Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham!.. It's now or never....

What I would like to see based on what players have produced this year:

Hamer

De Laet Wasilewski Huth Schlupp

Hammond James Cambiasso

Nugent

Vardy Ulloa

Subs: Schmeichel, Morgan, Mahrez, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Kramaric, King.

What I expect Pearson to play:

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Huth Upson Konchesky

Mahrez James Cambiasso Schlupp

Kramaric

:rolleyes:

Very good prediction both ways buddy

Pearson will no doubt shock us one way or another . . .

We scored three away at Spurs with an energetic strike force. I'll be disappointed, but not surprised, if we go with one up front at home against West Ham.

Sadly I tend to agree, think that's been a problem this season, as well as the lack of quality, the chopping and changing of personnel and formations hasn't helped.

The side that played at Spurs did well, and we finally look like a side that could get something out of the game.

I just hope pearson doesn't play it safe with 5 at the back, and 1 up top

Sadly I tend to agree, think that's been a problem this season, as well as the lack of quality, the chopping and changing of personnel and formations hasn't helped.

The side that played at Spurs did well, and we finally look like a side that could get something out of the game.

Too bloody right buddy

But he will we all know he will

:unsure:

I fancy him to play...

Schmeichel

Morgan - Huth - Wasilewski

De Laet - James - Cambiasso - Schlupp

Nugent - Ulloa - Vardy

Putting on Wasilewski for Upson at HT at Spurs to me was resignation that Upson isn't good enough. I'll be worried if it wasn't anyway. Could see the logic in signing him but he's years past-it now.

There's no such thing as playing safe with this personnel. Wouldn't trust us to keep a clean sheet if our future depended on it. Even the one against Hull a couple of weeks ago was downright lucky.

I'm the first to praise our fans when they are great and I think we are hard on ourselves compared to the support of others sometimes.

But visiting grounds we haven't had the chance to for 10 years and looking like we won't again next season is hardly great support. Especially when I'm surrounded by morons arguing amongst themselves for 90 minutes

Just how many games this season has there been disagreement between fans.

It's only very recently that some have started to show their feelings about the manager. Any other club and it would have started some time ago.

Im not at this game as im away for the weekend. You watch us put in a great performance with plenty of goals to celebrate. Cant believe the lack of goals weve had to cheer since the Man U game. Is it 3 goals since then? 2 against Burnley and 1 against Spurs?

. 1 against villa,

Also 1 against Liverpool ............. see, we are attacking monsters!!

I fancy him to play...

Schmeichel

Morgan - Huth - Wasilewski

De Laet - James - Cambiasso - Schlupp

Nugent - Ulloa - Vardy

Putting on Wasilewski for Upson at HT at Spurs to me was resignation that Upson isn't good enough. I'll be worried if it wasn't anyway. Could see the logic in signing him but he's years past-it now.

I think you're about spot on with this, assuming no injuries in training this week.

I'd like to see Kramaric in for Ulloa potentially, either way after Spurs Vardy and Nuge deserve a start.

I'm going to suggest a slightly strange formation. Surprise everyone and just go for broke....

Schmeichel

Huth     Wasilewski

De Laet              James                  Schlupp 

Cambiasso

Nugent      Kramaric       Vardy

Ulloa

Guest LCFC_World

Hamer

RDL

Morgan / Huth

Wasilewksi

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

James

Knockaert

Nugent

Vardy

4-4-2. On the bench, we have the likes of Cambiasso, Kramaric, Ulloa, Albrighton (hopefully), King who can all make an impact. But i feel we haven't seen enough on the Nuge and Vardy partnership and Knockaert (who we need to start playing to persuade him to stay for  next season)

I'm going to suggest a slightly strange formation. Surprise everyone and just go for broke....

Schmeichel

Huth     Wasilewski

De Laet              James                  Schlupp 

Cambiasso

Nugent      Kramaric       Vardy

Ulloa

Is that a 2-4-4? Would be a very interesting set up lol

The Guardiola Bayern Matrix, also used by Jorge Sampaoli of Chile:

---------------------------Schmeichel

------Wasilewski-----------Huth----------------Morgan

-----De Laet------------Cambiasso-------------Schlupp

-----Mahrez---------------James-----------------Nugent

--------------------------- Kramaric

Let's hope he gives us a couple of pens again!

Certain that Nige will play the same system and team except for replacing Upson with Was.

But I'd prefer a 433 ie

Kasper

RDL

Huth

Was

Schlupp

James

Cambi

DD

Vardy

Nuge

Kram

Then play fast attacking football on the deck like last season!

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/March/31-March/Former-Player-Blog-Tony-Cottee

Hello everyone,

We face one of my old clubs, Leicester City, at the King Power Stadium on Saturday and it’s a massive game for them considering they are bottom of the table as things stand.

Leicester are just not taking their chances and that’s been their problem all season. They had a slow start to the season, then famously beat Manchester United 5-3 in a fantastic game, but then they had a dip in form and have been struggling in the bottom three ever since.

Aside from the odd game, Leicester have got a big problem with scoring goals. They paid a lot of money for Leonardo Ulloa and he started well, but he has faded off a little bit.

They also paid a lot of money for the Croatian Andrej Kramaric and he got a couple of goals when he first came into the team but hasn’t scored for a while. They’ve also got David Nugent and Jamie Vardy as well, so they have got a lot of forward players there but they have struggled to take their chances and convert draws into wins.

If they had converted some of them, they would be higher up the league. I always felt it was going to be a difficult season for them, because coming up from the Championship is always tough. The main aim for a club like Leicester is to finish 17th or above, even if it comes down to the last kick of the season, just stay in the Premier League.

They have still got a chance of doing that, but they’ve got to start taking chances and winning games.

If you look at their squad, you would say it has enough quality in it to stay in the Premier League, but you’ve got to get results. Speaking from experience, even though it is 15 years since I played in the Premier League, I am sure every single game is a hard slog because it is a physically and mentally demanding league.

You have to be on your game every week and if you are in a relegation-threatened team, it happens too often that you are not quite on your game as an individual or as a team and you go three goals down and you start playing and can’t make up the goals.

It’s a difficult league and you’ve got to be on your game. Yes, there is enough quality in that squad, but you have got to get the results.

tonycotteeleicester726.jpg?width=726&hei
The striker won the League Cup with Leicester City in 2000

There has been some turmoil with Nigel Pearson and you’ve got to have stability at a football club to get the best out of the players. Yes, I believe Leicester can stay up but they are certainly making hard work of it.

Talking of Nigel, I think he has done well. He took over and got Leicester promoted with a really great season last year.

He has got his own unique way of managing, I think it is fair to say. I was in his press conferences and it is interesting to listen to him. You don’t always get what you want out of him, but it’s always an interesting interview when you watch him.

He likes to manage from the stands and has been criticised for that, but I don’t get it because you get a better view from the stand. If that’s what he wants to do, then as long as you’re in contact with the bench, I don’t see it as a problem.

As I say, he has a unique way of managing but he’ll ultimately be judged on results. It’s a harsh world out there and everyone wants immediate success and to stay in the Premier League, but it’s immensely difficult for Leicester to do that.

There are a lot of teams scrapping away to try to keep their heads above water. I hope it doesn’t happen, but if Leicester do get relegated there will be big pressure on Nigel and I think he is big enough to handle that pressure.

When you are relegated, there are no guarantees that you will come back up. I cover the Championship games week-in, week-out for Sky and I turn up not knowing who is going to beat who.

I covered a game recently between Fulham and Derby and everyone was expecting Derby to win four or five-nil, yet Fulham won two-nil. Fulham, Cardiff and Norwich have all had difficult times this season and once you drop into the Championship there is no guarantee you will get out of it.

No-one should under-estimate the job Sam did in getting the Club back into the Premier League after just one season out of it. We did it the best possible way by winning the Play-Off final at Wembley – a great day my two sons still talk about now.

We did a great job getting back because the Championship is a really tough league and it’s somewhere you don’t want to go back to.

We’ve had a good season and don’t need to talk about relegation. We were safe by Christmas and that’s where we want to be as a football club, looking up above us and seeing if we can compete with the top seven and for a place in the Europa League. We need to steady the ship and gradually build for the coming years.

Enjoy the game on Saturday. Come on you Irons!

Tony Cottee

Yep. We take good numbers everywhere and the support thing does work both ways. The players' performance often reflects some of the dull atmospheres.

In my opinion, what happens on the pitch has a massive affect atmosphere.

Take the hull game, atmosphere started good, the game was that dull, it killed the atmosphere.

Then use the Man U/ Everton etc, where the game has a bit of excitement, and a battling display, the atmosphere is great.

In my opinion, what happens on the pitch has a massive affect atmosphere.

Take the hull game, atmosphere started good, the game was that dull, it killed the atmosphere.

Then use the Man U/ Everton etc, where the game has a bit of excitement, and a battling display, the atmosphere is great.

Completely agree with this. It's a two way street.

The fans gee up the players, the players respond and gee up the fans. Conceptually, like a big circle, with 'noise' in the middle.

People talk about the fantastic atmosphere of Filbert Street. Well let me tell ya, sometimes Filbo could be like the proverbial library. I remember games where the atmos was dead.

I also remember games, like Cambridge at home in the play offs, where the atmosphere was amazing (so much so, I even remember that night now).

The two go in tandem. With the exception of a couple of great games this season, what have the players provided to get the fans going? A few more good performances this year, and the noise, enjoyment would have been much greater. Hull at home just about killed it for me. A game we needed to win and we play like that!

Completely agree with this. It's a two way street.

The fans gee up the players, the players respond and gee up the fans. Conceptually, like a big circle, with 'noise' in the middle.

People talk about the fantastic atmosphere of Filbert Street. Well let me tell ya, sometimes Filbo could be like the proverbial library. I remember games where the atmos was dead.

I also remember games, like Cambridge at home in the play offs, where the atmosphere was amazing (so much so, I even remember that night now).

The two go in tandem. With the exception of a couple of great games this season, what have the players provided to get the fans going? A few more good performances this year, and the noise, enjoyment would have been much greater. Hull at home just about killed it for me. A game we needed to win and we play like that!

Agreed col, that Cambridge match in pen 3 was probably the best atmosphere I can remember, I'm a sad old git, and still watch the goals on YouTube, still gives me goose bumps lol

Archived