Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Favourite/least favourite chant

"Sit down if you love Leicester" does exactly what it says on the tin.

Can we do that more often? Followed by stand up if you love Leicester and then Jump up if you love Leicester? Made me laugh in SK1 the other week. Maybe it could get going at an away game? 

All together now

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley

or

There's a circus in the town

or

Oooh Tommy Wright

or

Tiptoe through the trent end

or

Shine on, shine on Hennessey's head

or

The premier league is upside down

I really don't understand people like you. 

I know you mean well and I know your heart is in the right place but the hypocrisy really gets under my skin. You want atmospheres to be better at grounds, you want more people to sing but you only want them to sing the songs you think are 'cool' and 'original.'

That's not really how people work. If you only want a fringe of individuals who are actively interested in ultra movements and football fan culture to be the ones knowing the words and singing along then you're going to have a very quiet set of supporters at Leicester. The majority just aren't like you.

We Love You, Everywhere We Go and that recent re-hash of the Wilfried Bony chant (Come on Leicester boys, make some ****ing noise?) spread quickly because they're catchy, they're easy, they're all over youtube and the words aren't hard to remember.

Who gives a shit if several other clubs' fans are singing it? If it raises volume and gets everyone going then isn't that the most important thing? I've heard people call We Love You "cringeworthy" ever since it started but I've never known any other song get the West Stand, the Family Stand, L1 and the Kop all going at the same time except - maybe - Leicester's Going Up right at the end of last year (for fairly obvious reasons.)

By contrast, When You're Smiling is knocked out in L1, the UFS corner and away ends only and even then by a disappointing number of people. Why? Because - and I fully anticipate the stoning - it's ****ing shit. The idea behind it is great, it's unique to us, it's an appropriately themed song from the right era, it's got some history to it, great. But the way we "sing" it is disjointed with no rhythm and it sounds absolutely ****ing dreadful. And it always has for as long as I've been old enough to remember.

While I largely accept the "any noise is better than no noise" argument, I don't understand why a tune has to be popular elsewhere for our fans to consider it catchy enough to sing. It just smacks of laziness and doesn't seem to be a problem found at the likes of Man United and Sheffield Wednesday, off the top of my head.

This clearly isn't a phenomenon unique to Leicester but I just feel if some folks put a little faith in originality (and yes, original tunes can be catchy) it'd reflect on us better as a fanbase. The Ulloa song was a prime example of getting something catchy and unique to these shores going, and everyone joins in with that. Why should we just have to accept what we see Bradford singing on the internet as our marker?

Of course you're going to get tunes and chants that crossover with other clubs, and I'm happy to go hoarse singing them, but nothing personally impresses me more than fanbases who all to a man belt "their" songs out.

If people properly belted out WYS as the way they to the WOAHWOAHWOAH bit in fvcking We Love You, it would sound absolutely quality. It's only because people can't be arsed to learn the words and actions that it sounds shite. And let's face it, that's not the mammoth task people who say it's shite make it out to be...

Not sure if this should be in the "What grinds my gears" thread, but wys used to be a brill song, I'm not sure what happened

but it's not being sung right, it should be; "but when you're crying you bring on the rain, so stop your sighing be happy again!

when did it become; "but when you're sighing you bring on the rain, so stop your sighing be happy again"?

and being sung twice as fast as it used to be, I think that what makes it difficult for a lot of fans to join in!

it's all over before you know it!

While I'm on a roll, "Leicester City.... the boys in Blue.... the terraces a song for you"???, doesn't even make sense!

Shouldn't it be , "Leicester City....the boys in Blue.... the terrace sings.... as one for you?

Someone please put me right!

Also, left side right side is soooo sh1t!!

WYS is ours and for that reason it will always be my favourite. Would love if the whole ground could sing it but as we all know it is sang too fast. God knows how many years have we said that. Worst - anything that involves the prat with the drum and of course there's only one Nigel Pearsona

While I'm on a roll, "Leicester City.... the boys in Blue.... the terraces a song for you"???, doesn't even make sense!

Shouldn't it be , "Leicester City....the boys in Blue.... the terrace sings.... as one for you?

Someone please put me right!

I'm pretty sure most just sing this one wrong, it is so annoying - like you say it makes NO sense.

Personally, I love "Oooooh TWAT!" I know it's childish but when you still hear the "AGHHH!" ringing out minutes after a goal kick it always makes me laugh

I don't know why but I hate Ulloa's chant. It doesn't have a proper song behind it and I don't like sentences that start with "yes"

People sing "the terraces a song for you?" I've never heard it like that.

Personally, I love "Oooooh TWAT!" I know it's childish but when you still hear the "AGHHH!" ringing out minutes after a goal kick it always makes me laugh

I don't know why but I hate Ulloa's chant. It doesn't have a proper song behind it and I don't like sentences that start with "yes"

Bad Moon Rising.

Bring on the sunderland and arsenal is boss but never gets enough people involved. I don't really have a fav chant I just enjoy it when everyone is singing one chant together. I never thought much of the cambiasso one til everton then he scored and the whole end was giving it some so it was good. I really enjoy the Knocky chant too (when he played remember that lols).

as una said the cambiasso was is good when drunk and not at fooball matches too imo. Jamie Vardy's avin a party good for that too.

My favourite chants are player ones, particularly after a goal. Cambiasso after Everton seemed pretty loud at the time.

Loads of crap chants, usually from a few lads who think they're funny. My most hated though is the 'how shit must you be' chant.

Archived