Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Is Nigel Pearson the new Jose Mourinho?

He doesn't though, Mourinhio dictates what the press conference focuses on, Pearson just tries not to talk about certain things yet does anyway. Mourinhio puts pressure on the refs and other managers whereas Pearson just puts pressure on himself.

he has been in desperate need of some media training since he joined us, and it has been a serious error to allow him in front of the baying mob of premier league sports journalists without any.

His distaste for the profession is clear and he sadly can't help himself from biting at their questions, it should be irrelevant to how we perform on the pitch but football is a showpiece with massive global interest and revenue and the figurehead of our club swearing and being surly is not going to be appreciated.

No. He's genuinely a c*ck.

Know him well do you?

It's hard to argue he hasn't been a bit of a nob this season but I'd imagine Pearson outside of the media seems like he's a laugh.

Your talking like we have been bottom since November because of luck, we have been bottom because we don't know how to win.

The results and table don't lie, ok in some games we have been unlucky, and some games we have played well for us and lost, but the truth is, we are in the worst league position, because we don't get the results, and have been beaten by the teams around us, barring once against villa, and once against hull.

I think I'm talking to somebody who will call black, white if it means defending Pearson, with comments like his antics are nothing.

Telling a fan to **** of and die, not normal for any manager, not to speak to a local press, probably has happened before, still petty and childish, and abusing national press, and the arrogants he shows, unwise, and he's become odd.

Strangling an opposition player, and then saying to the press, I can look after myself, odd, and odd.

And if your telling me this is all for the good of the team, I wouldn't like to see what you would class as bad for the team.

Same shit different day.

Theres no point discussing anything with anybody who believes Pearson strangled somebody and won't speak to the local press.

In no way do I think we don't deserve to be at this end of the table, nor did I suggest it.

Whilst we're on the topic of seemingly bizarre comparisons, I always had Pearson down as more of a Wenger.

Both are in charge of teams that are not performing as well as expected, both have pretty impressive track records with these teams, both face huge criticism from their own fan base, albeit sometimes justifiably, both look to utilise unknowns and smaller name signings more often than big names, both have squads that place emphasis on depth, togetherness and development. I know these may be quite ambiguous points but if we're going to compare Pearson to anyone, I think Wenger would be a more likely answer. 

Is it really a surprise that Wenger, himself, has declared his support for Pearson?

Surely if he resembles any manager or managers it has to be Irvine, Lambert and Poyet.

All three failing their teams unable to string any sort of results together no matter what team they played or formation etc

Only difference being those three were sacked after a succession of poor results and a danger of their teams dropping out of the premier league. As we know Pearson is still here.

To compare him to Mourinho or Wenger is an insult to both. Arsenal certainly are not failing this season.

Same shit different day.

Theres no point discussing anything with anybody who believes Pearson strangled somebody and won't speak to the local press.

In no way do I think we don't deserve to be at this end of the table, nor did I suggest it.

lol why did both not happen, was it all a dream.

Think it's best we don't discuss then, you have your believes, and I have mine, and it's clear we will never agree.

I think he very definitely intends to take the pressure from the players at the press conferences and i can see the comparison your making....but, there are a couple of problems.

1) he doesnt have the record to back up the arrogance, and he (and the media) knows that.

2) He isnt able to handle the pressure and his temper as well.

IMO, he could possibly be more appropriately referred to as the "Championship Mourinho"

GUILLEM BALAGUÉ

Seguir en twitter

Seguir @GuillemBalague

24 de marzo de 2015 00:14

Entretenimiento. Ya tenemos al entrenador de la temporada. Nigel Pearson. No digo ni el mejor ni el más efectivo ni el que ha sacado más brillo a su plantilla. Sino el más destacado. El que más entretenimiento ha dado a la prensa inglesa. No hablamos de fútbol, claro; si lo hiciéramos, mencionaríamos que su equipo, el Leicester, lleva sólo cuatro victorias esta temporada. No han ganado un encuentro desde principios de enero, ha marcado 27 goles en 29 partidos y han perdido cinco de los últimos siete.

Agarrar del cuello. Pero el tipo ha llenado las páginas de los diarios. A veces los clubes ingleses que no están en Liverpool, Manchester o Londres se quejan de que la prensa nacional no les dedica el suficiente espacio. A no ser que haya pasado algo muy malo. Como que el entrenador decida coger del cuello a un jugador rival. Pero no por casualidad, ni un segundo solo, sino que lo mantenga agarrado en el suelo como una película de mafiosos de esas que van directamente a vídeo (¿se dice así todavía?). Eso le hizo Pearson al jugador del Crystal Palace James McArthur.

Marcha atrás. A Pearson le despidieron y le devolvieron a su puesto en una misma noche, y se peleó verbalmente con Lineker que es como darse de mamporrazos con Bambi. Además ayudó a que un Leicester-Man. United se convirtiera en el partido más divertido del año en una Premier League de capa caída, un 5-3 en el que pasó de todo. Y consiguió hacer lo que seguramente han soñado en hacer muchos entrenadores: le llamó ‘gilipollas’ a un periodista que se atrevió a decir que la campaña no estaba yendo del todo bien. ¡Cómo se atreve!

La Prensa. La prensa se ha fijado un poco menos en sus tácticas absurdas. Necesitado de goles, ha dejado en el banquillo al ex del Almería Ulloa, máximo goleador del equipo hasta Navidades, para poner a otros delanteros, alguno de ellos con un tanto en todo el curso. Ya se sabe que la prensa sensacionalista enfoca sus esfuerzos en la controversia y las grandes personalidades, y desde esos dos ángulos se explica el fútbol. Del Clásico se ha hablado más de las simulaciones que del nuevo estilo del Barça o del buen trabajo defensivo del Madrid durante 50 minutos. Esa obsesión por acusar al fútbol español de tramposo no es saludable. En lugar de fijarse en las cosas que explican el juego para aprender, se empeñan en insistir en aspectos del partido que demuestran su superioridad moral.

Insulto. A lo que iba. Pearson, el hombre que llamó arrogante a un árbitro, el que le dijo a uno de sus hinchas que se “fuera tomar por...” y que “te mueras” y a otro que si no le gustaba como jugaba el equipo que no viniera a verlos, Entrenador de la temporada. Y al presidente que le escogió, hombre del año.

Anyone fancy translating this piece posted above - in today's AS written by Balague.

GUILLEM BALAGUÉ

Seguir en twitter

Seguir @GuillemBalague

24 de marzo de 2015 00:14

Entretenimiento. Ya tenemos al entrenador de la temporada. Nigel Pearson. No digo ni el mejor ni el más efectivo ni el que ha sacado más brillo a su plantilla. Sino el más destacado. El que más entretenimiento ha dado a la prensa inglesa. No hablamos de fútbol, claro; si lo hiciéramos, mencionaríamos que su equipo, el Leicester, lleva sólo cuatro victorias esta temporada. No han ganado un encuentro desde principios de enero, ha marcado 27 goles en 29 partidos y han perdido cinco de los últimos siete.

Agarrar del cuello. Pero el tipo ha llenado las páginas de los diarios. A veces los clubes ingleses que no están en Liverpool, Manchester o Londres se quejan de que la prensa nacional no les dedica el suficiente espacio. A no ser que haya pasado algo muy malo. Como que el entrenador decida coger del cuello a un jugador rival. Pero no por casualidad, ni un segundo solo, sino que lo mantenga agarrado en el suelo como una película de mafiosos de esas que van directamente a vídeo (¿se dice así todavía?). Eso le hizo Pearson al jugador del Crystal Palace James McArthur.

Marcha atrás. A Pearson le despidieron y le devolvieron a su puesto en una misma noche, y se peleó verbalmente con Lineker que es como darse de mamporrazos con Bambi. Además ayudó a que un Leicester-Man. United se convirtiera en el partido más divertido del año en una Premier League de capa caída, un 5-3 en el que pasó de todo. Y consiguió hacer lo que seguramente han soñado en hacer muchos entrenadores: le llamó ‘gilipollas’ a un periodista que se atrevió a decir que la campaña no estaba yendo del todo bien. ¡Cómo se atreve!

La Prensa. La prensa se ha fijado un poco menos en sus tácticas absurdas. Necesitado de goles, ha dejado en el banquillo al ex del Almería Ulloa, máximo goleador del equipo hasta Navidades, para poner a otros delanteros, alguno de ellos con un tanto en todo el curso. Ya se sabe que la prensa sensacionalista enfoca sus esfuerzos en la controversia y las grandes personalidades, y desde esos dos ángulos se explica el fútbol. Del Clásico se ha hablado más de las simulaciones que del nuevo estilo del Barça o del buen trabajo defensivo del Madrid durante 50 minutos. Esa obsesión por acusar al fútbol español de tramposo no es saludable. En lugar de fijarse en las cosas que explican el juego para aprender, se empeñan en insistir en aspectos del partido que demuestran su superioridad moral.

Insulto. A lo que iba. Pearson, el hombre que llamó arrogante a un árbitro, el que le dijo a uno de sus hinchas que se “fuera tomar por...” y que “te mueras” y a otro que si no le gustaba como jugaba el equipo que no viniera a verlos, Entrenador de la temporada. Y al presidente que le escogió, hombre del año.

Anyone fancy translating this piece posted above - in today's AS written by Balague.

He said he's coach of the season for entertainment. lol

So let me get this right - at least one person thinks that Pearson is the new Mourinho and there are others who think that a comparison between Wenger and Pearson is a fair one.

WTF are you people smoking?  I'm sorry, I genuinely like to be respectful but sometimes someone says something so stupid that respect goes out of the window.  If Pearson is even to be mentioned in the same breath as Mourinho or Wenger then we may as well go the whole hog and say that Kramaric is the new Hazard, Ulloa is comparable to Diego Costa, and Matty James is the English Fabregas.

It's not that stupid because they aren't comparing their managerial abilities, success on the pitch, trophy counts, just that there could be a similarity in the way they act to take the heat off their players. It might be crap but never at any point has anyone said they should be compared as managers at the same level.

Archived