Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
richbaggie

Albion Away - 11th April

Hi all, Baggies fan coming in peace!

Wanted to draw your attention to something that is happening when we play you at ours on the 11th April. I appreciate most of you will not care two hoots and tell me to bugger off but some of you may see the significance.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/jeff-astle-kit-change-west-bromwich-albion-baggies-2359041.aspx

Quite a major thing for us and really unusual for the Premier League to allow it. The reaction from fans has been one of real excitement and the day is going to be supercharged with atmosphere. We have struggled to completely sell out this season but tickets will be like gold dust for this one.

Not sure whether this is a good or bad thing for you. The atmosphere and feeling of emotion in the ground could be overwhelming and carry the team or it could be a distraction,

Whichever way it goes, it will be a special day for the club and hopefully you will enjoy the cracking atmosphere too.

Wanted to draw your attention to something that is happening when we play you at ours on the 11th April. I appreciate most of you will not care two hoots and tell me to bugger off but some of you may see the significance.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/jeff-astle-kit-change-west-bromwich-albion-baggies-2359041.aspx

Quite a major thing for us and really unusual for the Premier League to allow it. The reaction from fans has been one of real excitement and the day is going to be supercharged with atmosphere. We have struggled to completely sell out this season but tickets will be like gold dust for this one.

Not sure whether this is a good or bad thing for you. The atmosphere and feeling of emotion in the ground could be overwhelming and carry the team or it could be a distraction,

Whichever way it goes, it will be a special day for the club and hopefully you will enjoy the cracking atmosphere too.

Sure morgan will gift you a couple of goals to ensure the atmosphere doesn't go flat

Now that's a proper tribute, non of this clapping bollocks.

Looking forward to seeing the retro kit in action 

The stuff we got slated for not joining in with last time we played them, you mean?

That said, love a retro kit. Great gesture.

To be fair, the clapping on 9 minutes this season has done it's job as it has given the Astle family some good exposure, especially during televised games. The FA are now behind the Foundation, something that didn't seem likely a year ago. The launch of the Astle Foundation will see end of the Justice For Jeff Campaign.

Our fans found itself disconnected from the club up until recently but a lot of work is going on to repair that.

Can't they make it a proper occasion and play one or two of the players from the 68 final?

I believe we are turning out in our manky yellow as wore in a 4-1 win at Hawthorns when Howard scored a hat-trick in tribute to false hope of avoiding relegation. 

Quite a major thing for us and really unusual for the Premier League to allow it. The reaction from fans has been one of real excitement and the day is going to be supercharged with atmosphere. We have struggled to completely sell out this season but tickets will be like gold dust for this one.

It may be a special day for you, but for us it will be another miserable day out and a total waste of money.

I can emphasise with your pain at the moment. The Prem is a strange experience. You spend all your time trying to get there, often having a great season beforehand winning games galore and loving life. Then when you get there it's a soul destroying experience that costs a fortune and you hate every minute.

Nice tribute. All power to you. I'm sure we will roll over for you to make it a doubly special day for the baggies.

Archived