Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Dark Souls 3

56 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

My cousin has been banging on about how amazing this game is and has let me borrow it. What the hell  am I supposed to do. I've lost count how many times I've died on the first boss. Literally just killing the same enemies repeatedly, die on boss when he turns into some huge monster, respawn at bonfire only to do it all again and die again. How do I upgrade my character? 

Ive played an hour and it's already doing my head in. Can see this being a chore more than an enjoyable game. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

The difficulty is punishing it's to be expected, especially if this is the first from software game you've played. I don't think you can level until Gundyr is dead.

one of the easiest bosses in the game btw.

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

My cousin has been banging on about how amazing this game is and has let me borrow it. What the hell  am I supposed to do. I've lost count how many times I've died on the first boss. Literally just killing the same enemies repeatedly, die on boss when he turns into some huge monster, respawn at bonfire only to do it all again and die again. How do I upgrade my character? 

Ive played an hour and it's already doing my head in. Can see this being a chore more than an enjoyable game. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

You mean the bloke before you get to the bonfire?

Choose knight class, so you get a shield.

Just hold block, and keep circling around him while blocking - most of his attacks should miss.

Attack, and repeat.

44 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

You mean the bloke before you get to the bonfire?

Choose knight class, so you get a shield.

Just hold block, and keep circling around him while blocking - most of his attacks should miss.

Attack, and repeat.

I am a herald so have a shield and spear. I always have my shield up and I'm circling around, getting a couple of hits in and moving away. When he is down to 1/3 of his health he turns into some massive thing which I can't dodge its attacks. So it is just a case of me being rubbish and I'm not missing anything in particular? I will persevere. I'm sure once I get into it and start upgrading my character I will get the hang of it.

it is Gundyr I am referring to. It's after the first bonfire. I assume I can upgrade my character after he's dead?

EDIT. Just saw Pablo say after he is dead I can upgrade. I have never played a dark souls game before so I'm not sure I will hav the patience for it haha

If you mean the very first boss Felix gundyr then you should stay close to his left arm, I would probably start with a knight class to make it easier and after that fight you open up the main game where you can level up, upgrade etc.

Also rolling has I frames which is extremely useful and staying under 70% weight for rolling purposes.

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I am a herald so have a shield and spear. I always have my shield up and I'm circling around, getting a couple of hits in and moving away. When he is down to 1/3 of his health he turns into some massive thing which I can't dodge its attacks. So it is just a case of me being rubbish and I'm not missing anything in particular? I will persevere. I'm sure once I get into it and start upgrading my character I will get the hang of it.

it is Gundyr I am referring to. It's after the first bonfire. I assume I can upgrade my character after he's dead?

EDIT. Just saw Pablo say after he is dead I can upgrade. I have never played a dark souls game before so I'm not sure I will hav the patience for it haha

You have to dodge pick your moment and not get carried away with your attacks, not getting hit is everything.

its a massively complicated game tbf, one for the purists but definitely one of the best game series going if you can handle it.

• 5 months later...
55 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Jesus you've been taking your time.

I stopped for some reason a couple of weeks after launch, just picked it up again last night and beat the bit I remember struggling on on my third try, I literally stood up and punched the air lol

Looking forward to trying to finish it now, although like I said, I'm now on the dancer fight, and it's absolutely solid! Straight after I've got past the bit I struggled with for months it then dumps me in one of the hardest fights in the game lol Feel like it's beatable though

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I stopped for some reason a couple of weeks after launch, just picked it up again last night and beat the bit I remember struggling on on my third try, I literally stood up and punched the air lol

Looking forward to trying to finish it now, although like I said, I'm now on the dancer fight, and it's absolutely solid! Straight after I've got past the bit I struggled with for months it then dumps me in one of the hardest fights in the game lol Feel like it's beatable though

d31.png

• 3 months later...

Finished the final DLC last night, all optional bosses beaten, soul level 125

Wow, what a journey this game was, loved every minute of it

Left Darkeater Midir until last, and my god that boss was no joke!

6 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Finished the final DLC last night, all optional bosses beaten, soul level 125

Wow, what a journey this game was, loved every minute of it

Left Darkeater Midir until last, and my god that boss was no joke!

Gael was the worst. Seriously that lad can get in the bin. 

Archived