Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Does Pearson Deserve Another Crack ?

After the season we've had, with what could have been, has he earnt another crack?

Should he be rewarded with it having almost no implications? Just business as usual?

Is that how life works then?

What are the owners doing? What have they done? (Genuine question)

By being relegated we will lose a VAST sum of money..and they are businessmen at the end of the day.

It amazes me that they and so many fans have been this patient actually.

And IF we stick with Nige and come back up? Then what?

Sack him? He's shown he can't cut it at this level already.

Is that what people are saying? Keep Pearson because we are bound to get promoted with him again...to then sack him?

Can anyone make any sense of all this?

lol

For those of us old enough to remember, it sounds like an episode of Soap...

Midfield I agree with, we need 5 in there. One or two tasked with covering the defence and not playing box-to-box. I've been 

Ulloa has been carthorse standard when he's been subbed, I would have played them together more frequently, but Albrighton, like for Wigan in the Championship last year just hasn't cut it

Kram has played really well, he's dropped deep and pulled out wide and created loads of space for the other attacking players to run into, but Mahrez & Schlupp's form has dipped and neither are 'bombing-on' as Kram has pulled the CB out of position

Upshot, really... apart from 5 in the middle... is players don't have the quality collectively 100% of the time week in week out like is needed, which brings us back to decisions and purse-strings last summer

Albrighton just has'nt cut it? Not even been given a proper chance!

You are asking the wrong question I'm affraid. You need to consider whether Pearson has shown any signs of improvement from the first match until now, and I would say he has gone backwards at an alarming rate, so why on earth would anyone think he would be any better even if he were given the chance to manage us back to the prem. surely the most avid Pearson supporters wouldn't want another season like this one

After the season we've had, with what could have been, has he earnt another crack?

Should he be rewarded with it having almost no implications? Just business as usual?

By being relegated we will lose a VAST sum of money..and they are businessmen at the end of the day.

Is that what people are saying? Keep Pearson because we are bound to get promoted with him again...to then sack him?

lol

all questions and innuendo as usual, very little substance or opinion. just come out and say, sack him or not?

lol

Curbishley got promoted with Charlton, had a good start before falling away. They were eventually relegated but stuck with him, got promoted again and finished as a solid PL side every season until he decided to leave. Pardew has been relegated on one occasion, so has Roberto Martinez...

Curbishley got promoted with Charlton, had a good start before falling away. They were eventually relegated but stuck with him, got promoted again and finished as a solid PL side every season until he decided to leave. Pardew has been relegated on one occasion, so has Roberto Martinez...

Dead right.

Get Curbishley in.

How much more opinion do you want me to give this season shade?

lol

other than Esteban cambiasso's suitability in a 2 man midfield, I see little actual substance. I remember asking you in another thread (I forget which one) what you would do, to which you replied it's the managers job.

I'll accept you've said we'll beat West Ham, so in fairness that's an actual statement, I'll be watching eagerly!

Dead right.

Get Curbishley in.

I didn't say that.

I was making a comparison with other managers. People on here act as if a manager who has failed won't turn out to be a decent manager.

other than Esteban cambiasso's suitability in a 2 man midfield, I see little actual substance. I remember asking you in another thread (I forget which one) what you would do, to which you replied it's the managers job.

I'll accept you've said we'll beat West Ham, so in fairness that's an actual statement, I'll be watching eagerly!

I've also made it clear, possibly five times? That I want a change of manager.

A freshening up.

Keep up buddy.

I didn't say that.

I was making a comparison with other managers. People on here act as if a manager who has failed won't turn out to be a decent manager.

Agree.

Curbishley proved it at Championship and at Prem level.

Lets get him in.

Fox92 made a good point about Curbishley.

I think he's be a great choice.

What's the point? Seriously?

I've seen certain people post "don't respond to 'Pearsonites' you'll never win" but it works for you lot as well. What's the point in responding like that?

I did not say get Curbishley in at all, I was making a comparison because obviously if/when we get relegated Pearson will never be a decent Premier League manager because of a relegation.

I've also made it clear, possibly five times? That I want a change of manager.

A freshening up.

Keep up buddy.

my bad, not your usual rhetorical "maybe nigel has run his course, it could be better to freshen things up" hedging? 5 times, a definite "nigel should be sacked or "I want nigel gone"?

my bad, not your usual rhetorical "maybe nigel has run his course, it could be better to freshen things up" hedging? 5 times, a definite "nigel should be sacked or "I want nigel gone"?

Be pleasant mate and I'll respond to you. There's no need for the 'rhetorical'. You'll find plenty of opinions if you choose to.

I've said a few times now I've had enough of Pearson's demeanour, tactics and team selections. I've also said I'd like to see somebody such as Eddie Howe at the club.

And to be honest, to be consistent with my opinion on not playing Cambiasso in a two (whilst suggesting he's actually been very average this season), in the face of a huge amount of conflicting opinions on this, sarcasm and hostility (and being banned) hardly smacks of sitting on the fence does it.

You got the wrong bloke.

:thumbup:

Archived