Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Why Give Up?

When we get beat by Hull do you think they'll be another one of these 'still hope' threads?

Yes i`m sure there will be, and Pearson will still be seen as some god like figure, by many on here.

It`s utterly bizarre!

Yes i`m sure there will be, and Pearson will still be seen as some god like figure, by many on here.

It`s utterly bizarre!

Such an utterly pointless statement in the context of this thread.

And roll over and die?

They have been basically.

How anyone can say that they realistically believe we'll only lose 3 games between now and the end of the season is lunacy at best.

Seriously, what team have some of you been watching as it definitely isnt Leicester.

Every single fan despite what they might write on here on what they tell there mates or whoever, still has hope, belief in a miracle.

That's what being a fan is.

No one has given up. The fact is the same fans who watched us through the 8 years or so of crap will still be there at the start of next year regardless of league status.

I'm disheartened but doesn't stop me from dreaming and saying what if, every single game day.

Every single fan despite what they might write on here on what they tell there mates or whoever, still has hope, belief in a miracle.

No one has given up. The fact is the same fans who watched us through the 8 years or so of crap will still be there at the start of next year regardless of league status.

I'm disheartened but doesn't stop me from dreaming and saying what if, every single game day.

You're absolutely right you heartless bastard. I was just on the verge of convincing myself otherwise.

WHY DO I STILL HAVE HOPE???

DAMN YOU CITEH. DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

For me those trying to convince themselves and others that we are down are trying to do one of two things:

1) Massage their ego to the extent that in May they will be able to look back and tell everyone that they saw it coming and that NP should have gone in November despite having no evidence that making such a decision would have sealed 17th or higher.

2) Desperately trying to curb the irrepressible and overwhelming disappointment that relegation would bring but 'preparing for the worst' with almost a third of the season remaining.

Either way is fvcking boring. Live life in hope. Beg for a miracle, take every game as it comes and get behind the lads.

For me those trying to convince themselves and others that we are down are trying to do one of two things:

1) Massage their ego to the extent that in May they will be able to look back and tell everyone that they saw it coming and that NP should have gone in November despite having no evidence that making such a decision would have sealed 17th or higher.

2) Desperately trying to curb the irrepressible and overwhelming disappointment that relegation would bring but 'preparing for the worst' with almost a third of the season remaining.

Either way is fvcking boring. Live life in hope. Beg for a miracle, take every game as it comes and get behind the lads.

How can you present evidence for something that doesn't exist? However it hasn't done palace, wba and the twats upon the road (forest) any harm has it. You can also see villa starting to try and play a more attacking direct style so I fully expect them to improve. Nigel is like our Stuart Pearce this season, he's a handicap to a reasonable group of players, like at forest, get a half decent and intelligent manager in and watch the results improve. Sadly we didn't choose this option, and while I am more than hopeful we can win a couple of our remaining games we simply will not win anywhere near enough to make up the points deficit with Pearson in charge. IMO no one in the premier league will ever go near him again, and rightly so.

How can you present evidence for something that doesn't exist? However it hasn't done palace, wba and the twats upon the road (forest) any harm has it. You can also see villa starting to try and play a more attacking direct style so I fully expect them to improve. Nigel is like our Stuart Pearce this season, he's a handicap to a reasonable group of players, like at forest, get a half decent and intelligent manager in and watch the results improve. Sadly we didn't choose this option, and while I am more than hopeful we can win a couple of our remaining games we simply will not win anywhere near enough to make up the points deficit with Pearson in charge. IMO no one in the premier league will ever go near him again, and rightly so.

That's my point. It's easy to look back in hindsight and say 'we should have done this and that' knowing full well what you are saying can never been proven or disproven.

It's a waste of time and quite frankly I'm not interested in hindsight. I'm interested in supporting the team and manager until the end of the season because we still have a chance, albeit slim.

Micky couldn't have put it better...the fact that some supporters don't agree with Pearsons team selections and tactics doesn't mean we don't want our team to succeed...I still believe we have players capable of beating other teams but I'm not the manager and he is the one who picks the team...all we can do is hope

No evidence to suggest we are going to pick up the points required. We had the chance in December to change the manager and blew it. My opinion is that he should have been sacked several times over for footballing and conduct reasons alone (the Villa cup game in particular is one i'll never forgive him for). How he's dodged the bullets given the run we're on is inexplicable...

Agree with some here that the Palace game was the nail in the coffin too.

Enjoy the rest of the games because we might not see this level of football for a while. Hope i'm wrong.

Optimism should be tempered with realism in my opinion, otherwise you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointments, expecting the worst but hoping for the best is the way I will deal with things. We have shown no sign of igniting our season over the last god knows how many weeks, so it will have to be a turn around of biblical proportion to change things now, but who knows????

...And all the same old rhetoric from the club, manager & the local media means nothing in the grand scheme of things. 'We move on', 'We go again', etc etc.....anyone would think we're doing fine and there's nothing wrong, and it stinks. It's an insult to me as a paying fan.

Overall i feel it's a massive opportunity missed and the owners have stood back and watched it all happen before their eyes.

Yep, i'm angry. Still, it's not mathematically certain so i'll maintain a small glimmer of hope.

Archived