Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

Can't blame him. Maybe he isn't good enough for the top flight, maybe he hasn't been given the chance.

But he was a decent player at championship level. But can't blame him for not signing a new deal if he feels that our manager doesn't rate him

I will actually be sad to see him go as I still feel he his young enough to be improve.

What could have been

Pearson hasn't ruined him because of arrogance?

It was always questionable whether Knockaert would make it at this level, for the reason I consistently gave..lack of pace.

What Pearson has done is to stick mainly with some of the players who have been off form for ages.

Mahrez has dropped off.

Cambiasso, in my opinion, has been pants the past few games.

Morgan has been poor pretty much all season.

Simpson stayed in for ages and was dreadful.

What he's not done is to try some of the others out enough. Albrighton hasn't featured much. Knockaert hasn't even come on much as a sub. Drinkwater has appeared very little.

Even when Pearson's tried and tested have been well-off, he's stuck with them mostly. That's not arrogance, that's belief.

Misguided belief on many occasions.

Can we stop with lack of pace

#teddysheringham

#davidbeckham

I'm gonna stop there.

**** it no I'm not

Mata, xavi, iniesta, pirlo, Terry,

Why do we need pace.

Vardy has taken until the last 2 weeks to look anything like a top flight player. He has pace.

Given where we're headed, I'm surprised we aren't trying more to keep him. 

How do you know that we aren't doing a lot to keep him?

He cost 750k-£1m and wasn't on massive wages and he helped us secure the PL riches so even if he left for nowt it's still been a decent bit of business.

Hope he stays but it wouldn't kill me if he left.

I had my doubts he would be able to make the step-up to the Premiership but i still think he deserved a fair chance and he hasn't had that at all.  Shame if he goes, because he is a very good championship player, with great passion but totally understand why he would want to move on. 

I think Tom Lawrence will be our 1st team winger next season if we are in the championship. He is a real talent and I think will be good enough at that level. 

Albrighton too will most likely stay and be a starter if Mahrez does leave, so I am not too gutted at Knocky leaving although would have prefered him to stay and especially not leave on a free!

I said a few weeks ago (in some thread about who would stay) that Knockaert would be off. He's been effectively frozen out of this season. Whether that's right or wrong is open to debate, but it's true.

I doubt we'll see him much more in a City shirt. Or if we did, I'd be surprised anyway.

Shame

Good player imo

Good.

At times hard working & first season especially he had some incredible moments; however last season he was pretty damn average, greedy on the ball & wasn't engaging his brain properly.

I'll happily thank him for his first season with us, but of what he has done since meh!

Are you serious? Lawrence has looked so out of his depth it's painful.....

Also do you think Albrighton, Mahrez or even Schlupp for that matter will be here next season.

I read that he did well playing out of position on his debut vs Newcastle in the cup, and I thought he performed well when he came on vs Hull. didn't look out of depth at all on his two appearances - one as a CM because of an early injury, and one as a RW without a RB behind him, while still creating chances down that right side which looked the most likely to break Hull down.

Knockaert hasn't done anything in his appearances this year to suggest he deserves a place in the 18, let alone 11 - if anyone has looked out of depth, i'm afraid it's Knockaert.

I think all three will likely stay, as the club doesn't need to sell their prised assets.

Are you serious? Lawrence has looked so out of his depth it's painful.....

Also do you think Albrighton, Mahrez or even Schlupp for that matter will be here next season.

I wouldn't write of Lawrence just yet,for someone so inexperienced he has made mistakes,yet he has shown on occasions that he is quite talented.

Next season in the championship will really show us what he is all about.

Elliott said on the infamous RL show last night that we've been lacking a 'number 10' this season.....Could have done worse than to give Anthony the odd shot, rather than giving him a couple of games in his less preferred wing role, then dumping him after he didn't shine!!

The didn't shine bit is the weirdest thing about Nigel's selections this season. Hamer looked okay, got dropped!!!!! Others players that look average ..... oh have another go! Knocky - have the weekend off.

I read that he did well playing out of position on his debut vs Newcastle in the cup, and I thought he performed well when he came on vs Hull. didn't look out of depth at all on his two appearances - one as a CM because of an early injury, and one as a RW without a RB behind him, while still creating chances down that right side which looked the most likely to break Hull down.

Knockaert hasn't done anything in his appearances this year to suggest he deserves a place in the 18, let alone 11 - if anyone has looked out of depth, i'm afraid it's Knockaert.

I think all three will likely stay, as the club doesn't need to sell their prised assets.

Newcastle he was okay, Hull he was ****ing dreadful. Tony has ability at the end of the day, forget this bullshit about his pace if a player has ability you find ways to accommodate them. For me Tony has done a damn site more for this club that the wonderful Mahrez, who's abject performances are becoming rather tedious.....

Ideally a winger either has pace to drive past defenders or guile to trick their way past them.  Knocky is neither blessed with great pace or great guile, but he does attack defenders and can cause them problems.  He was much more effective at this in the Championship but that doesn't mean he can't develop further.  Add to that his passion for the game, the fact that he usually puts in a good shift and defends as well as attacks.  So IMO he is a useful utility player in our current position, and would be an asset should we be relegated.  I would be sorry to see him go.

What hurts the most is, we're not talking about a player who can't get in a team because the quality is much higher now and there's no room for him. We've several players who've been way out of their depth and we're bottom of the league. The fact he's not even been an option off the bench when we've been crying out for more supply to our strikers and not more strikers on the pitch is just farcical.

Given where we're headed, I'm surprised we aren't trying more to keep him.

As I've said before, almost every out of contract players signed a new one in the summer other than Knockaert... perhaps, just perhaps he declined the offer of a new contract or even refused negotiations.

People are always very quick to point the blame at the management and the club, when there are two sides to the coin. If the above is the case, then that along with his article over the summer about being a stepping stone and just giving us three years before moving on, could be part of the reason as to why he has been sidelined somewhat. That along with the fact he's as slow as me with a pulled hamstring.

Would be disappointed to see him leave. Think he's been greatly under-used this season and now is around the time that he should be used to give him the remaining games to get a bit of Premier League experience with the view to possibly returning in a year or two. The same applies to Moore IMO - get him back, give him the game time ahead of Upson to allow him a bit more experience at this level.

Archived