Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Dark Souls 3

http://www.destructoid.com/leaked-dark-souls-iii-screenshots-look-legit-293409.phtml

Seems rumoured to be out in 2016, with the game to be announced at E3. As a big Dark Souls fanboy, I'm looking forward to this, especially as Miyazaki, the original Dark Souls 1 director, is rumored to be directing this one again (he took a back-seat role for Dark Souls 2). Dark Souls 1 has to be my second-favourite game of all time (only to be surpassed by Baldur's Gate 2), but Dark Souls 2, while still a very good game, was a little disappointing. 

Will give me a good excuse to go next-gen at least, though doesn't seem likely that it'll come out on PC.

When you know how the mechanics work the game is easy. Backstab the humanoid enemies and hit and rush the big ones.

Pretty much, for the most part, though you still generally have to learn their move sets.

Dark Souls 2 was ridiculous with its enemy placement though. Their idea of making it more difficult was just to add huge groups of enemies, which just encouraged cheesing them with a bow from range.

• 10 months later...

Out today. Anybody else planning on picking this up?

I've put some money aside for a new controller if my current one gets destroyed against the wall later

I have recently, and indeed finally, got into Bloodborne over the past few weeks, so holding off till that's done. But yes I will be partaking at some point. 

Apparently it returns you to Firelink Shrine and the rest of the old haunts. I'll try and detach myself from some of the information because half of the fun is not knowing what is coming up in these games. I'll never forget that moment in Demon's Souls when you go through the tutorial level, it's a piece of piss, and you walk through a fog wall to be faced by the boss and you get 1HKO'd. :cap:

Of course getting killed for the first time is a plot point. 

Still enjoying this massively, taking my time with it and I'm at the Abyss Watcher now. Only tried to beat it once last night and got my ass completely kicked in it's second phase

Was streaming some of it last night so have a look if you're interested, don't think there is really any spoilers in it other than a couple of boss fights

9:49 : Curse Rotted Greatwood : Beat it

25:21 : Random Optional Boss : Beat it

1:25:00 : Abyss Watcher : Got my ass kicked lol Music is absolutely epic though!

LEvel 22 now. This game is so hard and so unforgiving sometimes. I'm a knight using a broad sword...pretty basic stuff but seems to be doing the job. 

USed this technique to get up a few levels. Managed to complete the first two bosses and on the 2nd main area...the undead settlement i think. 

Managed to beat the Abyss Watchers last night after summoning somebody to help, was really easy with two of us. Level 38 now using Broadsword+4 and the Dragon Crest Shield. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games. The whole atmosphere of that Abyss Watchers fight with the music going off and everything and the subsequent winning of the fight was just incredible.

LEvel 22 now. This game is so hard and so unforgiving sometimes. I'm a knight using a broad sword...pretty basic stuff but seems to be doing the job. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1RfNa-fdtg

USed this technique to get up a few levels. Managed to complete the first two bosses and on the 2nd main area...the undead settlement i think.

Yeah if that's the dragon in the wall I did that myself playing naturally it occurred to me that would be an excellent way to get up some levels early doors. Didn't try and repeat it as went bed shortly after but obviously you can replicate it over and over again.

• 3 weeks later...

I just beat the abyss watchers last night and going through the next area atm,enjoying it thoroughly so far.

Frank your a bit of legend on these games aren't you

If by any chance you've got the rings and miracles or fancy helping farm some invaders let me know lol

I shall be honest and say the furthest I've got between my characters is the boreal valley and not tried pvp yet but always willing to help as I got a lot to learn on this one.

What!? lol

I had you nailed on for NG ++++++ by now at least lol

Level 80 or something like that. Just defeated Dragon Slayer Armour...my god. Almost threw my pad at the wall. I'm wearing some light ninja looking armour, with a giant heavy dragon slayer armour shield (stuns them when they hit it) and the blue ithryll frost sword. I find the fast medium length swords much easier to use than the big ones. 

Loving and hating this game. Can't play it longer than an hour or two before I begin to cry at the screen. 

Finished the game. Got to around level 90ish I believe. The last boss was very hard but luckily I did the questlines which let me use a summon (only time I had to in the game but the game was starting to wind me up by this point). 

Finished the game. Got to around level 90ish I believe. The last boss was very hard but luckily I did the questlines which let me use a summon (only time I had to in the game but the game was starting to wind me up by this point).

I'm well into ng + and its pretty pathetically easy now. The only time it gets testing is if if a boss uses an attack that hasn't gone up too much in my defence due to my choice of build , the scaling then can catch me out. Been trying to summon as much as possible as need level 30 with warriors of sunlight for plat, with mixed results. Half the time finish boss easily half the time they're a liability and leave me with a boss with higher health than usual as they died so quick lol. Did manage to topple the co op abyss watchers solo was quite happy with that!

Defo easier than one or two, after I got through one the first team I swore to never play it again lol

• 2 months later...

My cousin has been banging on about how amazing this game is and has let me borrow it. What the hell  am I supposed to do. I've lost count how many times I've died on the first boss. Literally just killing the same enemies repeatedly, die on boss when he turns into some huge monster, respawn at bonfire only to do it all again and die again. How do I upgrade my character? 

Ive played an hour and it's already doing my head in. Can see this being a chore more than an enjoyable game. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Archived