Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Mass Effect Andromeda

Well bioware and microsoft can get ****ed! Bought the game and seen way more frame rate drops already than when playing the ea access trail. Plus keep getting signed out and booted back to main menu. *****

51 minutes ago, BigFoxForYou said:

What a piece of dog shit. 

Woman whose face is tired looks like looks like she is on a load of crack and had her makeup done by Homer's makeup shotgun. 

Video is funny though. Not spending money on this piece of pooperoo. 

17 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I'm just dicking about at the moment, but if you really want to see what the game is like, I'm streaming it now. possible spoilers, I'm a little way into the story. Bare bones this is what the gameplay and animations are really like

https://www.twitch.tv/belialltm

Looks very pretty when you're standing still but you need to lower a setting or two because the frame skipping when you're moving around is giving me migraines lol Or it could just be twitch idk.

Awww yeah cutscene time, this is what I'm watching for, the main guy's face really does make all those goofy random micro-gestures :D

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Looks very pretty when you're standing still but you need to lower a setting or two because the frame skipping when you're moving around is giving me migraines lol Or it could just be twitch idk.

Awww yeah cutscene time, this is what I'm watching for, the main guy's face really does make all those goofy random micro-gestures :D

I'll play with the twitch settings because its smooth my end. Short dinner break then i'm back on

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with it so far.  The first mission was decent and the combat is excellent.  

Reached the Nexus and putting it down although my task list just became fairly large.

Yeah the busy work. I'm the ****ing pathfinder!!! get someone else to do it. 

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 22:21, MrSpaM said:

It's really not as bad as people have been making it out to be, it's basically dragon age Inquisition in space

Way better. The content is more interesting. Never been so excited for a game as I was for DAI but it failed to live up to the hype. Suffered from the world being too big, pointless missions and awful pacing.

Played about 12 hours so far. Really enjoying it. Some dumb bugs, poor texture popping and some badly explained mechanics (crafting, augmentation etc.) but I'd certainly have it on course for a 85-90.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm having great fun on it. some bugs in quests have annoyed me, took me half an hour to kill aaboss because his hit point wouldn't come up, and the save points are a pain, when i die i get returned to a previous point and replay 10-15 mins but overall its a really fun and engaging game. 

Been on EOS for days mopping up side quests lol

13 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Way better. The content is more interesting. Never been so excited for a game as I was for DAI but it failed to live up to the hype. Suffered from the world being too big, pointless missions and awful pacing.

Played about 12 hours so far. Really enjoying it. Some dumb bugs, poor texture popping and some badly explained mechanics (crafting, augmentation etc.) but I'd certainly have it on course for a 85-90.

I am struggling to put it down.  I've gone three nights straight playing after midnight.  :)

Tbh, and in no way am I trying to justify placing a pre-order on this game in saying this, although some will of course, but the amount of criticism levelled at this game is scandalous.  I don't think they've done themselves too many favours pre-release, it wasn't marketed very well, then placing an embargo on it, the origin access..., there's many things wrong in the run up to launch, but the backlash has been crazy.  The user score on Metacritic is pathetically low.  People just jump on the bandwagon and it spirals from there.

I could take three criticisms and throw them out of the window right away: the map, it's cumbersome to get to - no, it really isnt.  Companions run around without head gear on when your character doesn't, spoiling the immersion - then change the setting in the menu!  The Nomad is really slow and cumbersome - then take it out of 6 wheel drive!  lol

I've put 7 and a half hours in, have just cleared the Eos vault and have had two problems so far - it's a poor decision to not allow saving in the vault, particularly as this was a fairly lengthy sequence and texture pop-in on the cutscene animations shortly after that weren't great.  Other than that, and I am really looking hard for signs of faults, I can't find any.  Even the animations aren't too bad, they're just standard Mass Effect animations with slightly better textures.  Subtitles on screen help and tbh, I don't notice.

There's a ton of stuff to do, and I enjoy the pacing of it, so for me it's striking a decent balance between action and cutscene conversations.  The combat is excellent and I'm putting a decent biotic build together.  :thumbup: from me - it deserves at least an 80 rating.

• Like 1

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this as much as i am, although there seems to be an awful lot of side quests! I have to be honest though, I doesn't have that charm of the original trilogy, I've also not heard one mention of a reaper yet!! 

11 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this as much as i am, although there seems to be an awful lot of side quests! I have to be honest though, I doesn't have that charm of the original trilogy, I've also not heard one mention of a reaper yet!! 

The storylines are somewhat connected, but only marginally. From what I remember, Andromeda initially plays around the same time Shepard goes chasing after the reapers, then makes a jump some 600 years forward.

Pretty much all decent reviewers have concluded that the first four, five, six hours (depending on your style of play) are nothing like the rest of the game and that it kicks off rather slowly.

It's like judging a book by its cover and then not reading it. lol

I'm a bit amused by the people still slagging off a game for a relatively small amount of bugs and (surely) debatable facial animations.

Most of the reviewers (even from well-known gaming sites) will have hardly finished the game already due to the lack of testing beforehand.

There are probably as many bad animations and lines as there are really decent ones.  Add in to the mix that one liners are delivered in isolation rather than in context and they appear worse than they actually are.  The "you only become a pathfinder once you've pathfound something..." springs to mind.  In isolation lol but in context it wasn't so bad.

In fact last night the romancing Suvi, that I'm going for, was an excellent piece of dialogue from start to finish on the bridge.  

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:10, Legend_in_blue said:

I am struggling to put it down.  I've gone three nights straight playing after midnight.  :)

Tbh, and in no way am I trying to justify placing a pre-order on this game in saying this, although some will of course, but the amount of criticism levelled at this game is scandalous.  I don't think they've done themselves too many favours pre-release, it wasn't marketed very well, then placing an embargo on it, the origin access..., there's many things wrong in the run up to launch, but the backlash has been crazy.  The user score on Metacritic is pathetically low.  People just jump on the bandwagon and it spirals from there.

I could take three criticisms and throw them out of the window right away: the map, it's cumbersome to get to - no, it really isnt.  Companions run around without head gear on when your character doesn't, spoiling the immersion - then change the setting in the menu!  The Nomad is really slow and cumbersome - then take it out of 6 wheel drive!  lol

I've put 7 and a half hours in, have just cleared the Eos vault and have had two problems so far - it's a poor decision to not allow saving in the vault, particularly as this was a fairly lengthy sequence and texture pop-in on the cutscene animations shortly after that weren't great.  Other than that, and I am really looking hard for signs of faults, I can't find any.  Even the animations aren't too bad, they're just standard Mass Effect animations with slightly better textures.  Subtitles on screen help and tbh, I don't notice.

There's a ton of stuff to do, and I enjoy the pacing of it, so for me it's striking a decent balance between action and cutscene conversations.  The combat is excellent and I'm putting a decent biotic build together.  :thumbup: from me - it deserves at least an 80 rating.

Playing some more it's clear that it is an unfinished game but it's still keeping some of that ME charm. Apparently it gets load better when you finish priority 3 and really starts to open up.

Criticising the characters is unfair as they had 3 games to build those guys up in the original trilogy. Cora and Liam are much better than Ashley and Kaiden were in 1. It's definitely been placed on a pedestal, whereas if you take it for what it is, it's a great game.

Completely agree with the pacing of it LIB. The story hasn't grabbed me yet but because the side content is decent, I haven't been at all bored. That's where DAI failed for me and where something like The Witcher killed it. As somebody said, every quest in a game is essentially a fetch quest and most of these don't seem too arbitrary.

For anyone who is a fan of the original trilogy, I would defo recommend this. For those who haven't played, i would suggest holding out for some patches before picking up if you have other behemoths on the go (Zelda, Witcher, Horizon etc)

• Like 1