My time in Seville was quite uneventful other than...
- 5 Pm day of match...fall of table I am standing on whilst singing outside O Neills...heads makes contact with corner of table
- 5.01 crack head open.. Blood pours out...scar wide enough that skull was showing
- so pissed that I kept insisting to everybody that was forcing me over to the ambulance, that it was nothing other than a little scratch
- Head bandaged but thought it would be a good idea to take the bandage off on approach to the stadium 30 mins later
- refused entry to the stadium until I was seen by first aid medics
- wheeled around on a wheelchair the whole of the stadium ground floor level ( in front of all the Seville fans) with blood still pouring from my wound down my face and onto my Leicester top
- "Axe wound" bandaged up with butterfly strips....I STILL drunkingly think that it is nothing more than a scratch.
- Match starts and I still spend 10 minutes arguing with the stewards that some Seville official had taken my ticket at the entrance.
- discover ticket in rucksack ....DOHHHH
- watch match....why was there 44 players on the pitch ?
- leave on Thursday...plane delayed from Malaga by one hour meaning that.....
- .....I miss the connecting 4.30 flight in Brussels
- catch the next flight ....AT 9.30 !!
- pay £7 excess for overstaying my car parking.
- realise when I saw a photo of the actual wound that I was lucky not to lose an eye or suffer concussion.
Lesson....DONT DRINK SO MUCH !!