Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

From what I've been told...

I'd really like to believe that this is true and will happen.

Pearson needs to go. The club needs a fresh start. No manager would be a guarantee of success but Warburtom is the most sensible name I have seen linked.

Some of the ignorance spouted in this thread is laughable.

If true, it's piss poor from the owners, surely sacking Pearson before the window, and getting a manager who knows the league in, and make a fist of staying up, would be more cost effective, than sacking a manager, after we are down.

Surely staying in the premier league is worth more to the club, than losing a couple of million in compensation to Pearson.

As good as they have been in backing the club, they are not football people. They got rid of the one bloke who had any experience back earlier this year. They seem to employ a walking calamity called David Richards as a consultant.

I'd be more inclined to sack if we survive than if we go down. 

If we survive, sack him off, find someone better and give them a shit load of dollar. If we go down, let him get us promoted again and then **** him off if he can't convince the board that he's learned.

Harsh? Yes. Football? Yes.

Do you think Pearson thinks this as well? And is now ensuring we are relegated?

Based on his response to the awful run and crushing Deeney moment two seasons ago, yes, I think he has it in him.

True yes, but isnt this season on another scale?

So he does the miracle and we're sitting here next year asking the question "is he good enough for another go at the Prem"?

Even if he does get us up, will he just get sacked to ensure "survival"?

Love how people think pearson will bring us straight back up, just because we did well last season, last season is last season, the winning mentality that we once had has gone, I really don't think we will do aswell with pearson nx season, maybe 5th or 6th at best

I'd really like to believe that this is true and will happen.

Pearson needs to go. The club needs a fresh start. No manager would be a guarantee of success but Warburtom is the most sensible name I have seen linked.

Some of the ignorance spouted in this thread is laughable.

i have no idea if the OP knows more than any of us but i also like the idea.  one of the guys here is a brentford fan and he cannot believe how MW got them playing within a season of getting the job.  we all know that you need a championship manager to get a side to perform at that level. i remain convinced that pearson is leaving as soon as the board have a replacement. MW is contracted to brentford till the end of the season. 2+2 = 4. course it might be bollox and it equals 27 in this case.

i dont agree with the OP re compensation etc being lower if we are relegated. i am sure that if we stay up then we have to sack pearson to get rid - in which case we have to pay off his contract. i would be amazed if we managed to write a relegation clause into his contract. when he signed it, there was no way anyone would be thinking about sacking him and why on earth would he agree to a clause. also, MW is not leaving brentford before the end of may.

Love how people think pearson will bring us straight back up, just because we did well last season, last season is last season, the winning mentality that we once had has gone, I really don't think we will do aswell with pearson nx season, maybe 5th or 6th at best

I am worried by the fact people think we will bounce straight back up, it genuinely does worry me, I don't think it will be that simple.

What I will say is apart from this season Pearson has been a success every season with us, Promotion from League One (People think that was easy and expected it but it's harder than people think), Championship playoffs (Albeit ended in disappointment but considered a good season), Championship playoff (Again disappointment but consider a good season), and Championship promotion, there is no guarentee we will be succesful next season and I think it will be harder than people think simply bouncing back up but you have to credit Pearson despite how frustrated i've been in him this season that he has been a success for us apart from this season which you have to then ask the question why won't he be a success for us next season sadly in the Championship?

The winning mentality has gone, but it had gone when we went down the League One - He was fresh, new blood in the club but he still had to turn a depressing relegation from the Championship into a positive and give us that winning mentality back.

Like I said earlier though he needs to hit the ground running next season or he will be gone, there will be no grace given next season should he not.

The owners have like 800 million I'm sure they could afford to sack Pearson when they want. I personally don't mind Warburton and wouldn't mind him here. But I still believe in Pearson and if we go down I believe he can take us back up again having learnt from this season.

Read similar rumours on other forums and wouldn't be surprised about the getting rid of pearson bit, although they claimed Lennon was coming in.

Personally I don t think they are anything other then suitable candidates who should be put through the recruitment process- neither have done enough to guarantee them positions without considering other options.

I would have agreed with most people on here a few weeks ago - that if we go down, Pearson is the man to bring us back up. But I'm not sure about that now. Can you really build a Championship promotion squad, ditch the manager and his staff, and replace with someone else, the moment you're up?  I can't help thinking we'd be better off starting again with a new manager who can take us up and carry on in the Prem. I do think Nige has been found horribly wanting at the top level - whether he simply failed to assemble a good enough squad or the squad has been good enough and his management of that squad has been deficient - is now immaterial. And just as his lack of tactical and matchplay nouse has been evident for all to see - he clearly hasn't handled the added attention that comes with being in the Premier League, at all well. If there were signs that he'd learned from the experience, it would be tempting to be more forgiving, but I'm afraid there aren't any.

This Warburton guy,do you really think the Thais would go for him if Pearson was sacked.

You only have to look at his profile to see he would be out of his depth at a club like Leicester.

As I said elsewhere Jon Rudkin knows him very well, he calls the shots on the football side.

You only have to look at his profile to see he would be out of his depth at a club like Leicester.

why ?  sven with his HUGE profile was hardly a roaring success and pearson had no strong management profile before we appointed him.

and anyone wondering why the thai's would want to sack pearson need only look at the thread referring to their growing business and its profile. a photo of the related football club manager with his hands around another players neck is not going to help that. no one will be happier than me if we stay up but i will be astounded if he is still here come august.

The owners have like 800 million I'm sure they could afford to sack Pearson when they want. I personally don't mind Warburton and wouldn't mind him here. But I still believe in Pearson and if we go down I believe he can take us back up again having learnt from this season.

They probably could but it'd be cheaper at the end of the season and Warburton would be available for free.

I am worried by the fact people think we will bounce straight back up, it genuinely does worry me, I don't think it will be that simple.

What I will say is apart from this season Pearson has been a success every season with us, Promotion from League One (People think that was easy and expected it but it's harder than people think), Championship playoffs (Albeit ended in disappointment but considered a good season), Championship playoff (Again disappointment but consider a good season), and Championship promotion, there is no guarentee we will be succesful next season and I think it will be harder than people think simply bouncing back up but you have to credit Pearson despite how frustrated i've been in him this season that he has been a success for us apart from this season which you have to then ask the question why won't he be a success for us next season sadly in the Championship?

The winning mentality has gone, but it had gone when we went down the League One - He was fresh, new blood in the club but he still had to turn a depressing relegation from the Championship into a positive and give us that winning mentality back.

Like I said earlier though he needs to hit the ground running next season or he will be gone, there will be no grace given next season should he not.

I would agree with this almost entirely.

I think there is reason to be positive should we go down. All things considered we will be in a better position than most going into a Championship season - relegation doesn't have to be the beginning of another barren period. We just need to manage ourselves well.

Archived