Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

http://m.mercato365.com/article-1220876.shtml

South Info, Anthony Knockaert, offensive midfielder for Leicester City, would discuss with Standard Liège.

Free next June, Anthony Knockaert (age 23), a midfielder for Leicester City, could continue his career in Belgium. Playtime at the Foxes evil, former Guingampais would be in contact with Standard Liège, where evolve including Ricardo Faty, Adrien Trébel and Yohann Thuram. According to South Info, international french hopes would have already visited the Rouches facilities and negotiations have been launched.

I said a few weeks ago (in some thread about who would stay) that Knockaert would be off. He's been effectively frozen out of this season. Whether that's right or wrong is open to debate, but it's true.

I doubt we'll see him much more in a City shirt. Or if we did, I'd be surprised anyway.

We won't make an instant return without a Knockeart or Mahrez, having both of them in the second half of last season saw us over the line.

Christ, I'm not gunna bother going next season then. Cheers. 

EDIT: 'a' being the key here, should really bother to read things properly lol

Gutted about this. Whilst he's not had his best season (argubaly he's not been given much of a chance), he's one of the few players we have who can create something from nothing and would be invauable if/when we do go down.

Massive shame although entirey predictible.

You dont freeze someone out for a year, and then all of a sudden expect them to become integral to your plans the season after.

Potentially for him too, a move to a club that are sitting 4th in the Belgian Jupiler must be pretty tempting too.

If he does go, we will remember him as an integral part of our 102 point season.

Elliott said on the infamous RL show last night that we've been lacking a 'number 10' this season.....Could have done worse than to give Anthony the odd shot, rather than giving him a couple of games in his less preferred wing role, then dumping him after he didn't shine!!

We never tried him there last season and even after after promotion was achieved, GTF was preferred helping to top up his games so he got a new contract for this season. Some of the decisions are just staggering.

I thought we were in discussions with him.

If he does go, I want to thank him for giving us one of the best moments in Leicester City history - that goal against Forest. Fvck what happened in the play-offs after that. That goal against Forest was insane.

I think Tom Lawrence has looked better in his time on the pitch than Knockaert has this season.

Remember that dreadful League Cup appearance?

If Knockaert goes - I think we're in safe hands with Albrighton / Schlupp / Lawrence and potentially Mahrez on the wings - especially with Vardy starting to emerge as an effective Left sided player, his loss isn't irreplaceable.

Knockaert is so far down the pecking order as an attacking player, and I think it's been fully justified this season. He only managed to get so many games on the right side last season because there was very little competition, the sale of Marshall made it Knockaert's to lose. He lost it to Mahrez' stronger side this season and towards the end of last season, and Schlupp developing as an effective left winger also keeps Knockaert way down the list.

Sorry to burst your bubble - I do think he's an effective player and would like to see him in the 18 next season, but the reality is he'll go and do well elsewhere, an admirable servant to the club in his tenure on the wing.

Archived