Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCtotheprem

Manager next season

I am 0% backing a flop called Pearson.

We need someone of the Allardyce ilk, who knows his way around the Premiership, and knows how to get the best, not the worst, out of his players.

Our best players will be leaving, and my gut feeling is that we will not get promoted next season under Pearson. Even if, he managed to get us promoted, he would be a disaster in the Premiership, as we all know to our cost.

Sack him at the end of the season.

Who is going to be in a rush to sign our best players after this season? Can't see man utd seeing Nugent as their Falcao replacement. West brom selling berahino to replace him with Vards or Palace deciding Speroni out Kasper in. Cambiasso and Mahrez maybe, kramaric, but none of our players have done enough so far to get any side that exited about to start splashing out.

I get frustrated with NP like a lot of people...but today someone on here said that the last ten years had been an abberation and somehow linked this to NP!....last year champions....remember how great we all felt?....year before...really close to getting to the play offs...rememebr how dissapointed we all were but remained full of hope for the next season?......we have not played to keep ourselves in the premiereship this season....whose fault...well NP, players and sometimes some dubious reffing have contributed along side we are playing teams that are very very good!!!

My nephews first premiership game as a fan who now lives in Norfolk was the Man U game that we will be talking about for years to come...bad results aside lots of kids have had the chance to see some of the best players in the world visit their ground and will remember that for ever....but yes what a crap season for results and thinking what could have been every saturday at around 4.45pm

What ever happens at the end of this season...whoever is the manager...its a matter of dusting ourselves off, going " oh well here we go again" and getting on with it......I vote if we get relegated lets all dress as arnie and chant "we'll be back"' in an appropriate accent louder than all those shouting "going down"

Supporting a team like LCFC is never going to be easy...for that you need to be behind the likes of chelsea or manchester.....its the anguish that shows true support rather than getting behind a team that was picked because it was winning everything when you were 11 years old

You make a strong argument....

It's not my decision but I will say I just fancy a change its becoming a bit boring losing week in week out. Not sure who to get really but I think Pearson has run his course

here it might actually be exciting with a new manager.

I'm nearly 70, so I am obviously the exception that proves the rule. During my time as a fan, we've had a few good managers - Matt Gillies, Jimmy Bloomfield, Jock Wallace, Martin O'Neill, for example - and an awful lot of indifferent ones. I'm thinking about McLintock, Hamilton, Pleat, and every manager between after O'Neill and before Pearson. We've had a poor season in terms of results this season, but Pearson still has the best win percentage of any manager in our history, and I still think we can stay up (yeah, right). And if we don't, Pearson is easily the best bet to bring us straight back up.

I am of the same age, and length as a supporter, and take a similar view.

Always been s strong supporter of Pearson on account of his methods and achievements.

I am disappointed with his performance this season and I do feel he has lost it in some respects (some bizarre selections which appear illogical, unwise pronouncements to the press, team selection and tactics to counter perceived opposition threats rather than imposing our own style, etc), all of which I thought he would rise above. So those have surprised me.

However, he's an intelligent guy. Whilst he hasn't learnt quickly enough this season, he has shown the ability to learn after a long bad spell (as in the poor run of form in the season before the last), and to come out much stronger. I think that this summer will provide the opportunity to reflect and to learn the lessons.

So, on balance, I would give NP one more chance to redeem himself.

If we did manage to stay up then the argument is just the same, and we can expect a much better season with him in the Prem next season.

Why do people think O'Neill will come back? He's done his time with us.

Warburton would be a good choice, the Lambert of Norwich, not Villa would be too. A lot of others are comfortable in their jobs or possibly looking higher up.

I think we're coming to the end of the Pearson era.He's been an excellent manager for us prior to this season but whether we stay up or go down it's time for a change.

I don't really have a favourite to succeed him although Warburton would seem a good fit.

I think we're coming to the end of the Pearson era.He's been an excellent manager for us prior to this season but whether we stay up or go down it's time for a change.

I don't really have a favourite to succeed him although Warburton would seem a good fit.

I think this is a pretty good summary of my feelings, begrudgingly.

Seems so many have forgotten just how difficult it is to get out the Championship. Every season we've been there under Pearson we've either got close or been promoted. For me, he has to be our manager at the start of next season, and see how we do after 10/15 games.

Certainly has, and I also know you have to at least be at the right end of the second tier to get back up to where we should be. And who is the sole reason we even stopped the rot that plagued us from 2004 - 2008? Ian Holloway? Paulo Sousa? Sven? Jog on.

I don't think we can simplify matters to that extent! A lot of the Pro-Pearson argument has focused on shifting responsibility from players to manager, so surely they also play their part. In some cases - Howard, Oakley, King, Gradel, Fryatt, Schmeichel, Konchesky, Nugent, Moore, Schlupp - those players weren't even signed by Pearson. Plus you have to consider the huge increase in investment in the playing staff from 2007 and especially 2010 onwards. Whereas staff costs have consistently increased in Pearson's second reign, they were slashed by a third under Levein and kept low under Kelly. And we all know about the financial constraints that Adams had to operate under.

It's worth noting that Kelly keeping us up in 2006 had a huge role in making us an attractive proposition for Milan Mandaric, or that our one year PL adventure in 03-04 under Adams guaranteed our financial stability up to that point. Pearson deserves huge credit for what he achieved in 2009 and 2014, though this season appears to have cancelled out the latter success. But the improved quality of our youth team products originating in the Levein era played its part (King, Moore, Schlupp among them, unless I'm mistaken - look, by contrast, at the dearth in emerging youth talent from 1994, post-Heskey, to 2004). As did the managers who kept us afloat, our recoveries in 2006 and late 2010, and the people who came into the club and invested hugely - to a greater extent, in Pearson's second reign, than perhaps any owners at any other club in the FLC at the time. 

As a club we didn't recover from Taylor and Administration until 2010. Everything that happened up to 2000, and after 2010, was fairly typical of Leicester City - modest PL success, competing for trophies, play-offs, promotion, relegation. It's important we don't lower our aims because of the madness which went on from 2000-2002, and the eight years we spent getting over it. We should be looking to emulate what we had before that, to create a side which ranks among our best. That was always our objective before - even in the dark days under Pleat we were looking for the next Gillies, next Bloomfield, next Weller, next Lineker - and I see no reason why we should waste our time saying 'remember how awful things were before Pearson' if our expectations remain high. Which they should, of course. A lot higher than 20th in the Premier League.

I don't think we can simplify matters to that extent! A lot of the Pro-Pearson argument has focused on shifting responsibility from players to manager, so surely they also play their part. In some cases - Howard, Oakley, King, Gradel, Fryatt, Schmeichel, Konchesky, Nugent, Moore, Schlupp - those players weren't even signed by Pearson. Plus you have to consider the huge increase in investment in the playing staff from 2007 and especially 2010 onwards. Whereas staff costs have consistently increased in Pearson's second reign, they were slashed by a third under Levein and kept low under Kelly. And we all know about the financial constraints that Adams had to operate under.

It's worth noting that Kelly keeping us up in 2006 had a huge role in making us an attractive proposition for Milan Mandaric, or that our one year PL adventure in 03-04 under Adams guaranteed our financial stability up to that point. Pearson deserves huge credit for what he achieved in 2009 and 2014, though this season appears to have cancelled out the latter success. But the improved quality of our youth team products originating in the Levein era played its part (King, Moore, Schlupp among them, unless I'm mistaken - look, by contrast, at the dearth in emerging youth talent from 1994, post-Heskey, to 2004). As did the managers who kept us afloat, our recoveries in 2006 and late 2010, and the people who came into the club and invested hugely - to a greater extent, in Pearson's second reign, than perhaps any owners at any other club in the FLC at the time. 

As a club we didn't recover from Taylor and Administration until 2010. Everything that happened up to 2000, and after 2010, was fairly typical of Leicester City - modest PL success, competing for trophies, play-offs, promotion, relegation. It's important we don't lower our aims because of the madness which went on from 2000-2002, and the eight years we spent getting over it. We should be looking to emulate what we had before that, to create a side which ranks among our best. That was always our objective before - even in the dark days under Pleat we were looking for the next Gillies, next Bloomfield, next Weller, next Lineker - and I see no reason why we should waste our time saying 'remember how awful things were before Pearson' if our expectations remain high. Which they should, of course. A lot higher than 20th in the Premier League.

You talk as though anyone is now capable of keeping us in the top six of the Championship because we got out of our post-administration slump. it was just 4 and a half years ago that we went from playoff semi finalists back to being relegation stragglers. Before Pearson came back we'd invested heavily for a Championship team and still couldn't win two games in a row. The wrong change could easily bring the dark days back, so the future of this club must be considered a lot more carefully than a lot of people on here would have.

The time to change Manager's was about 5 games ago at the latest. 

We didn't, and now I see no point in changing until the the Summer break and we can take time to get the right person in, and it not be a rushed appointment.

This team is still clearly playing for the Manager, so he shouldn't be sacked on that basis, but he has had a really good amount of time to get us off the bottom and winning some games, but he simply hasn't delivered, and he is looking like a man cracking under the pressure.

However, we know this guy is a very competent Championship Manager and with a squad he built and continues to build, he really is and should be seriously considered to stay on and plan our promotion challenge next season. Taking emotions out of it, he is a wise choice, but I understand some fans have lost faith and want a change. He may also feel he has taken Leicester as far as he can, and decide to mutually go. He surely will have to do some serious soul searching and try to learn from why this season has been such a failure. It may make him a much better manager... but could easily go the other way too.

Would like to see how the remaining games go before make decision on this. If we go down fighting and playing good football, like we did at Spurs, then I think there is enough there to give him one last chance, but if we go down with a wimper and he alienates more fans and the players show little fight, then a fresh start with a new Manager for next season.  The thought of changing managers scares me though, as we had almost a decade of manager merry go round and it's been nice to have some stability for a change!!

Archived