Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thanks4nothinglevein

We Can STILL STAY UP... BELIEVE!

The low points requirement is the only thing keeping us in with a shout. We've been needing to reverse our form for months but haven't. Can't see any reason why it's suddenly going to happen now but who knows, one good win, some confidence and some luck and we do have a chance. Could certainly do with Nigel finally discovering his best team and formation.

I genuinely think we'll beat West Ham.

We aren't far off. There's just something wrong?

Personally, I'd drop Cambiasso and get a midfield full of energy. James playing behind Drinkwater and King in the middle. Sort that middle of the park out and I think we'll win a few.

The problem?

Pearson won't do it.

I do agree if we stick to a 2 then Cambi is pretty wasted. He's clearly the most technically gifted, but we do miss a lot of drive and ability to win the ball back that we'd have with a younger lad in there. It's a bit like sticking Kramaric up front by himself to chase down the opposition defence, you can see the class is there but he's not able to show his obvious quality often.

Father Cristmas ...scratch

tooth Fairy ....scratch

Easter bunny ...scratch

Nigel Pearson being a premiership standard manager ....a.scratch

DONT BELIEVE in Fairytales !!!!!

he's managing in the premiership, having earned the right to be there, in my eyes that makes him a premiership standard manager. albeit a novice, struggling, premiership standard manager. I would call you a negative moron, but personal insults are frowned upon!

I do think we've got an excellent run in. It's pretty much all against teams who are struggling like us, or will have nothing to play for. That's the way you'd want it.

The problem is ourselves. I just don't get why we cannot play like we did at the weekend against the likes of Hull, Burnley, QPR etc... what is it? Yes granted, those sides may not give us the space Spurs do, but that isn't everything and we should be capable of beating them on our day.

I think we've left it a bit too late personally. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we go and win three of our last nine or something and still end up relegated.

The fact the entire bottom seven lost at the weekend is even more sickening for us.

Maybe, just maybe though, Pearson might have found the formula. I think Wasilewski for Upson at half time gives me the impression that he'll go with the Pole. Nugent & Vardy, the latter in-particular, look to be hitting a bit of form.

I think it'll take one win for everyone to be believing again, and West Ham are beatable. I don't know if I can take yet another underwhelming display at home, with no goals.

I do think we've got an excellent run in. It's pretty much all against teams who are struggling like us, or will have nothing to play for. That's the way you'd want it.

The problem is ourselves. I just don't get why we cannot play like we did at the weekend against the likes of Hull, Burnley, QPR etc... what is it? Yes granted, those sides may not give us the space Spurs do, but that isn't everything and we should be capable of beating them on our day.

I think we've left it a bit too late personally. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we go and win three of our last nine or something and still end up relegated.

The fact the entire bottom seven lost at the weekend is even more sickening for us.

Maybe, just maybe though, Pearson might have found the formula. I think Wasilewski for Upson at half time gives me the impression that he'll go with the Pole. Nugent & Vardy, the latter in-particular, look to be hitting a bit of form.

I think it'll take one win for everyone to be believing again, and West Ham are beatable. I don't know if I can take yet another underwhelming display at home, with no goals.

Careful, the Pearson-out brigade could eat you alive.

On a serious note, I think you're right with that. Wasilewski adding strength and way more pace than Upson, with Nugent / Vardy linking up extremely well. I actually don't think Ulloa did too bad vs Spurs either, his passing and hold-up play has been way better than in his previous games, would go with Kramaric and play it on the floor though this time.

Nah.

Drinkwater can pass a ball fine. We saw it last season. And King is the best passer of the ball at the club IMO

Cambiasso ain't working. I can see it.

The midfield needs sorting out.

Just my opinion bud.

Still think we're asking too much of Cambiasso and regardless of how good he looks on the ball, his limitations are exposed in a midfield duo. Get him in a three and watch him at his best.

Have we started a game with James, Drinkwater & Cambiasso as the three all season?

Careful, the Pearson-out brigade could eat you alive.

On a serious note, I think you're right with that. Wasilewski adding strength and way more pace than Upson, with Nugent / Vardy linking up extremely well. I actually don't think Ulloa did too bad vs Spurs either, his passing and hold-up play has been way better than in his previous games, would go with Kramaric and play it on the floor though this time.

Good luck to them. I still think a change in manager would be the way forward based on what I've seen of Pearson this season. It's becoming pretty clear though that barring a Sunderland v Villa-like game (ie a total disaster where things get genuinely ugly in the stands etc...) that he'll be here until late May. He's got a chance to turn it around and he might well do it. I don't think he will but there's no point giving up.

he's managing in the premiership, having earned the right to be there, in my eyes that makes him a premiership standard manager. albeit a novice, struggling, premiership standard manager. I would call you a negative moron, but personal insults are frowned upon!

He is managing lol LOL lol

All he is managing is failure in the premiership ...if you finish in bottom Three it's clear evidence you haven't met the standard !!!! He Is NOT premiership standard , that's a fact at this point in time have a look at the table chap :)

Yes Im a moron , moron for wanting to believe he could do it , wanting to believe it was just a blip our form since last September

I'd call you a deluded fool , but personal insults are childish and defo frowned upon

A week before most games I think we can win but when the game is only hours ahead I start getting major doubts and by half time all thoughts have typically been smashed to bits because we just do not win games.

4 wins in the final games and how many have we got so far? It's a tall task and a whole lot of hope but as it's only Thursday, I'm still in denial and think we can win. 

Why is he a negative moron because he says pearson isn't premiership standard.

If pearson was doing a mediocre job, I could agree he was being negative, but seeing as though pearson and his team have had consistently poor results all season, I would call him a realist.

i think your finding it hard to defend pearson now, because your resulting to name calling.

Be lucky to win another game this season.

That's not being negative,that's being realistic.

Those still defending the managerial performance this season raj, would say your being negative.

I'm being positive mate, I'm going for another 5 points, two draws and a win.

Not sure who or where we will get the points from, but remain hopeful lol

Based on what evidence since January have we even looked remotely capable of winning a game - ok maybe Everton away but i cant think of any other.

Our home form is the worst in the entire country and the reverse of these remainder fixtures resulted in a grand total of 2 points! lol

Why is he a negative moron because he says pearson isn't premiership standard.

If pearson was doing a mediocre job, I could agree he was being negative, but seeing as though pearson and his team have had consistently poor results all season, I would call him a realist.

i think your finding it hard to defend pearson now, because your resulting to name calling.

all I know is 80% of the people who are REALLY putting the boot in to pearson (not genuinely criticising his performance) where doing the same thing last season with the coco the clown, badger, bogbrush head comments. they're either trolls or opposition fans.

Would absolutely love 3 points - if we must stick with 5 at the back then we may as well go for it. Drop delaet play Mahrez and Schlupp as wing backs and push either king, dinky or Hammond into the middle.

Stranger things have happened!

Stranger, I doubt.. Unless Elvis is found on The Moon riding Sherger!

all I know is 80% of the people who are REALLY putting the boot in to pearson (not genuinely criticising his performance) where doing the same thing last season with the coco the clown, badger, bogbrush head comments. they're either trolls or opposition fans.

I have been critical, and have not called him names, other than I find the man arrogant, and repetitive when dealing with the press.

But I have been called negative, a pearson hater, the pearson out brigade, so me and other posters are called all the names under the sun, and we are not trolls, or opposition fans.

When in reality me and others are just City fans that are critical of a manager that has had a very, very poor season, but a lot, not all pro pearson supporters just call everyone who question his ability, negative, and other names.

Still think we're asking too much of Cambiasso and regardless of how good he looks on the ball, his limitations are exposed in a midfield duo. Get him in a three and watch him at his best.

Have we started a game with James, Drinkwater & Cambiasso as the three all season?

Hammond--Drinkwater---Cambiasso started against United at home

ERM..Give me one good reason why Pearson shouldn't be getting any criticism in this embarassement of a season???

Those still defending the managerial performance this season raj, would say your being negative.

I'm being positive mate, I'm going for another 5 points, two draws and a win.

Not sure who or where we will get the points from, but remain hopeful lol

Don't get me wrong,obviously I'd love us to win all 10 games,but I'm fed up of going to every game gull of hope and thinking that this game will change our fortune.

Now I'm just accepting the worst...

Archived