Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCtotheprem

Manager next season

Sigh... you don't need 20+ players of proven premier league standard to survive. You need a core that are and the rest to supplement them. Just as Hull had last year. Burnley don't have 20+ premier league standard players in a million years, but they are in with a shout of staying up.

I don't think he gets it mate. 

An only three of which played any part last season and not even full seasons at that.

I don't think last seasons squad will still exist.

James could go as could Mahrez.

Wouldn't play Kinchesky next season as he wasn't that good last season.

Wasyl even older.

Hammond too old.

Why would you stick with both De Laet and Simpson when they haven't been good enough this season, at least 1 should be replaced for next season.

Nugent didn't set the division alight last season and will be 2 years older.

Knocky will leave.

We have an ageing squad that needs to be sorted.

Wasyl even older.

Hammond too old.

Why would you stick with both De Laet and Simpson when they haven't been good enough this season, at least 1 should be replaced for next season.

Knocky will leave.

Wow. I'm not sure if your just trying to wind people up or actually being serious. 

Sigh... you don't need 20+ players of proven premier league standard to survive. You need a core that are and the rest to supplement them. Just as Hull had last year. Burnley don't have 20+ premier league standard players in a million years, but they are in with a shout of staying up.

Sigh

That's where we went wrong this season, don't have a core and the rest are good enough to supplement a championship side not a premier one.

Should we get promoted who from the current squad would you have in your first eleven?

Just how many would you seriously want on the bench, most just aren't good enough as shown this season.

Wasyl even older.

Hammond too old.

Knocky will leave.

Did I just read that Nugent didn't set the division alight last season?

Wow. I'm not sure if your just trying to wind people up or actually being serious.

Name players you think are good enough for another shot at the Premier?

Name players you think are good enough to get us promoted next season.

We are very short on decent players and don't forget we were very lucky last season with injuries, probably used fewer players than most clubs last season.

Wasyl even older.

Hammond too old.

Knocky will leave.

They might leave and they might not leave. Why would you stick with players not good enough this season? Because it's a different league and they have both proven themselves good enough for that league.

The squad, as I have stated a number of times could be...

Kasper

Simpson Wes Moore De Laet

Albrighton Drinkwater James Schlupp

Nugent Vardy

Schwarzer, King, Hammond, Lawrence, Ulloa

And that presumes Knockaert, Mahrez, Kramaric, Cambiasso, Was, Upson, Konch all leave.

His goals from open play were well down on the season before, next season he will be 2 years older, there's a reason he didn't get offered a 4 year contract.

I'm done with this thread now. Its ridiculous. 

Sigh

That's where we went wrong this season, don't have a core and the rest are good enough to supplement a championship side not a premier one.

Should we get promoted who from the current squad would you have in your first eleven?

Just how many would you seriously want on the bench, most just aren't good enough as shown this season.

You buy the core when you go up, something we failed to do adequately this season. We've been close in most games this season, we've not been hugely outclassed other than in a few games. It's quite clear to most people we are fairly close but lacking a bit of quality in certain areas.

Anyway this is pointless.

They might leave and they might not leave. Why would you stick with players not good enough this season? Because it's a different league and they have both proven themselves good enough for that league.

The squad, as I have stated a number of times could be...

Kasper

Simpson Wes Moore De Laet

Albrighton Drinkwater James Schlupp

Nugent Vardy

Schwarzer, King, Hammond, Lawrence, Ulloa

And that presumes Knockaert, Mahrez, Kramaric, Cambiasso, Was, Upson, Konch all leave.

So you are playing a poor right back on the left.

Albrighton will leave if NFP is still here.

Hammond will be how old?

Your cover in midfield for a great pairing of drinks/James (and I think James could leave) is King?

Do you seriously think that squad is good enough?

You buy the core when you go up, something we failed to do adequately this season. We've been close in most games this season, we've not been hugely outclassed other than in a few games. It's quite clear to most people we are fairly close but lacking a bit of quality in certain areas.

Certain areas?

Both full backs

The centre backs

The lack of a central midfield

A lack of goals

A lack of premier quality goalkeepers.

I know you buy replacements when you go up but you have to have 5 players who are capable of making the step up at least.

Guest MattP

I gave up long a time ago. I've never seen a person see football so black and white.

Hammond will be how old?

Your cover in midfield for a great pairing of drinks/James (and I think James could leave) is King?

No I'm point out how you could fill a team with what we'd have left. But what I will say, is that he wasn't poor last year was he? In fact, he was very good last year along with the rest of them.

You don't know what will happen with Albrighton.

Hammond will be 32. Leaving him and King as cover for the other two, exactly as it was last year when we got 100+ points.

Do I seriously think that squad is good enough? The starting 11 contains 10 players who got promoted last season, with some good squad players. Of course it will need some extra players adding to it, which we should have the money to do.

Certain areas?

Both full backs

The centre backs

The lack of a central midfield

A lack of goals

A lack of premier quality goalkeepers.

No you're right we're lacking in every single area, all the players are shit and that's why we're hammered in every game and never in with a chance.

No you're right we're lacking in every single area, all the players are shit and that's why we're hammered in every game and never in with a chance.

There we go, i think that's what he wanted to hear.  :nuge:

Its like explaining football to my 3 year old son.

Your 3 year old may at least have a go at naming those he thinks good enough for Premier football.

Something you have failed to do.

The problem on this board is that many of you still think we have been unlucky this season.

We've been bottom for months because we don't have a defence capable of stopping others from scoring and we don't have a squad ever set up to actually attack and score more goals than the opposition.

A few kept pointing out pre season that the squad wasn't good enough. If we'd still been in the championship and bought the summer recruitments I'd have been happy, never thought they were premier players but apparently it's ok to just improve your bench. It would be if you had a first eleven if premier quality players, something we were clearly lacking in.

Hammond will be how old?

RDL has looked fine on the left, besides he'll likely be the starting RB w/ Schlupp or a replacement 1 as LB (Chilwell really can take the step up replacing Konch)

Albrighton won't be leaving after signing a 4 year deal, he's bought into the building process - he won't force a move out just cause he isn't playing.

Hammond won't be that old, he plays deep and defensive, doesn't require a 25 year olds legs, especially if we're aiming to be up there in the top 2 next season.

King is still a very solid attacking player, don't forget that.

RDL has looked fine on the left, besides he'll likely be the starting RB w/ Schlupp or a replacement 1 as LB (Chilwell really can take the step up replacing Konch)

Albrighton won't be leaving after signing a 4 year deal, he's bought into the building process - he won't force a move out just cause he isn't playing.

Hammond won't be that old, he plays deep and defensive, doesn't require a 25 year olds legs, especially if we're aiming to be up their in the top 2 next season.

King is still a very solid attacking player, don't forget that.

RDL is forced to cut in when you play him there, every manger and defender will know that.

Why would Albrighton stay when the manager clearly has no confidence in him or has fallen out with him.

Archived