Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

My latest box is knackered, I only bought it in April. I've emailed Aliexpress, don't know if I'll get any joy. Anyone got any experience with refunds/replacements from them after 8 months or so?

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

My latest box is knackered, I only bought it in April. I've emailed Aliexpress, don't know if I'll get any joy. Anyone got any experience with refunds/replacements from them after 8 months or so?

I doubt it webbo, how much was it? Is that the one with the IPTV installed?

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I doubt it webbo, how much was it? Is that the one with the IPTV installed?

Yeah. I think it was around 38 quid. I don't mind buying a new one but I've got to load the apk onto the new box as I've still got 6 months IUDTV paid for and I'm not sure if I can do it.

A friend of mind has had a load of replacements sent for things that were only slightly not right but that was usually straight after they'd been sent.

On 08/01/2017 at 11:19, Webbo said:

Doesn't look like they're sending me a new box. I didn't think they would but I had to try. The old box has started working now anyway. :dunno:

Anyone having trouble updating showbox? I get the message to update click update and it seems to try but like a second later the update fails. Anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this? 

Scratch that. Reset date and time it's sorted. 

Edited by casablancas

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded the new kodi on my laptop and I'm struggling with it already. Literally can't find system to get through this bit. Why do they have to change the layout so much ffs. Maybe it's me being an idiot

• Select SYSTEM
  • Select Add-Ons
  • Select Install from zip file

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Just downloaded the new kodi on my laptop and I'm struggling with it already. Literally can't find system to get through this bit. Why do they have to change the layout so much ffs. Maybe it's me being an idiot

• Select SYSTEM
  • Select Add-Ons
  • Select Install from zip file

I had the same problem

https://forums.tvaddons.ag/getting-started-with-kodi/48579-installing-repos-krypton.html#post370575

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

tbh I got rid of it and went back to the old version after a while.

I'm still struggling. I downloaded NJM and Pheonix off ares wizard but can't seem to open them. I haven't got time to do it at the moment so will have another look next week. It's not great at all.

9 hours ago, theadmans said:

I just went to stealthstreams.com and get a 403 Forbidden error. I wanted to renew my subscription before the Burnley game. Anyone got any suggestions ?

I used to have Stealth Streams & went to their Facebook page for any updates, technical problems, etc.  Are you a member of their FB page?  I just had a search but couldn't find it.

Edited by pSinatra

12 hours ago, pSinatra said:

I used to have Stealth Streams & went to their Facebook page for any updates, technical problems, etc.  Are you a member of their FB page?  I just had a search but couldn't find it.

...Yes unfortunately I don't do Facebook - but my Dad does so I will get him to have a look - thanks.

If it now down - any suggestions for a good alternative to Stealth to use on Kodi ?

2 hours ago, theadmans said:

...Yes unfortunately I don't do Facebook - but my Dad does so I will get him to have a look - thanks.

If it now down - any suggestions for a good alternative to Stealth to use on Kodi ?

Mcktv

2 minutes ago, stix said:

It seems that after reading a few recent articles, Kodi owners who are using the software to watch illegally streamed movies/TV shows could be getting letters from their ISP's as well now. 

They still can't do anything about it. Literally all bark no bite. 

2 minutes ago, stix said:

Why can't they?

Because they can't prove it was you using the box. They can warn you that someone is using your Internet for illegal shenanigans but can't prove it was you, so it can't hold up in court. 

I've been download stuff since 56kb/s Internet, literally hundreds of terabytes of stuff. 

Not one letter, one warning. Nothing. 

10 minutes ago, stix said:

Why can't they?

They can't do shit, because the law doesn't support them enough. Streaming is a grey area, as it is not copying. They are just hoping people will shit themselves when the letter comes through, which they won't.

20 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Because they can't prove it was you using the box. They can warn you that someone is using your Internet for illegal shenanigans but can't prove it was you, so it can't hold up in court. 

I've been download stuff since 56kb/s Internet, literally hundreds of terabytes of stuff. 

Not one letter, one warning. Nothing. 

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

They can't do shit, because the law doesn't support them enough. Streaming is a grey area, as it is not copying. They are just hoping people will shit themselves when the letter comes through, which they won't.

But surely, if for example you're using kodi through a firestick, which is logged in to your Amazon account, then they are able to link these two together to prove it was you streaming the content? Even though it is streamed through wifi?

As you can gather I'm pretty shit with stuff like this, I am simply asking the questions.