Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Favourite/least favourite chant

While I largely accept the "any noise is better than no noise" argument, I don't understand why a tune has to be popular elsewhere for our fans to consider it catchy enough to sing. It just smacks of laziness and doesn't seem to be a problem found at the likes of Man United and Sheffield Wednesday, off the top of my head.

This clearly isn't a phenomenon unique to Leicester but I just feel if some folks put a little faith in originality (and yes, original tunes can be catchy) it'd reflect on us better as a fanbase. The Ulloa song was a prime example of getting something catchy and unique to these shores going, and everyone joins in with that. Why should we just have to accept what we see Bradford singing on the internet as our marker?

Of course you're going to get tunes and chants that crossover with other clubs, and I'm happy to go hoarse singing them, but nothing personally impresses me more than fanbases who all to a man belt "their" songs out.

If people properly belted out WYS as the way they to the WOAHWOAHWOAH bit in fvcking We Love You, it would sound absolutely quality. It's only because people can't be arsed to learn the words and actions that it sounds shite. And let's face it, that's not the mammoth task people who say it's shite make it out to be...

But even the Leo Ulloa song only took off because the Argies sang it obsessively at the world cup (one song, you've only got one song) and it got in people's heads. We signed an Argentine player and oh-look! Slap some hastily scrawled words to it that barely scan and off we go.

Our fan base isn't largely vocal, it isn't very original, it isn't very committed to singing. It hasn't been for a long time. I'm not saying you should simply accept that and never look to improve things but bemoaning every song that gets vaguely popular purely for the sakes that is popular isn't really productive either. 

At the end of the day, as far as I'm concerned, it barely matters what the song actually is - all that really matters is that it gets people involved.

Here's a video of Real Betis fans making songs out of whatever shit was playing over the tannoy, including Lady Gaga and Stereo Love. 

That's an entire away end making a good deal of noise and having a great deal of fun without even using words. Lady ****ing Gaga. Atmosphere.

Can we do that more often? Followed by stand up if you love Leicester and then Jump up if you love Leicester? Made me laugh in SK1 the other week. Maybe it could get going at an away game?

That post was really a pop at the miserable sods that never stand up,but yeah we did it at the last home game.I think I started it with 5 minutes to go when everybody was ready to hang themselves due to us not winning.It's a laugh and that's all I go for now.

Back on WYS,can somebody with more knowledge of it's origins please tell me how we've ended up with this current rendition.It's like being given the most beautiful pint of beer but time after time having a splash of lemonade put in it.

That post was really a pop at the miserable sods that never stand up,but yeah we did it at the last home game.I think I started it with 5 minutes to go when everybody was ready to hang themselves due to us not winning.It's a laugh and that's all I go for now.

Back on WYS,can somebody with more knowledge of it's origins please tell me how we've ended up with this current rendition.It's like being given the most beautiful pint of beer but time after time having a splash of lemonade put in it.

Yeah I new but that chant still makes me laugh. When you see all the standers sit down. It actually encourages people to stand up though and join in with the song! Who knows we may even get the whole kop joining in with Jump up if you love Leicester. Yeah okay I'm dreaming lol

Just imagine how good that would look though. Everyone sitting down, then standing and then bouncing! 

WYS sounds terrible, so out of tune and people just drone it out as fast as they can. We need a David Guetta style remix to liven the fooker up.

Boys in blue is a good one but as others have said, far too complicated lyrically for many.

Favourites include my garden shed is bigger than this, du du du du fu##ing useless (its a wonder we havent sung this to our own team) and ulloas song. Worst..we love you, this boys in blue terraces bollocks whatever its supposed to be and tony/riyad.

But even the Leo Ulloa song only took off because the Argies sang it obsessively at the world cup (one song, you've only got one song) and it got in people's heads. We signed an Argentine player and oh-look! Slap some hastily scrawled words to it that barely scan and off we go.

Our fan base isn't largely vocal, it isn't very original, it isn't very committed to singing. It hasn't been for a long time. I'm not saying you should simply accept that and never look to improve things but bemoaning every song that gets vaguely popular purely for the sakes that is popular isn't really productive either.

At the end of the day, as far as I'm concerned, it barely matters what the song actually is - all that really matters is that it gets people involved.

Here's a video of Real Betis fans making songs out of whatever shit was playing over the tannoy, including Lady Gaga and Stereo Love.

That's an entire away end making a good deal of noise and having a great deal of fun without even using words. Lady ****ing Gaga. Atmosphere.

Why do you think it is less creative than certain other clubs?

Why is it we are less up for giving vocal support than other clubs?

Genuinly interested into what folks might see the reason as being?

Heard some over the years that really annoy me, but I think the worst in the past few seasons has to be 'we're 2-0 down who gives a f**k, we're Leicester boys and we're going/staying up'.

Hate it with a passion!

Heard some over the years that really annoy me, but I think the worst in the past few seasons has to be 'we're 2-0 down who gives a f**k, we're Leicester boys and we're going/staying up'.

Hate it with a passion!

Also while you're a fan on bouncing Nazi what about the chant "if you don't fvcking bounce then you're a red" I know its a rip off but it may get people bouncing. Easy to catch on too.

I've not heard that one,but I'm beginning to think a mass bouce isn't going to happen.

Unless we all have mini trampolines and the club hang £50 notes down from the roof.

Top 3 favourite chants of all time (different thread?)

1. Forever and ever, we'll follow our team...

2. If I had the wings of an eagle...

3. Molly Malone

Guest bss9401

e i e i e i o up the football here we go

Beat me to it. Worst alongside alongside the ridiculously cheesy "we're by far the ........." nonsense. WYS always number one for me but as mentioned many times should be slower.

Archived