Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
howlinmadmurfdoc

Watches

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

What a stunner ...    Omega special Grey side of the Moon watch. Ceramic with rose gold inlays , an alligator strap, titanium clasp and the face made from a meteorite that landed in Namibia many moons ago.    (And its waterproof to 50 metres !).

IMG_1446.jpg

That's a lovely watch and I'm sure the waterproof to 50m is very useful to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

The king of watches. Holds their value unlike most other brands. Patek. 

Probably only beaten by Rolex (which I don't like much), but definitely in the top two.     

Brietling and Omega are close behind ...   my two favourite watch brands.

15 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Not the greatest brand, but limited edition of 50. Given to Leicester City players and staff for winning the Premier Keague. Individually numbered, Leicester City on the face, fox logo and number on the reverse. 

IMG_9976.PNG

Spose Jeff will have his painted black so that he knows which one is his when he gets out the showers ...

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

My watch has gone kaput this morning. Thinking about getting something a bit nicer this time.

Looking for something that's smart, crisp and understated. Don't want anything too flashy.

I'm thinking around £150 but I could be tempted to go as far as doubling that if there is a watch that I really love. Any ideas?

r01-14.jpg

The Perpetual Regulator PR-01 is an absolute diamond but a bastard to get hold of. Constantly selling out.

• Like 1

Treated myself to a nice watch for my 30th (quite a long time ago). Started losing time recently so took it in for a service...was quoted £500!!! 

They told me it should be serviced every 5 years or so :o

Currently sitting in a drawer (the watch, not me)

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Treated myself to a nice watch for my 30th (quite a long time ago). Started losing time recently so took it in for a service...was quoted £500!!! 

They told me it should be serviced every 5 years or so :o

Currently sitting in a drawer (the watch, not me)

Yeah I took my broken watch to a repair shop and was quoted about 30 quid over the price of it brand new lol 

I've got 2 Larsson & Jennings watches that are very good for the price, I also like Mondaine swiss watches which are well within your budget. Great looks. Steinhart are one of my favourites but tend to costs anywhere between £300-600 but the quality is unreal.

Got a drawer with about 5 to 6 watches in, currently using a Pulsar Kinetic 100m watch, silver with a platinum face and gold digits and setter.

Only problem is, it needs a service because it gradually loses time now, originally cost me about £100 about a decade ago.

Same type here on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pulsar-Kinetic-Wristwatch-/122482805798

Edited by ithuriel
image found

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

Skagen watches are quite stylish and usually £100-150. Very thin.

Received this as a birthday present about 3 years ago and love it. Smart looking and made from titanium.

skagen balder.jpg

Sadly, I tend to wear my Fitbit Blaze for everyday use now and hasn't been worn for about 6 months.

Edited by duk3nuk3m