Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thanks4nothinglevein

We Can STILL STAY UP... BELIEVE!

I genuinely think we'll beat West Ham.

We aren't far off. There's just something wrong?

Personally, I'd drop Cambiasso and get a midfield full of energy. James playing behind Drinkwater and King in the middle. Sort that middle of the park out and I think we'll win a few.

The problem?

Pearson won't do it.

I agree with most of this.

Cambiasso shouldn't start, no pace and doesn't tackle enough, he's a luxury we can ill afford.

I actually think Pearson will drop him for West Ham. After our performance against Tottenham I'm expecting him to get Vardy and Nugent down the flanks. A probable 4-2-3-1 formation with Ulloa up top and Krameric behind. If he does this then we have to play two solid MF's which will probably be Hammond and James.

We need to start winning sooner rather than later and I just think the Tottenham performance will see him pick Vardy and Nugent down the flanks and the rest of the MF and FW line will just fall into place.

if we'd shown any signs of life and capability of beating the poor sides as of yet this season I'd be all in agreement. That said beat WHam and who knows  :unsure: the false hope would never end then.

Absloutley no way are we going to stay up, I'll keep watching till the bitter end of course but Hull was important and we came up wanting and It'll happen in a lot of our final 9 games as well.

Also it's ok saying 6 home games, one's against Chelsea.

Perhaps, where you come from, the concept of rational thought has been replaced by blind optimism. You have to stick to the facts. Our team is poor and our manager is in psychological meltdown, there is absolutely no way we are going to stay up. You have to drop this its an embarrassment to the club.

People in this thread are deluded.

We "can" stay up. We "could" also sign Messi when we're in the championship. Neither of those things will happen, however.

It's ridiculous to write us off. We probably will get relegated but we have a very realistic chance of surviving, our hope isn't just blind optimism.

We have 19 points and 4 wins but we are still competitive at this level, we aren't just cannon fodder. 

31 points could be enough for survival. That's 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws. Looking at our fixture list it's very much achievable.

It may well look achievable , but not for us it is .

yes people having us winning games against sort of teams we've not been beating all season. 

Absloutley no way are we going to stay up, I'll keep watching till the bitter end of course but Hull was important and we came up wanting and It'll happen in a lot of our final 9 games as well.

Also it's ok saying 6 home games, one's against Chelsea.

Its fine about chelsea, 5 home wins would keep us up haha

Myself and a few others, like col for instants, have been level headed with the criticism of pearson, frustration has shown through in some post, but have still been slated as negative and anti pearson.

I have never been a massive fan of pearson but if you read my post pre season, I was really hoping he was successful and kept us up, but as the season has progressed, it's become clear he's not going to make the grade.

How poorly he's performed his attitude has annoyed me, and I have had no concerns about airing my opinions, on his repatative excuses.

I haveno doubt pearson isn't losing on purpose as you suggested that some posted, but I cannot believe with all the bits and bobs off the pitch, and results on, he hasn't been replaced.

To the point, I wonder whether the owners are as ambitious as they say, I would have thought they would have made a change at Christmas.

I like you and all city fans want to stay up and be successful, if that's with pearson great, but as the season has progressed, it's clear he's not the right man, at this level.

I have never called him shite, or the players, but your right for pearson and a large bulk of the players, it's a step to far.

It's been a long, depressing, disappointing season, which I personally cannot wait to end, and in the summer, I would like a change in manager, someone who could take us up and keep us up.

Pearson probably could take us up, have my doubts it would be quick, but if he stayed got us up, and did the same again, somebody would have to work with pearson style players, who may not suit the new man, so I would have a fresh start come summer

Where did I slate you and not said you. As for Col he is a tosser lol lol We understand each other and do banter.

But I do not think I have slagged him off over NP.

As I said it's the hes shit comments I have a problem with not people who put up valid reasons.

I do now think he needs to go he has made mistakes and seems lost.

Would I ever say he is a shit manager NO as I have respect for what he has done for us.

I can also see he is or seems to be out of his depth.

Dont quite think fans from those clubs can talk much pal

Oh so other fans that have seen us and other teams can't have an opinion of us.

You best tell 80% of this forum they can not post in certain topics then.

As plenty on here say other sides are shit.

Where did I slate you and not said you. As for Col he is a tosser lol lol We understand each other and do banter.

As I said it's the hes shit comments I have a problem with not people who put up valid reasons.

Would I ever say he is a shit manager NO as I have respect for what he has done for us.

Sorry sylo I wasnt clear, I wasn't having a go at your comment, because it was from you, just aiming and posting what other that's supporters of pearson have said.

Like the bit, if we or I have posted about Nigel's failings, we have been called negative, and pearson haters, were in fact it was a fair assessment at the time, but wasn't a popular way of looking at it, on here at the time.

As for col, he's a good old stick really, and loves the banter lol.

Come on, let's hope that the West Ham game, something clicks, and the painful season can end on a high, last game of the season escape, and pearson all would be forgiven.

lol I'm a realist and the likely hood of that happening are slim, but we live in hope, it's not about pearson, but I hope it could happen for the good of the club.

The fat lady sang before the season even started

'Like a Skyyyy SCRAPERRRRRRRRRRRR'

So you put 1k on us to go down then as you was certain we would then?

Yet another WUM I bet like most you thought we would end up mid table wish I could be arsed to look at some of your posts.

Would any of you that think we can stay up actually put a penny of your own money betting on this, l doubt it and therefore think you are kidding yourselves. l want nothing else but to stay up and a part of me still kids my sane part of my brain that we can, but in reality theres no chance without a change of ideas which would be only slight if it happened. Just leads us back to the big white trainered God, and why is he still here. 

Sorry sylo I wasnt clear, I wasn't having a go at your comment, because it was from you, just aiming and posting what other that's supporters of pearson have said.

Like the bit, if we or I have posted about Nigel's failings, we have been called negative, and pearson haters, were in fact it was a fair assessment at the time, but wasn't a popular way of looking at it, on here at the time.

As for col, he's a good old stick really, and loves the banter lol.

Come on, let's hope that the West Ham game, something clicks, and the painful season can end on a high, last game of the season escape, and pearson all would be forgiven.

lol I'm a realist and the likely hood of that happening are slim, but we live in hope, it's not about pearson, but I hope it could happen for the good of the club.

My main beef is the way people slag him off and also others on here.

It's easy being faceless on here would they do it face to face I bet 99% would not.

My main beef is the way people slag him off and also others on here.

It's easy being faceless on here would they do it face to face I bet 99% would not.

I'd love to say something to him, face to face, but not in a slagging off way, I don't do it on here, and I'm not type of person for name calling, but raising up the criticism I gave him this season, and try and work out how his mind works, and how he really see's it, not the repetitive crap we see in the media.

We all are critical, and all can see, or have an opinion on where he's gone wrong, and would love to see what he thinks he see's.

I would have to be careful though, as he can look after himself lol

I'd love to say something to him, face to face, but not in a slagging off way, I don't do it on here, and I'm not type of person for name calling, but raising up the criticism I gave him this season, and try and work out how his mind works, and how he really see's it, not the repetitive crap we see in the media.

We all are critical, and all can see, or have an opinion on where he's gone wrong, and would love to see what he thinks he see's.

I would have to be careful though, as he can look after himself lol

But I don't think I have seen you slag him.

Times I have wondered what NP is doing this season but we also do not know the full facts of what is going on who is injured and who does fvck all in training.

Yes with you I would love some answers but I do not think you me or even Col would need to worry asking him.

Yes we may be pissed but dis respectful No.

Personally would like to meet him shake his hand and say thank you and just a shame you could not take us to the next stage.

I don't really even get the comparison between Gary Parker and Cambiasso buddy.

I was brought up during the Little and MON years and can honestly say that Gary Parker was an EXCEPTIONAL passer of the ball.

One of the best I've seen personally.

With his range of passing, Cambiasso doesn't get anywhere near him.

But is that surprising really?

Cambiasso has plyed his trade on mainly being a stopper. A DM. An engine in midfield. A bit like a Mascherano. Never a playmaker as such. It's only since he's been at City that he's really been expected to both thwart opposition attacks and to get forward to be creative. And he's not shone at either IMO.

You are spot on though.

Parker could do what he did because of Lennon primarily. Parker didn't have to defend. So he had time to create.

Playing Esteban in a central midfield two has been, for me, Pearson's biggest failing this year.

To not sort out a formation which enabled a player of his ability to really shine (rather than just have the odd great game followed by a series of highly average ones) has been criminal really.

This just for a reminder of Garry Parker and how good he was - his red card against Madrid was one of the comical refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

Cheeky sod!

lol

We,who think we ain't got a cat in hells chance of staying up are not idiots either.We are just a bit older and still don't believe in father Christmas and the tooth fairy!!!!

lol

We,who think we ain't got a cat in hells chance of staying up are not idiots either.We are just a bit older and still don't believe in father Christmas and the tooth fairy!!!!

lol

I still think we could stay up and will not give up on it.

How old are you Raj I'm 49 oh and I gave up on santa aged 5 before you ask.

Archived