Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

I think Tom Lawrence has looked better in his time on the pitch than Knockaert has this season.

Remember that dreadful League Cup appearance?

If Knockaert goes - I think we're in safe hands with Albrighton / Schlupp / Lawrence and potentially Mahrez on the wings - especially with Vardy starting to emerge as an effective Left sided player, his loss isn't irreplaceable.

Knockaert is so far down the pecking order as an attacking player, and I think it's been fully justified this season. He only managed to get so many games on the right side last season because there was very little competition, the sale of Marshall made it Knockaert's to lose. He lost it to Mahrez' stronger side this season and towards the end of last season, and Schlupp developing as an effective left winger also keeps Knockaert way down the list.

Sorry to burst your bubble - I do think he's an effective player and would like to see him in the 18 next season, but the reality is he'll go and do well elsewhere, an admirable servant to the club in his tenure on the wing.

Do you think albrighton and Mahrez will be here next season?

Do you think albrighton and Mahrez will be here next season?

Albrighton signed a 4 year contract, and I can't see us selling him on to a Premier League team after this very ineffectual season unless a newly promoted one is willing to pay 3m+. He's looked good for us coming on from the bench, would still like to see more of him this season, for me Albrighton stays regardless of manager/player relations.

Mahrez has his spells of poor form, and I think the scouting teams sniffing him will notice this - unless we get an offer of 7m+ (I wouldn't sell for anything less than 9m tbh) I think he stays and improves his game with a full season in the Championship. 

His likely destination would probably be a mid table French / Spanish team though I think.

Albrighton signed a 4 year contract, and I can't see us selling him on to a Premier League team after this very ineffectual season unless a newly promoted one is willing to pay 3m+. He's looked good for us coming on from the bench, would still like to see more of him this season, for me Albrighton stays regardless of manager/player relations.

Mahrez has his spells of poor form, and I think the scouting teams sniffing him will notice this - unless we get an offer of 7m+ (I wouldn't sell for anything less than 9m tbh) I think he stays and improves his game with a full season in the Championship. 

His likely destination would probably be a mid table French / Spanish team though I think.

We'll get around £3 million for Mahrez.

http://m.mercato365.com/article-1220876.shtml

South Info, Anthony Knockaert, offensive attacking midfielder for Leicester City, would discuss reportedly in negotiations with Standard Liège.

Free next June, Anthony Knockaert (age 23), an attacking midfielder for Leicester City, could continue his career in Belgium. Playtime at the Foxes evil Short of playing time for the Foxes, the former Guingampais Guingamp player would be is reportedly in contact with Standard Liège, where evolve including whose players include Ricardo Faty, Adrien Trébel and Yohann Thuram. According to South Info, international french hopes the former French U21 player would have has already visited the Rouches Belgian Reds' facilities and negotiations have been launched.

Always employ a proper, HUMAN translator - and pay him the going rate next time; no more freebies!  ;)

Well done Pearson.. Another player you've ruined because of your arrogance!!..

Pearson hasn't ruined him because of arrogance?

It was always questionable whether Knockaert would make it at this level, for the reason I consistently gave..lack of pace.

What Pearson has done is to stick mainly with some of the players who have been off form for ages.

Mahrez has dropped off.

Cambiasso, in my opinion, has been pants the past few games.

Morgan has been poor pretty much all season.

Simpson stayed in for ages and was dreadful.

What he's not done is to try some of the others out enough. Albrighton hasn't featured much. Knockaert hasn't even come on much as a sub. Drinkwater has appeared very little.

Even when Pearson's tried and tested have been well-off, he's stuck with them mostly. That's not arrogance, that's belief.

Misguided belief on many occasions.

I think Tom Lawrence has looked better in his time on the pitch than Knockaert has this season.

Remember that dreadful League Cup appearance?

If Knockaert goes - I think we're in safe hands with Albrighton / Schlupp / Lawrence and potentially Mahrez on the wings - especially with Vardy starting to emerge as an effective Left sided player, his loss isn't irreplaceable.

Knockaert is so far down the pecking order as an attacking player, and I think it's been fully justified this season. He only managed to get so many games on the right side last season because there was very little competition, the sale of Marshall made it Knockaert's to lose. He lost it to Mahrez' stronger side this season and towards the end of last season, and Schlupp developing as an effective left winger also keeps Knockaert way down the list.

Sorry to burst your bubble - I do think he's an effective player and would like to see him in the 18 next season, but the reality is he'll go and do well elsewhere, an admirable servant to the club in his tenure on the wing.

Are you serious? Lawrence has looked so out of his depth it's painful.....

Also do you think Albrighton, Mahrez or even Schlupp for that matter will be here next season.

Another player that's not had a look in. He does lack a bit of pace but has plenty of quality when on the ball and takes a decent freekick and corner which we have been lacking with all season.

I for one will be sorry to see him go because he's the sort of player that will get you out of your seat and do something unexpected which we don't have enough of in this team.

Shame, he could have been a big player again next season with Mahrez likely to leave. Unless we bring in a new winger or two we'll be significantly weaker in those positions next season than we were last. Could be the difference between bouncing back and not.

Can see it happening. Wouldn't be any less disappointed. Thought the signing of him was something completely new from Pearson and I took to it immediately. Created a lot of memories considering how long he's been here.

Archived