Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thanks4nothinglevein

We Can STILL STAY UP... BELIEVE!

9 Games left - 6 at Home & 3 WINNABLE Away fixtures.

Yes our form in terms of results is utterly atrocious but our run-in could be a lot worse and our performances have got to turn into wins sooner rather than later!

Don't give up the hope yet... The lads need us the fans to stick with them in the last 9 matches. COME ON CITY! :scarf:

I admire your optimism and a small part of me thinks we can do it but the teams we have left to play we have only taken 2 points from in the reverse fixtures. That is shocking. We have the worst home form in the league and barely score at home. So it will take a massive change in form to even look like we may stay up. I will still go to the games and support the team in the small hope we can make a good go of survival but my head has already accepted relegation.

Imagine the scenes on the final day if we beat QPR and stay up though. Would be incredible

I'm joining the bandwagon too. 

The 2015 form says that 31 points will be enough; that's 4 wins. Similarly, if you use the season points per game that's 32 points. 

People will use the previous performances against these teams as an indicator that we can't do it. There's a slight difference though in that we are playing a lot of mid-table sides who increasingly have nothing to play for. Playing Swansea, Newcastle and Southampton when we do is a godsend. All three teams are likely to be on holiday mode. 

Add to that the away games - let's go through our performances against them at home. Sunderland - there was little between us and we had the better chances. Burnley - last minute goal brainfart. West Brom - lucky own goal wins for them. 

I hoping Saturday's performance gave the players some belief at the very least. As what I've been told that belief was totally missing against Hull. 

I'm joining the bandwagon too.

The 2015 form says that 31 points will be enough; that's 4 wins. Similarly, if you use the season points per game that's 32 points.

People will use the previous performances against these teams as an indicator that we can't do it. There's a slight difference though in that we are playing a lot of mid-table sides who increasingly have nothing to play for. Playing Swansea, Newcastle and Southampton when we do is a godsend. All three teams are likely to be on holiday mode.

Add to that the away games - let's go through our performances against them at home. Sunderland - there was little between us and we had the better chances. Burnley - last minute goal brainfart. West Brom - lucky own goal wins for them.

I hoping Saturday's performance gave the players some belief at the very least. As what I've been told that belief was totally missing against Hull.

Unfortunately the last 2 games have been a repeat of the rest of the season, bloody awful against the teams we need to beat and a spirited display against the better teams.

I'm still hoping we can do it but don't expect us to.

I genuinely think we'll beat West Ham.

We aren't far off. There's just something wrong?

Personally, I'd drop Cambiasso and get a midfield full of energy. James playing behind Drinkwater and King in the middle. Sort that middle of the park out and I think we'll win a few.

The problem?

Pearson won't do it.

I still have hope, ridiculous though it might sound, because I think our performances - in general - have been better than our results. Last weekend, Spurs won with a dodgy penalty and two rebounds, and none of their goals was a patch on either Vardy's or Nugent's. We were admittedly poor against Hull, but they were little better, and their run-in is the stuff of nightmares. Against Man City we were denied at least one, and arguably two, clear-cut penalties, and we really should have beaten Everton. If we keep playing that way, there is hope. 

We do need to start winning, though, and very soon - ie, against West Ham.

I genuinely think we'll beat West Ham.

We aren't far off. There's just something wrong?

Personally, I'd drop Cambiasso and get a midfield full of energy. James playing behind Drinkwater and King in the middle. Sort that middle of the park out and I think we'll win a few.

The problem?

Pearson won't do it.

The one midfielder that can pass a ball. Hope not

Maybe I would agree with you if the owners had the bottle to carry on through with the sacking of Pearson or done it earlier. I called for him to go and was shot down when said that Pardew, Pulis or Sherwood would get us out of the mess....just look at the jobs they have done and we are stuck with the arrogant, deluded Pearson.... sorry but am in a bad mood today and feel we have wasted a massive opportunity this season

Our next four games....... West Ham, West Brom, Swansea and Burnley.

IF we got 9/10 points out of those we will have a great chance. We can do this.

I can't help but think we have so many confidence players and one win could set us off on a run.

The one midfielder that can pass a ball. Hope not

Nah.

Drinkwater can pass a ball fine. We saw it last season. And King is the best passer of the ball at the club IMO

Cambiasso ain't working. I can see it.

The midfield needs sorting out.

Just my opinion bud.

Nah.

Drinkwater can pass a ball fine. We saw it last season. And King is the best passer of the ball at the club IMO

Just my opinion bud.

I dunno mate. Drinkwater doesn't get the time on the ball he did last season. He was my favourite player by a mile last season.

I've been impressed with Cambiasso but feel he'd be better suited in a 3 man midfield

The op and this topic reminds me of the Gulf war when the Iraq minister of defence was speaking to the news cameras saying things like, we are winning the war etc, etc and the yanks aren't in Baghdad yet, camera pans begind him and a yankie tank rolls on by? Classic.

I would love us to stay up as I support Lcfc however, as Col has alluded too in order for that to happen somthing has to change because it ain't working at the moment. Maybe James and Cambiasso isn't working neither Morgan at the heart of the defence. Pearson won't change that ever.

Another thought when we go down the thought of Upson and Morgan playing at the back next season as our centreback pairings fills me with dread.

Nah.

Just my opinion bud.

I love Cambiasso but i do believe you may be onto something. Playing both Cambiasso and James doesnt really tell us who has what role to play. Both players seem to get forward and yet neither looks like the defensive unit we need.

For me its no coincidence that when Hammond played we actually looked more solid. We need to designate a DM and keep him there. I honestly believe we would have picked up more points if Hammond was fit all season. Not because he is some ultra talented footballer but quite simply going back to basics and having one player with the simple job of protecting the back 4 and not venturing forward.

This is why a 5 man midfield is a much better idea than 5 at the back. Have a DM (whether it be Hammond or James) and a combination between Cambiasso/Drinkwater/King in front and we would have been a better organised team imo 

Nah.

Just my opinion bud.

****-shock horror -***** Col turns a positive thread into an anti Cambiasso thread.... *yawn*

I love Cambiasso but i do believe you may be onto something. Playing both Cambiasso and James doesnt really tell us who has what role to play. Both players seem to get forward and yet neither looks like the defensive unit we need.

For me its no coincidence that when Hammond played we actually looked more solid. We need to designate a DM and keep him there. I honestly believe we would have picked up more points if Hammond was fit all season. Not because he is some ultra talented footballer but quite simply going back to basics and having one player with the simple job of protecting the back 4 and not venturing forward.

This is why a 5 man midfield is a much better idea than 5 at the back. Have a DM (whether it be Hammond or James) and a combination between Cambiasso/Drinkwater/King in front and we would have been a better organised team imo 

Spot on!

No chance, the statistics up to this point are completely against us and if you include that bad run 2 years ago when we only just scrapped into the play-offs and were ultimately undone by a classy Watford side you'll know that Pearson just hasn't got the experience at this level. He should be on the pitch banging them in from the edge of his own box.

****-shock horror -***** Col turns a positive thread into an anti Cambiasso thread.... *yawn*

And I made a positive post..that we can win a few. But to do so, I'd change things.

It's clear we need to tweek. Not much IMO (we ain't far off).

And I said how I'd tweek it.

Archived