Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

The Politics Thread

It is in the msn news section.( Not very good at posting links,sorry)

I am sure it is a rehash of something he said years ago, but that is the problem with Corbyn all his previous tosh is out there.

I've just read it Claridge, I'd re-read it if I was you because he doesn't state those things.

I've just read it Claridge, I'd re-read it if I was you because he doesn't state those things.

The bit about Corbyn's spokesman refusing to deny he was " talking about the New World order".

But you are correct he doesn't state it in the article. I don't believe he really believes that and was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek in the first post.

What's with all the serious faces these days. :nigel:

Saw it on Facebook and the ones who posted it says Anyone who doesn't believe it was a set up is a fool.

Not seen the article partly because it was in the Telegraph and I was not sure that what he said would not be taken out of context.

From posts on here all he said was the attack gave a good reason according to Bush and Blair to go to war. It was a convenient attack even though I do not believe it was an inside job. I can see why people would think it.

I can't wait to see how McDonnell is going to promise all the things he has whilst tackling the deficit, debt and managing to run a surplus. (

If he can seriously do that even I'll vote Labour.

Probably do the same thing as Milliband's team were aiming for and not count investment, which means most of the 'extra' stuff they want to do isn't factored into it.

Corbyn's speech this week could be incredible, ironically it will probably be the toughest audience he has faced, someone used to speaking at crowds where the support is already bought will be facing a lot of people who already have the knives out for him.

Under pressure is am understatement, he's actually got a negative approval rating already, even Michael Foot had a +2 at the start.

Corbyn's speech this week could be incredible, ironically it will probably be the toughest audience he has faced, someone used to speaking at crowds where the support is already bought will be facing a lot of people who already have the knives out for him.

Under pressure is am understatement, he's actually got a negative approval rating already, even Michael Foot had a +2 at the start.

I'm not actually sure about that - he's got the surest-fire excuse for failure any major party leader has had for decades, namely all corners of a hostile media gunning for him rather than merely some for all other leaders in recent history.

I'm not saying that he'll get brought down purely on account of that and not the policy he brings across, but if (and when) the kak hits the fan he can just point and say that it was a doomed errand from the start thanks to the Canary Wharf boys. He knows he'll maintain his core support no matter what, so if he fails at pulling in the floating voters he can just point to that as the cause. I'm not saying that that's necessarily right or the truth, but enough people will believe it for him to bow out with his political career intact.

So, on the contrary, I think he's actually got a free hit by comparison to the other leaders around him.

Did I really just here that the big political news today is that Cameron is going to push for a diplomatic solution to the Syria crisis at the U.N. ?

Does he think that IS are ready to sit down and talk or that Assad is happy to kill less than the 90% of Syrian killings he already has?

Is it a coincidence that Corbyn suggested a peaceful solution first?

Whether ISIS are ready or not surely it is better to seek a diplomatic solution than to bomb the hell out of a country which only will leave many people dead  and many more adding to refugees.

Is it a coincidence that Corbyn suggested a peaceful solution first?

Whether ISIS are ready or not surely it is better to seek a diplomatic solution than to bomb the hell out of a country which only will leave many people dead  and many more adding to refugees.

I think we may be bombing ISIS to stop them raping and beheading people.

A peaceful solution would be ideal ,but ISIS are crazy so what can you do?

How on earth is any sort of diplomatic solution going to work with ISIS?

No idea.

Seems dumb.

I think we may be bombing ISIS to stop them raping and beheading people.

A peaceful solution would be ideal ,but ISIS are crazy so what can you do?

Are you also aware of what Assad has been doing to his own people?

No idea.

Seems dumb.

Are you also aware of what Assad has been doing to his own people?

Perhaps the middle east should be left to sort itself out as we only seem to make thing worse.

European borders have been forged through war over the centuries, but today you have harrowing pictures on the tv that makes it hard not to intervene

The entire Middle East is a tinderbox of ancient emnity and tribal bullshit that just keeps on burning. 

We (and the other global powers) thought that we could draw our own borders and stick in our own backed leaders (sometimes) and thought that would solve the problem, or at least stop the larger part of the killing. Not so.

No one knows what is the right course of action now and quite frankly I don't think there is one, or even a "less worse" option.

Perhaps the middle east should be left to sort itself out as we only seem to make thing worse.

European borders have been forged through war over the centuries, but today you have harrowing pictures on the tv that makes it hard not to intervene

This is true enough, but we'll never leave the Middle East alone - not until we can overcome our foolish reliance on oil as an energy source.

What amicable solution can you come to with people who believe taking sex slaves is a right and that anyone who doesn't follow their moral code should have their head chopped off?

Would anyone really want to engage in that? No one wants war but just like the Nazis some can only be beaten with it. ISIS are in that category.

What amicable solution can you come to with people who believe taking sex slaves is a right and that anyone who doesn't follow their moral code should have their head chopped off?

Would anyone really want to engage in that? No one wants war but just like the Nazis some can only be beaten with it. ISIS are in that category.

Agreed.

Assad too.

What the hell are we doing there at all?

Should've put more money into alternative power sources long ago.

The entire Middle East is a tinderbox of ancient emnity and tribal bullshit that just keeps on burning. 

We (and the other global powers) thought that we could draw our own borders and stick in our own backed leaders (sometimes) and thought that would solve the problem, or at least stop the larger part of the killing. Not so.

No one knows what is the right course of action now and quite frankly I don't think there is one, or even a "less worse" option.

Basically this.

The Balkans were the same in the late 19th / early 20th century and they are (relatively) stable now, so maybe there is some hope for the M.E.

Archived