Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Fans' Consultative Committee Meeting - 1 April

Why are people so keen on a big flag to pass around? Will do nothing at all to improve the atmosphere. Tone down and tweak a few of AndWhat's suggestions (much as I'd be bang up for most of them as they are) and you'd be on to a winner. Club-sponsored surfers look dreadful on the whole.

Reduced beer prices within a short period is a good shout. Or a dedicated beer tent outside the ground (e.g. back of the 'Kop'). A 'singing' tent if you will.

I was on the FCC board last season which on the whole was a really good experience. I'd urge anyone on it this year to put more pressure on the club to follow through with suggestions brought up in the meetings, perhaps via email/follow up meetings. In the actual planned meetings, whilst being interesting and a good insight into the running of the club, because of the number of people there it doesn't feel as productive as it could be. For example I remember last year there was a 30-minute discussion on the brightness of the advertising boards  :dry:

Or a dedicated beer tent outside the ground (e.g. back of the 'Kop'). A 'singing' tent if you will.

I'm sure I've read somewhere it's something they are / were / did look into. With drink and food provided outside as well (rather then independent traders out there). Don't know where this is coming from but it rings a bell.

I'm sure I've read somewhere it's something they are / were / did look into. With drink and food provided outside as well (rather then independent traders out there). Don't know where this is coming from but it rings a bell.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/99167-city-in-bid-to-sell-hot-grub-outside-stadium/

City in bid to sell hot grub outside stadium

Yes as well as that article Davie G posted, it was also brought up at the FCC meetings a while back. I suppose that's what I mean by continuing to put pressure on the club outside of those meetings. They said they were going to look into it, but that's the last we heard of it. Other than it requiring policing, it seems like a no brainer to me. Instead of turning up at 2:58pm on a Saturday, I'd happily get there much earlier and buy beers from the club (if priced right).

Yes as well as that article Davie G posted, it was also brought up at the FCC meetings a while back. I suppose that's what I mean by continuing to put pressure on the club outside of those meetings. They said they were going to look into it, but that's the last we heard of it. Other than it requiring policing, it seems like a no brainer to me. Instead of turning up at 2:58pm on a Saturday, I'd happily get there much earlier and buy beers from the club (if priced right).

Plenty of decent pubs around mate,why take their trade when some are struggling?

Balti pies. I consider insulting to the highly trained staff that their life is easier only having two types of pie to distinguish between. Surely there is room for a third filling?

Cookie Monster. He should be made to smile at least once a season.

I suggested the cheaper beer thing, just think it would get a few more lads in the ground earlier up for a sing song!

Yeah I'm all for that I just fear a tent would end up being an extension of the concourse and add nothing in the long term.But mate I'd never knock any idea regarding improving atmosphere,I just love our traditional boozers really.

Plenty of decent pubs around mate,why take their trade when some are struggling?

True, I wouldn't like to see any pubs go under off the back of it, but similar to AndWhat? I think it would be an ideal place to get some songs going before the game. 

The idea of getting a decent version of wys played just before ko gets my backing.

And using the back corner of the car park behind sk1 as a fan village with beer and catering. Maybe big screens etc is something that may stop me staying in the pub until 2.30. Surely all additional income is worth exploring.

The goal music doesn't bother me so long as we never go back to the Shit before fire.

Something needs sorting about the quality of service in the concourses.  If you go to a big gig at somewhere like Finsbury/Heaton Park, MK Bowl etc they have the drinks all poured ready so when you order it's simply a case of someone turning around, picking up your pint and handing it to you.  

The amount of times I've stood in the queue this season, waiting ages for the people in front to be served while someone slowly pulls each pint to order - it's agonising!  Just have 5 pints of bitter, 5 pints of lager pulled and ready to go and keep pulling them during peak times.

I'm sure I've even known them do it at the KP before, but this season, quite possibly the busiest ever in our new stadium, it doesn't happen - not in SK1 anyway. Is it just me who thinks this is a simple thing to do and makes sense?

Could someone tout the idea of giving ST holders a priority point for attending Youth Cup games? Would help get good attendances for the youngsters and bring the next generation of the club closer to the fans.

Change the version of the PHG they come out to in the second half to the old recorded version they played at Filbo, because the current recording is an uninspiring crock of shit.

Also make sure you shout down any binmongers making points about Christmas fairs at the ground or bright advertising boards. There are serious issues to be discussed like how 'This is the season for Leicester' should be played before the teams come out.

Could someone tout the idea of giving ST holders a priority point for attending Youth Cup games? Would help get good attendances for the youngsters and bring the next generation of the club closer to the fans.

Change the version of the PHG they come out to in the second half to the old recorded version they played at Filbo, because the current recording is an uninspiring crock of shit.

Also make sure you shout down any binmongers making points about Christmas fairs at the ground or bright advertising boards. There are serious issues to be discussed like how 'This is the season for Leicester' should be played before the teams come out.

im sorry voll but getting a priority point for attending youth games Is only going to benefit local city fans and not season ticket holders like me who would have to make a 250 mile round

trip,

Archived