Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Now we're stopping up - the Radio Leicester Situation

Will stay as it is? Or a summer of patching things up? Hour-long #SmugMode interview with the big man maybe?

Personally I think Pearson now has enough goodwill and credit in the bank to publicly call for Stringer's sacking, and that's what he should do.

Time to get rid. Stringer is a failure.

(I know he won't/wouldn't publicly call for Stringer's sacking)

So all of you would be happy to see someone lose their job, career, passion and income just because you don't like their opinion? Ian speaks on behalf of BBC radio Leicester, he has things he HAS to do like anyone working for someone they have orders. To be honest anyone who is seriously wanting him out are over the top, if you don't like it don't listen to it, it's as simple as that people, don't start wishing someone's livelihood away just because you don't like them.

So all of you would be happy to see someone lose their job, career, passion and income just because you don't like their opinion? Ian speaks on behalf of BBC radio Leicester, he has things he HAS to do like anyone working for someone they have orders. To be honest anyone who is seriously wanting him out are over the top, if you don't like it don't listen to it, it's as simple as that people, don't start wishing someone's livelihood away just because you don't like them.

He'd get another job. It's not destroying his livelihood. In fact he'd probably get the same job just at another Club.

I think the BBC decision-makers made their decision assuming at the time there was no-way Pearson would keep us up and would lose his job. So they wouldn't really have to make a decision. Now we've stayed up I'm not sure they can risk it carrying on for another season.

They've taken a gamble and it hasn't worked out. It hasn't been helped by Stringer allegedly saying he doesn't know why they won't talk to him (when allegedly they do).

I doubt Pearson will call, or maybe even want, his sacking but I bet the club will want some sort of on air apology.

The main post-match stuff is all the same regurgitated sound bites. I actually find it annoying that we don't have the longer one with BBC RL any more.

If RL can't accept they are the junior partners in this and do a bit of back-bending its ridiculous.

People have been more than happy to call for Pearson's sacking all season

Stringer's unprofessionalism should see him replaced. There is no place for agenda in commentary and it's a huge disservice in interviews too

Those people saying he's only doing his job or similar, are morons. It's nothing more than petty, agenda lead nonsense

BBC Leicester should be ashamed for treating their paying listeners with contempt

Personally think they need to let the dust settle, both sides assess where it goes wrong between the two and then work together in future, though if Stringer wants to keep being a tabloid journo wannabe then I'll fully support LCFC's stance they take with him.

Listening to Pearson these last few days, it seems clear that he used the Press in order to create a 'siege mentality'. McArthur, Lineker, the post-Hull Pr*ck and our friend the Ostrich were all unwitting victims of a policy which ended up working a treat.

Stringer was an easier target because he was a poor interviewer and his questions were genuinely confrontational, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear Pearson patching things up with him now the mission has been accomplished.

That said, I think he's a decent commentator and a terrible interviewer, so it's equally likely that Radio Leicester and the BBC as a whole will get off their high horse, accept that Pearson is going nowhere, and simply ask someone else to do the interviews. The club are perfectly happy for that to happen, and it's going to be hard to justify throwing a whole load of public money at a show which is aimed for Leicester fans, and defines itself on backing a journalist who is thoroughly despised by City fans, over a manager who is almost unanimously feted by City fans.

Seems a bit mean to wish for Ian to get sacked. I don't listen to Radio Leicester much (only in the car after the games I can attend) but although there has been a communication breakdown between the club and the media he seems to run the programme smoothly, keeps conversation and debate flowing and overall is quite an effective broadcaster.

I enjoy Stringer. Be careful what you wish for at least he his passionate. I get bored listening to RL when he is off. 

I concur there could be (much) worse in terms of commentary, but don't fall into the trap of mistaking passion for competence.

Speaking as someone who has lost a job I can't and would not ever wish it on my worst enemy. It's not the biggest issue in the world that it warrants someone to lose their job over it. Stringer will move on eventually and so will Nigel too and things will come to their natural end. 

Stringer's passion as a Leicester City fan is quality. I don't mind him at all, just wish him and Nigel would sort out whatever it is and Nigel returns to local radio again.

So it's ok for Stringer to try and get Pearson sacked with his pointed undermining questions.

The man only pretended to support Leicester when he got the RL job. If he had got a job at Radio Nottingham, he would be going crazy if Forest had scored.

IMO, the man is a total cretin, no respect for him at all.

I think he gets a lot of unfair criticism. Doesn't always help himself but he is better than a lot of the boring bbc drab presenters. He has passion and that makes listening more interesting. Everyone has jumped on a bandwagon against him which I this is unfair. Think all parties need to grow up and make up.

Nah, come on, the bloke's a dick. He's not just doing what he HAS to do, he's in fact embarrassingly unprofessional. Hence why the players stopped speaking to him, because his actions were not of someone who is worthy of his position. Maybe you missed that, but it's neither here nor there what his opinions are, it's his behaviour that has to be questioned.

That said, I think he's a decent commentator and a terrible interviewer, so it's equally likely that Radio Leicester and the BBC as a whole will get off their high horse, accept that Pearson is going nowhere, and simply ask someone else to do the interviews. The club are perfectly happy for that to happen, and it's going to be hard to justify throwing a whole load of public money at a show which is aimed for Leicester fans, and defines itself on backing a journalist who is thoroughly despised by City fans, over a manager who is almost unanimously feted by City fans.

Great paragraph this. It's common sense to just have someone else do the interviews. He shouldn't be let near one again.

The way Stringer allegedly behaved in one particular post match interview has been well documented. It was the players who took it upon themselves to boycot the station, in an act of solidarity the management team followed suit.

As none of us were there to witness the alleged incident it's one mans word against another. If how I've heard he behaved is true then his position is irretrievable.

This!  :thumbup:

Unless they meet half way I can't see a way forward.

From what I heard the head of BBC Sport came up to try and resolve the issue but the club weren't interested.

Stringer obviously has the backing of the BBC, the club are backing up the manager. The BBC won't back down else every local radio station in the country will have sports reporters vetted by local teams.

No apologies from anyone, no statements, no smart arsed remarks on air RL just start next season as a clean slate. It's doing no one any favours as it is.

Stringer can be irritating and Nigel doesn't exactly do media savvy. It's the local station they will always be trying to get in his face, if not Stringer someone else.

Can anyone outline the specifics of why Pearson and the players won't talk to Stringer? Is it something specific he could apologize for?

I'm not sure, but I think he made a cut throat gesture to NP (when he thought he might be fired, maybe).

Archived