Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 2-5 Arsenal - Results & Man of the Match

Vardy Continues Goalscoring Form As Clinical Arsenal End Unbeaten Run

lcfcratings.wordpress.com

Saturday 26 September 2015, 15:00
Barclays Premier League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 2
Vardy 13′, 89′

Arsenal 5
Walcott 18′, Sánchez 33′, 57′, 81′, Giroud 90′

Total Votes : 211

LCFC Ratings Man of the Match : Jamie Vardy

1. Jamie Vardy : 7.95
  2. Danny Drinkwater : 6.79
  3. N'Golo Kanté : 6.55
  4. Marc Albrighton : 5.62
  5. (SUB) Leonardo Ulloa : 5.53
  6. Robert Huth : 5.30
  7. (SUB) Andrej Kramaric : 5.25
  8. (SUB) Andy King : 5.22
  9. Ritchie De Laet : 5.13
  10. Wes Morgan : 4.95
  11. Kasper Schmeichel : 4.87
  12. Shinji Okazaki : 4.81
  13. Riyad Mahrez : 4.31
  14. Jeff Schlupp : 4.23

Team Performance : 5.49 (9/9)

Manager Performance : 5.27 (8/9)

Opposition Performance : 8.36 (1/9)

Officials Performance (Ref: Craig Pawson) : 3.74 (9/9)

Overall Manager Confidence : 97.56% (-0.86%)

If we win then Vardy gets a 9.96 rating. Such is the fickl;e nature of these polls.

i thought he was unplayable and has all but made the England's number 9 shirt his.

He was brilliant. People always struggle to rate people 8+ when they lose though. Just one of those things.

Didn't think the ref was that bad, I was moaning about offsides but tv proved me wrong, he isn't the worst ref we have had this season, can't believe he is rated so low.

cos we lost innit. a lot of refs get away with it on here at least when we win. whoever we had vs sunderland didn't deserve a rating in positive numbers, let alone almost bang on 5 like he got. i dont think he got a single decision right bar the penalty. 

the ref on saturday didnt really get anything major wrong bar perhaps the foul on shinji before their second. he got a lot of little things wrong though. there was a number of fouls on our players as we tried to break that ruined our game plan that went unpunished, and totting them up should've seen a few more yellows to stop them doing so. things like that piss me off no end. arsenal were clever tbf, too clever for yet another retarded referee. 

What was?

For me it was. You cannot defend like that and not expect a slamming for it.

Well we will have to agree to disagree, we could easily have scored 5 ourselves against a very good side but had great problems defending against Walcott and Sanchez who are top class and will do the same to better defences than ours.

What was?

For me it was. You cannot defend like that and not expect a slamming for it.

I'd say bournemouth was worse than that tbh - we were as defensively shoddy as that vs Bournemouth, but Bournemouth had Callum Wilson and Arsenal have a 80+ cap Chilean international who got over 20 last season; and we were better offensively on saturday than at bournemouth.

If we win then Vardy gets a 9.96 rating. Such is the fickl;e nature of these polls.

i thought he was unplayable and has all but made the England's number 9 shirt his.

He was brilliant. People always struggle to rate people 8+ when they lose though. Just one of those things.

He was quality but you have to lose marks when you don't bury a good chance at 1-0 and we go on to lose.

Everybody gets a big fat 0 from me, not for how they played, but because not one of the ungrateful sods could be arsed to come to the kop to say thanks for the great support - all except Kasper of course, he did, so gets 10 from me. I mean why? Its not as if we booed them off, ffs we were still singing away at 5 2 down. Bastards do that again, I'll be writing to my MP.

Personally think Huth's rating is generous tbh.

I thought he had a good game.

Cleared up a lot of breaks.

It's not going to be easy on a counter attack when you have play like we do.

Everybody gets a big fat 0 from me, not for how they played, but because not one of the ungrateful sods could be arsed to come to the kop to say thanks for the great support - all except Kasper of course, he did, so gets 10 from me. I mean why? Its not as if we booed them off, ffs we were still singing away at 5 2 down. Bastards do that again, I'll be writing to my MP.

There was a bit of recognition from Vardy and King, and Drinkwater applauded the whole ground as he went off, but it was a little disappointing that the fans didn't get more, but then I'm just hoping it was because they were so pissed off at losing and conceding 5.

I thought he had a good game.

Cleared up a lot of breaks.

It's not going to be easy on a counter attack when you have play like we do.

Don't get me wrong, Huth has been an inspired signing for this club. Both you and I thought he was THE difference last season I think?

But I've said this before..I think Huth is possibly suffering more than most from Pearson's departure. A tough centre back being managed by a tough centre back, kinda thing. This season he doesn't look as composed as he did last term. Whether it's Ranieri's different style and philosophy I don't know. But something isn't right with Huth. Not very wrong, but just not right.

There was a bit of recognition from Vardy and King, and Drinkwater applauded the whole ground as he went off, but it was a little disappointing that the fans didn't get more, but then I'm just hoping it was because they were so pissed off at losing and conceding 5.

Glad u realised I was being flippant !

Don't get me wrong, Huth has been an inspired signing for this club. Both you and I thought he was THE difference last season I think?

But I've said this before..I think Huth is possibly suffering more than most from Pearson's departure. A tough centre back being managed by a tough centre back, kinda thing. This season he doesn't look as composed as he did last term. Whether it's Ranieri's different style and philosophy I don't know. But something isn't right with Huth. Not very wrong, but just not right.

Nothing to do with any of the above in my opinion. Too slow to play in a two, gets away with lack of pace when playing in a 3. That's the difference between this season and last season.

Well we will have to agree to disagree, we could easily have scored 5 ourselves against a very good side but had great problems defending against Walcott and Sanchez who are top class and will do the same to better defences than ours.

But we knew about the threat of Walcott and Sanchez and their ability to get behind/around people and didn't deal with it. Yes, we could have scored five and certainly should have scored three but we didn't and your wishful thinking conveniently ignores Arsenal's other chances.

I'm not saying there was nothing positive to take from our performance and, yes, we had chances to make the game extremely interesting but, bottom line, we didn't neutralise the ammunition of Arsenal and, as Dan says, you can't concede five goals and expect to win.

Truth is Arsenal exposed our well documented weaknesses like no other so far this season and we didn't help ourselves by emphasising those weaknesses in the way we approached the game.       

It was bad enough having two slow-turning centre-backs trying to deal with two outstanding will-o-the-wisp attackers on their own, but leaving DeLaet exposed and having Mahrez making the situation worse by continually losing the ball was just asking for trouble.

It's not just quick counter-attacking that will establish our Premiership credentials, but being able to pass and keep the ball and being able to contain the strengths of our opponents.

We got one out of three.  .  

The system's changed and it's a lot harder for him. Huth is a formidable front-on defender but in a three. Once he's exposed in a two-centre-back situation he's vulnerable and so is Morgan because there's too much space between and around them.

It's been clear to see on other occasions this season without having Arsenal rub the point home. The answer is to either use a system that plays to their strengths or use other players who fit into the preferred system more comfortably.

The problem is trying to retain our swift counter-attacking style - our major strength - within a more reliable defensive structure and it's not easy with limited in-form options.

Archived