Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Does Pearson Deserve Another Crack ?

Pearson would never in a million years admit he'd made mistakes. He's far too arrogant and stubborn. One thing I will always respect Micky Adams for is that he was man enough to admit he made mistakes.

"I’m a human being and I will make mistakes from time to time but what I will say is that any mistakes I make are very honest ones." - Nigel Pearson

why do people think allardyce would come here

As mentioned above

Perhaps he won't be offered a premier role

He was happy to work at West Ham in the Champinship

We will have money to spend

We have great owners

We will be one of the biggest clubs in the championship

Good support

More reasons to join us than any other team at that level.

"I’m a human being and I will make mistakes from time to time but what I will say is that any mistakes I make are very honest ones." - Nigel Pearson

Does he go on to say;

'however I will continue to make the same mistakes, by playing the same underperforming players, not giving others chances and play stupid tactics in must-win games'?

Does he go on to say;

'however I will continue to make the same mistakes, by playing the same underperforming players, not giving others chances and play stupid tactics in must-win games'?

No manager will say that.

Do you think that Albrighton not making the bench since his wife's Twitter is just a coincidence or an honest mistake.

Continuing to play Morgan when we all agree he's been poor, is that honest or just a plain mistake.

What exactly is an honest mistake, what is the difference between that and just being wrong?

As mentioned above

Perhaps he won't be offered a premier role

He was happy to work at West Ham in the Champinship

We will have money to spend

We have great owners

We will be one of the biggest clubs in the championship

Good support

More reasons to join us than any other team at that level.

I'd have him here, with someone like Eddie Howe, just to use his experience, to develop a clearly talented young manager.

Oh, just thought he'd be stating the truth. :dunno:

It's not the definite truth though. "Stupid tactics"? We've played several formations this season without success, and even then his 4-4-2 used to be a stick to beat him with. 

You'll be looking long and hard if you want a manager who is totally honest about his own mistakes, this isn't a Pearson-only issue.

Do you think that Albrighton not making the bench since his wife's Twitter is just a coincidence or an honest mistake.

Continuing to play Morgan when we all agree he's been poor, is that honest or just a plain mistake.

What exactly is an honest mistake, what is the difference between that and just being wrong?

the issueI have with people complaining about someone NOT doing something, is that it's pure conjecture.

I enjoy reading people say things like "4231 is the obvious formation, so nigel would never pick it then" what happens if when he does pick it and we still lose?

"we'll win with albrighton and knockaert in the side", what if he picked them and we lose.

I also don't entirely agree on the Morgan issue, I think upson looks garbage, I wouldn't choose Moore ahead of him, so possibly Wasileski/Huth if we're playing a two man defence, but even then it's not clear cut to me.

It's not the definite truth though. "Stupid tactics"? We've played several formations this season without success, and even then his 4-4-2 used to be a stick to beat him with.

You'll be looking long and hard if you want a manager who is totally honest about his own mistakes, this isn't a Pearson-only issue.

Agreed, managers make mistakes and I'm sure they are all honest mistakes, managers don't do things believing they are wrong. Unfortunately some make more mistakes than others, we've had more than our fair share over the last 14 years or so.

Does he go on to say;

Underperforming players?

These are still pretty much the best option... Although I do like Waz, he gives the ball away a horrendous amount, which in turn just invites more opposition attacks

What are these 'stupid tactics' then?

I think the reasoning behind the formations and tactics is sound, however the players lack the quality in comparison to the opposition to pull them off though

the issueI have with people complaining about someone NOT doing something, is that it's pure conjecture.

I enjoy reading people say things like "4231 is the obvious formation, so nigel would never pick it then" what happens if when he does pick it and we still lose?

"we'll win with albrighton and knockaert in the side", what if he picked them and we lose.

I also don't entirely agree on the Morgan issue, I think upson looks garbage, I wouldn't choose Moore ahead of him, so possibly Wasileski/Huth if we're playing a two man defence, but even then it's not clear cut to me.

I don't rate Moore at this level and would put Morgan ahead of him. I'm not a huge fan of Upson but I'd probably put him ahead of Morgan.

Don't think Was is a good premier defender but he's better than Morgan.

I certainly wouldn't be taking Huth off and leaving on Morgan like he did last week.

What are these then?

I think the reasoning behind the formations and tactics is sound, however the players lack the quality in comparison to the opposition to pull them off though

I don't think surrendering the midfield before the game starts is a great tactic.

Or taking off Ulloa and putting on Albrighton.

Neither is playing Kramaric on his own for 65 minutes then taking him off and then going with 2 strikers.

When I say tactics, I mean set-up's, although I class that under the same branch as tactics. He stupid setting-up not to lose in numerous games this season, notably at home, then we'll go somewhere where we're not expected to win and give it a go.

We've treated our 'winnable' home games terribly this season.

As for wanting a manager to be totally honest about mistakes, i'm not asking for that, i'm asking for him to realise his mistakes, learn from them (Quickly) and do something to change them.

My original comment was a sarcastic one, albeit abit alot of truth in it, again as I mention yesterday my sarcasm on here is often misintepreted.

(I had wrong a longer, better word post than this but hit the backspace button and lost it all :banghead: So this is abit of a mish-mashed reply now.)

Guest MattP

You wouldn't go with Big Sam?

I'd happily go with Big Sam, I think people are deluded though if they think he's dropping down to the Championship, he'll walk into another Prem job somewhere if West Ham let him go.

No he doesn't deserve another crack, he's made a balls up of this season and for me I don't see where he has improved as a manager.

Last season many on here were praising him for having learnt how to deal with the press, well for me he's regressed further back than where he was 2 seasons ago.

Tactically he has learnt nothing, his use of substitutions is still poor and the team now have less confidence and are playing poorer football than last season.

I can't think of one reason why he should stay, I think he's destroyed the squad ethic we had last season and I think we'll struggle next season.

We may yet of course stay up which would mean even more reason to sack him as his Championship record would then mean nothing.

I can think of 102 reasons why I'd still keep him for next season.

I'm not defending his record this season, the whole thing has been a total and utter disaster, but I'm not cutting my nose off to spite my face if he is the best option out there for next season.

I don't think surrendering the midfield before the game starts is a great tactic.

Or taking off Ulloa and putting on Albrighton.

Neither is playing Kramaric on his own for 65 minutes then taking him off and then going with 2 strikers.

Midfield I agree with, we need 5 in there. One or two tasked with covering the defence and not playing box-to-box. I've been 

Ulloa has been carthorse standard when he's been subbed, I would have played them together more frequently, but Albrighton, like for Wigan in the Championship last year just hasn't cut it

Kram has played really well, he's dropped deep and pulled out wide and created loads of space for the other attacking players to run into, but Mahrez & Schlupp's form has dipped and neither are 'bombing-on' as Kram has pulled the CB out of position

Upshot, really... apart from 5 in the middle... is players don't have the quality collectively 100% of the time week in week out like is needed, which brings us back to decisions and purse-strings last summer

I'd happily go with Big Sam, I think people are deluded though if they think he's dropping down to the Championship, he'll walk into another Prem job somewhere if West Ham let him go.

I can think of 102 reasons why I'd still keep him for next season.

I'm not defending his record this season, the whole thing has been a total and utter disaster, but I'm not cutting my nose off to spite my face if he is the best option out there for next season.

As I think we will struggle next season then I don't think any noses are being cut off.

You are willing to give him a chance next season based on what happened last season.

If we were promoted would you then sack him based on what has happened this season?

Especially if we had fewer than 102 points.

Midfield I agree with, we need 5 in there. One or two tasked with covering the defence and not playing box-to-box

Ulloa has been carthorse standard when he's been subbed, I would have played them together more frequently, but Albrighton, like for Wigan in the Championship last year just hasn't cut it

Kram has played really well, he's dropped deep and pulled out wide and created loads of space for the other attacking players to run into, but Mahrez & Schlupp's form has dipped and neither are 'bombing-on' as Kram has pulled the CB out of position

Upshot, really... apart from 5 in the middle... is players don't have the quality week in week out.

So Ulloa played last week but despite the poor form of both Schlupp and Mahrez there is no room on the bench let alone on the pitch for Albrighton. I think that's a mistake and in this case not an honest one.

Guest MattP

As I think we will struggle next season then I don't think any noses are being cut off.

You are willing to give him a chance next season based on what happened last season.

If we were promoted would you then sack him based on what has happened this season?

Especially if we had fewer than 102 points.

I have no problem with that, you also thought we would struggle last season and even posted you had a few quid on us to go down in that famous thread. As for the second question I would yes, totally understand if they said goodbye after it considering this season.

Do people really think that the owners would sack him after getting us promoted? Surely he would then be given a chance to prove us all wrong?

He's on probation for the next 2 years.

Like I say he hit's the ground running next year or he's gone.

If he does get us promoted next year it'd be harsh to sack him but given this season he'd have to show and prove he's improved, we'd be expected to go down again that goes without saying but we'd need to start reasonable and keep our heads above water should it be the scenario if not then it may be harsh but he's gone.

I said at the start of this season he shouldn't be sacked even if we go down, unless he does something stupid.

He has done several stupid things, not only has he done that he doesn't seem to have learnt from his mistakes that is my main issue with him.

Archived