should we fail to beat Hull then it pretty much will be.

I think you've been very harsh on the teams around us. You're saying none of them will get more than 6 points from their last 10/11 games. That is ridiculously optimistic.

It's not over just yet, but should we fail to beat Hull then it pretty much will be.

i thought palace was the game when the great escape was either on or over. but somehow despite only 1 point since then and a month on we've still got a slight chance because everyone else is nearly as bad as us. 

hull is it though. lose to hull and we simply can't stay up. 

I see no reason why or no evidence that things will change, first and foremost team selection.

This is also my biggest gripe. His refusal to drop the players constantly making mistakes will cost us our place in league before long.

I haven't given up yet but anything other than 3 points a home to Hull and it will push me mighty, mighty close.

Yeah to suggest for a start that Villa will only get 6 points from their remaining games its asking an awful lot.

They have these games for starters which they could quite easily get something from:

Swansea (H)

QPR (H)

West Ham (H)

Burnley (H)

Everton (H)

Sunderland (A)

Villa for me will end up on more than 31.  Perhaps 35 is a more realistic total for them from here on in.  What all that means though is that we have to double our current points tally in our remaining 11 games.  When in our previous 20 games we have amassed a quite embarrassing 9 points! How anyone thinks we will go from 9 out of 60 possible to 18 out of the next 33 is beyond me.

Yeah to suggest for a start that Villa will only get 6 points from their remaining games its asking an awful lot.

They have these games for starters which they could quite easily get something from:

Swansea (H)

QPR (H)

West Ham (H)

Burnley (H)

Everton (H)

Sunderland (A)

Villa for me will end up on more than 31.  Perhaps 35 is a more realistic total for them from here on in.  What all that means though is that we have to double our current points tally in our remaining 11 games.  When in our previous 20 games we have amassed a quite embarrassing 9 points! How anyone thinks we will go from 9 out of 60 possible to 18 out of the next 33 is beyond me.

Totally agree... sorry but we are doomed and this whole season has gone from one of hope to despair and the current management are doing nothing to change my mind. 

This is the bottom line. We can woffle on about all these predictions in weeks to come but if we fail to beat Hull, then its relegation.

One game at a time, as they say.

We'll get 36 points IMO. 50/50 as to whether that will be enough to keep us up.

5 Wins: Hull, Swansea/West Ham, Newcastle, Burnley, QPR

3 Draws: WBA, Sunderland, West Ham/Swansea

3 Defeats: Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton

Might come down to goal difference and if results go as above to get us to 36 and others to the same points tally I think we'll survive on GD provided no freak results across the board.

Always thought 'Foxes Never Quit' was a bit naff but I wish we as fans would take it on board for the last 11 games.

We'll get 36 points IMO. 50/50 as to whether that will be enough to keep us up.

5 Wins: Hull, Swansea/West Ham, Newcastle, Burnley, QPR

3 Draws: WBA, Sunderland, West Ham/Swansea

3 Defeats: Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton

Might come down to goal difference and if results go as above to get us to 36 and others to the same points tally I think we'll survive on GD provided no freak results across the board.

Always thought 'Foxes Never Quit' was a bit naff but I wish we as fans would take it on board for the last 11 games.

That looks reasonable and not impossible.

I think what's been lost in the eons since we last played at the King Power is that we will have to show some genuine attacking intent in those remaining home games. Hence, the endless arguments about 5-4-1 will go away and we start to see Kramaric have some real support.

This is doable.

When we get beat by Hull do you think they'll be another one of these 'still hope' threads?

Yes and rightly so.

We could lose and still only be 7pts adrift. I'll keep believing it's possible until it's mathematically certain.

What else do you suggest the fans, manager, players and everyone else associated with the club do?

I won't give up becuase I need the hope and potential excitement to keep me going. I can't help but think how good it would be if we went on a run and survived.

If we do go down then so be it, I'll be down for a bit but I'll be back with excitement next season.

For me football would be boring if I constantly thought negatively

I won't give up becuase I need the hope and potential excitement to keep me going. I can't help but think how good it would be if we went on a run and survived.

If we do go down then so be it, I'll be down for a bit but I'll be back with excitement next season.

For me football would be boring if I constantly thought negatively

Pretty much sums up how I feel about things. 

Archived