Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thanks4nothinglevein

We Can STILL STAY UP... BELIEVE!

No chance, the statistics up to this point are completely against us and if you include that bad run 2 years ago when we only just scrapped into the play-offs and were ultimately undone by a classy Watford side you'll know that Pearson just hasn't got the experience at this level. He should be on the pitch banging them in from the edge of his own box.

This has nothing to do with anything, its the level below the premier league, which we completely blew away the season after, so evidently he does have experience at that level.

Me before game - we can do this, not much in it and a win will kick start our year.

Me after game - that's it all over, no chance now.

Currently back in the pre game mode and can't wait till next Saturday. I must just be an optimist but at least it keeps those depressive relegation thoughts away aittle longer.

Started this topic this morning and the genreral consensus of replies seems to be that I'm not the only one who thinks we CAN DO IT!

Even Merse reckons we have a chance and for him to say that with us rooted to the bottom 7 points from safety mirrors my thoughts that we're not a million miles off! (In his Relegation Predictions Link on Sky Sports)

No point in going to the games negative.. might as well not support us if you have that mindset. Granted our position is far from ideal but stranger things have happened with Harder Run-ins than ours!

I fancy us to take something from all 3 Away games.

I think we can beat West Ham, Newcastle & QPR. Maybe draw win against Swansea & potentially lose against Chelsea & Saints.

BELIEVE!

I think if we can beat West Ham next weekend and close the gap, then it will give us the belief!

we're not far away, we just need a win, then i think we can string a few results together.

I said right at the start of the season that I can see it going down to that last game at home to Q.P.R.

I really think we can do it!

I think if we can beat West Ham next weekend and close the gap, then it will give us the belief!

we're not far away, we just need a win, then i think we can string a few results together.

I said right at the start of the season that I can see it going down to that last game at home to Q.P.R.

I really think we can do it!

Good man so do I!! :scarf:

Me before game - we can do this, not much in it and a win will kick start our year.

Me after game - that's it all over, no chance now.

Currently back in the pre game mode and can't wait till next Saturday. I must just be an optimist but at least it keeps those depressive relegation thoughts away aittle longer.

This makes me laugh. Exactly how I am.

I admire your optimism and a small part of me thinks we can do it but the teams we have left to play we have only taken 2 points from in the reverse fixtures. That is shocking. We have the worst home form in the league and barely score at home. So it will take a massive change in form to even look like we may stay up. I will still go to the games and support the team in the small hope we can make a good go of survival but my head has already accepted relegation.

Imagine the scenes on the final day if we beat QPR and stay up though. Would be incredible

Was Paul Merson right all along? 

"Leicester is a lovely place and a beautiful ground – I’ve played there – and I just fear teams will turn up and want to play there. There’s no fear factor."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9409864/paul-mersons-premier-league-season-201415-predictions

:thumbup:  :o

I love Cambiasso but i do believe you may be onto something. Playing both Cambiasso and James doesnt really tell us who has what role to play. Both players seem to get forward and yet neither looks like the defensive unit we need.

For me its no coincidence that when Hammond played we actually looked more solid. We need to designate a DM and keep him there. I honestly believe we would have picked up more points if Hammond was fit all season. Not because he is some ultra talented footballer but quite simply going back to basics and having one player with the simple job of protecting the back 4 and not venturing forward.

This is why a 5 man midfield is a much better idea than 5 at the back. Have a DM (whether it be Hammond or James) and a combination between Cambiasso/Drinkwater/King in front and we would have been a better organised team imo 

Team definitely get better results with Dean Hammond playing, in the 10 games he's played we picked up 13 points, in the 19 he hasn't played we got just 5. Incidentally with Hamer in goal we picked up 10 points in the 8 he played and 9 points in the 21 he hasn't played in!

Oh and we've only had 3 games with both Hammond and Hamer playing. One nil victory away at Stoke, one nil victory home to Villa and in my opinion our best performance of the season a 2.2 draw away to Liverpool. Makes you think!

Team definitely get better results with Dean Hammond playing, in the 10 games he's played we picked up 13 points, in the 19 he hasn't played we got just 5. Incidentally with Hamer in goal we picked up 10 points in the 8 he played and 9 points in the 21 he hasn't played in!

Oh and we've only had 3 games with both Hammond and Hamer playing. One nil victory away at Stoke, one nil victory home to Villa and in my opinion our best performance of the season a 2.2 draw away to Liverpool. Makes you think!

Interesting stats. Not sure about Hamer though. All 3 of our keepers have strength and weaknesses in different areas. He was awful against Stoke. Surely though us getting 13 points with Hammond on the pitch must mean something. To me it means it allows our forward minded midfielders to push on and create chances for us. Will be interesting to see if Hammond gets back on the pitch before the end of the season. I for one cant see it. 

I genuinely think we'll beat West Ham.

We aren't far off. There's just something wrong?

Personally, I'd drop Cambiasso and get a midfield full of energy. James playing behind Drinkwater and King in the middle. Sort that middle of the park out and I think we'll win a few.

The problem?

Pearson won't do it.

I'm with you on West Ham, I thought we would beat Everton pre-match and just missed out.. but West Ham is just as winnable at home.

Don't think Pearson will drop Cambiasso, so I won't pick up on that - but we do need a strong attacking game plan like Tottenham.

I was at the reverse fixture and thought we were unfortunate to leave with nothing, Konchesky's terrible back pass and Downing's quality killed us yeah, but we had the majority of chances in the game IIRC, Nugent came very close twice, as did Ulloa from point blank range - was also one of the few games (possibly the only game) this season where we've had more possession than the opposition. 

Win against West Ham and it all changes.

I'm with you on West Ham, I thought we would beat Everton pre-match and just missed out.. but West Ham is just as winnable at home.

Don't think Pearson will drop Cambiasso, so I won't pick up on that - but we do need a strong attacking game plan like Tottenham.

I was at the reverse fixture and thought we were unfortunate to leave with nothing, Konchesky's terrible back pass and Downing's quality killed us yeah, but we had the majority of chances in the game IIRC, Nugent came very close twice, as did Ulloa from point blank range - was also one of the few games (possibly the only game) this season where we've had more possession than the opposition. 

Win against West Ham and it all changes.

Have you both forgotten how rubbish drinkwater has been this season?

Guest CityFan 06

I haven't completely given up hope yet. It's still mathematically possible at this present moment in time. I will continue to support the team and hope for the best outcome for this season.

Archived